Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

anoying questions that people ask you about your bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why have a F2 and not get a F4i? I like my F2
How fast have you gone? To fast
Your going to die on it? Yep your point.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:22 PM

"Hey girl... can I get a riddee?" lol

I've given guys rides before. They make horrible passengers. Girls that know how to be passengers make much better ones.. they lean into you more, yet still support their weight. The couple guys I did ride around were kinda large.. Bike doesn't like all that weight on the back. They also tend to sit upright more. haha

Get the size question a lot. They think the bike is bigger than it is or something. People are so oblivious.

Had some dumb girls say my bike is big and ask me if I'm scared or some ****.

Had a guy ask me if his girl could ride it. I'm not really weird about letting people ride my bike, especially when I know they would make it right with me if they f*cked it up even more than it already is. (I bought it with a rebuilt title, it needs a little TLC.) But I'm not going to let someone ride it that doesn't already ride something or another of comparable size or larger. Honestly a lot of people don't belong on motorcycles, hate to say this, but especially women. Scary to think they're driving around vehicles 3,000lbs or more.. Rather not have them learn clutch control on 2 wheels... at least not on my 2 wheels. Dude was like.. but I thought you were gonna put new plastics on it anyway... Yeah, I said I was gonna put new plastics.. not you. I don't wanna be liable for your dumbass girlfriend.

Don't really get that many stupid questions.. mostly hang out with people that ride or go visit friends. I get **** sometimes for not wearing a helmet, but whatever. I even had one of my clients offer to buy me one for xmas.. I was like, nah, I'd sell it on craigslist.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

People on the street: "How much you want for it?" WTF makes them think I want to sell it?

Old 12-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
People on the street: "How much you want for it?" WTF makes them think I want to sell it?
I had a guy come up to me a homedepot and he said " Ill give you a grand for it and no more!" LOL i said what makes you think im selling it? He said cause it looks like crap. So i replied well how much for you? He looked confused and i told him just wondering cause you like like **** too. hahahahahaha MAN Was he pissed. Flipping my off and making a huge scene in the parking lot. I ended up getting on my bike and going somewhere else in fear of him hitting my bike. lol

Old 12-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best question i ever had asked....

Before i left work my wife and i were going meet at a restaruant to eat. she drove the car with my son and i met her on the bike. i put my helmet in the car but left my jacket on(not sure why, just forgot to take it off...) Grabbed my son out of his car seat and we walked inside.

What happened next literally had me laughing so hard a manager asked us to leave....

The hostess/greeter lady got an unbelievable concerned look on her face and asked, "They make carseats for bikes now?" (my son is 20 mos. old btw) OMFG Are you serious???? thought about telling her that i just wrapped him in bubble wrap and bungeed him to the rear seat.

I think its amazing how many poeple forget to think about what they are saying beforehand.

Dad had an old saying that he drilled into my head:

"Its better to remain silent and thought a fool, then to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." fits in so many situations.

Last edited by Fearless4x4; 12-02-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:57 PM

Read multiple pages and I've been asked just about all of them...lol

when someone yells "do a wheelie" I usually yell back "do a backflip"

when I get the headlight out, I just simply hit the hi beams.

And the bonus and most annoying is the "do you know how dangerous those are" I work in a hospital in the operating room, so these people I work with feel the need to hound me about all the trauma's we see come through the door, and how I shouldn't ride a bike as there SOOO DANGEROUS!! My response is to ask them how many trauma's have come in from people driving cars?? I mean they outnumber bike accidents around here by far!! And besides I could die from about a million other things but at least if I go out on my bike, I'll die doing the thing I love most in life!!

Old 12-03-2009, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by ID_CBRRider
And besides I could die from about a million other things but at least if I go out on my bike, I'll die doing the thing I love most in life!!
Amen, brother.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:49 AM

i like all the questions and attention...they dont bother me.

makes me feel special...lol

Old 12-04-2009, 12:20 AM

The most annoying part of all of that is that I don't even race and I tell everyone that. I use my bike to get to work or wherever I gotta go, but people assume since I have a crotch rocket that I race.[/quote]

I know what you mean man, one guy asked me if I'm in a gang. It's dangerous, how fast, wheelie. Most annoying is when some of my friends who have no interest in riding find out I have a bike. Then the chain of typical questions come up.

I had a friend who never knew I had a bike since I never said anything. He'd see bikers on the road and talk all sorts of smack and laugh about it. Classic.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:09 AM

there is always some kid who pulls into my lane rite next to me with no gear and revs the **** out of it makin both of us look stupid, then says lets run em... the assumtion that because im on a killer HONDA i must want to race everything out there. dont get me wrong , i love to spank her in the **** real good sometimes but just dont have anything to prove. i usually nod and let them take off to find that i turned off in another direction. and i love the "is that thing fast?'

Quick Reply: anoying questions that people ask you about your bike