Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

anoying questions that people ask you about your bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red91_sc
In most restaurants(at least most where I used to live) they have to ask if its "for here or to go" even if you are wearing full gear.
I hate that one..but since I've started frequenting the fast food places around here they know it's "to go" for me.

Usually I get cat-calls (cause my ponytail sticks out the back of my helmet and my jacket is, ahem, snug )and you can tell I'm a girl on a big bike and sometimes I get "do a wheelie!" but I just say 'kiss my a**' or pretend I can't hear whoever it is.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:13 PM

I started riding on a Suzuki cruiser and the most irritating question then was, "Is it a Harley?" When I would say no they would always follow that with, "When are you going to upgrade to a Harley?" I don't see getting a Harley as moving up in bikes and I usually tell people what I think of Harley's. In the Midwest if you insult Harley people think you're insane. It's on the same level as if you say that MotoGP is better than NASCAR. Now with the CBR I at least won't be getting the Harley question anymore!

The worst is still when I first tell someone that I ride and they decide to tell me that I could get killed on a motorcycle (like I don't know the risks). My usual response is "If I weren't willing to accept the possible consequence then I would have no business riding" That usually kills the topic and has the additional benefit of scaring them.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:24 PM

Just got my cherry popped on my "for here or to go?"

Had my jacket on and helmet in the chair.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:00 AM

this isn't really annoying...actually it was kinda funny, but I was out riding the other day and i drive by a family and I see this little kid tug on his dad's shirt and point at me and go "WHOAAAA, DAD LOOK!" kinda made me laugh 'cuz that's how I was when I was a kid

Old 04-10-2009, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by cincyrider
I started riding on a Suzuki cruiser and the most irritating question then was, "Is it a Harley?" When I would say no they would always follow that with, "When are you going to upgrade to a Harley?" I don't see getting a Harley as moving up in bikes and I usually tell people what I think of Harley's. In the Midwest if you insult Harley people think you're insane. It's on the same level as if you say that MotoGP is better than NASCAR. Now with the CBR I at least won't be getting the Harley question anymore!

The worst is still when I first tell someone that I ride and they decide to tell me that I could get killed on a motorcycle (like I don't know the risks). My usual response is "If I weren't willing to accept the possible consequence then I would have no business riding" That usually kills the topic and has the additional benefit of scaring them.
Shoulda said, yeah, it's a harley. Most people wouldn't know the difference

Old 04-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always get the "Do you know you have a headlight out?" I respond with "Thanks! I'll get it fixed right away"

Had a guy in an old busted Ranger holler at me at a stoplight to do a burnout. I said you first.... Sure enough the idiot left doing one of the most awesome peg-leg burnouts I've ever seen. I was impressed.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:43 PM

I love it when people at stoplights ask me to do a wheelie... it never fails... its like people think that we go around everywhere on one wheel?

Old 04-11-2009, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by SMarti018
its like people think that we go around everywhere on one wheel?
Well...they do. When my parents' friends (and my own friends, for that matter) hear that I ride a motorcycle, the first question out of their mouths is always (2 separate versions): 1) You don't do wheelies and all that other dangerous stuff do you? 2) Dude, that's awesome, do you do wheelies and stuff?

Oh well. Just one of the things we deal with by virtue of the fact that we like rolling around on two wheels.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:22 PM

lol,
the kids plastered to the glass watching me pass by on the interstate reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjrlndf8geU

back in the hay-day I remember doing the exact same thing, just lifting up next to cars givin em a little show. kinda when a kid pulls an imaginary horn, if your a trucker, u just gatta do it man! lol
anyways, too old to be pullin that crap at my age, i'll leave it to the youngins.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:53 PM

Hey all,

You wanna know what really ticks me off!? When people ask me what's wrong with my bike!! If I knew, I would fix it! Duhhhhh!

Quick Reply: anoying questions that people ask you about your bike