Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

anoying questions that people ask you about your bike

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grlzridet0o69
1. the headlight thing...always!! damnit its not burnt out!!

2. your kinda small for that bike arent you? (no im not a *****)

3. Wheres your backseat?? ( i have a seat cowl dip****)

4. Why is your exhaust under the seat, doesnt that get hot...( no comment for that stupid ****)

5. Why dont you ride a real bike? ( oh like a harley...i like not breaking down and i like to get where im going faster than you).
someone said #5 to me the other day and I said I wanted to ride not spend my time and money trying to get it fixed

Old 02-03-2010, 07:00 AM

i got tired on my katana with people telling me to "bring it up!!! pop a wheelie!!!" i like my paint job and having my motorcycle license ha ha. plus i couldnt get the front up.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate the "aren't you hot in that" and "how fast does it go/how fast have you had it goin'".
I hear those two almost every time I go out.

Another thing I've heard a couple times is "Looks like you need a new back tire, don't ya'?" (doesn't matter if the tire has 100miles on it)...lol

I had one guy ask me why I was putting 87 octane in it because according to him, "motorcycles won't run right without premium"...

Oh, I almost forgot about one from a little while back....

I was putting gas in my KLR650 one night and a random guy comes up and asks "what kinda bike is that?". I told him it was a KLR650 (which is printed right on the side of the dam bike...lol).
So he says "Is that the biggest one they make?"
I said "The biggest KLR they make".
So he says "You would think they'd make a 1000. That would be cool"
WTF?

I've also had a couple people ask me how fast the KLR will go. They always seem disappointed when I say "I don't know, I've had it up to about 90, but it's pretty wound out"
Like WTF do they expect? I should just start saying "Oh, it'll go 160mph easy" LOL..

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 02-03-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:17 PM

hehe trout..i had a guy ask me what size is my yamaha XT200, i said its a 200 ...he said nope..they never made a 200... i said well ive got to be the luckiest guy in the world to have the olny xt 200 ...lol

Old 02-03-2010, 07:26 PM

i also hate those people who always "has a friend" with something better then what you got. ha ha.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hehe trout..i had a guy ask me what size is my yamaha XT200, i said its a 200 ...he said nope..they never made a 200... i said well ive got to be the luckiest guy in the world to have the olny xt 200 ...lol
Ha! You gotta wonder about some people. Like why the hell they insist on thinking they know your bike better than you... lol..
Since my CBR doesn't have decals, I've had people assume it's a 600. When I tell them it's a 1000, I usually just get the "Really?"...... like I'm lying to them or something...

i also hate those people who always "has a friend" with something better then what you got. ha ha.
Oh yeah, that's a classic. "My buddy has a 1000RR".
Me: "Ok. I'm happy for him. They're great bikes."
I mean WTF do they want me to say?? "OMFG REALLY!!?? He must be soooo badass!! And by association, you're a super cool badass, too!! Hell, I can't believe you're even talking to a loser like me!"

Old 02-03-2010, 08:11 PM

here's one for ya.

go into a fast food joint with full racing gear, helmet, & gloves and they ask you if it's for here or to go when you order a full meal. i normally respond with "really?" as i hold up my stuff. either that or i tell them my bike doesn't have a cup holder.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by bikerboy46032
here's one for ya.

go into a fast food joint with full racing gear, helmet, & gloves and they ask you if it's for here or to go when you order a full meal. i normally respond with "really?" as i hold up my stuff. either that or i tell them my bike doesn't have a cup holder.
thats what i need to do for my bike!!!!! ha ha ha. get a cup holder!

Old 02-04-2010, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by maineiack
i got tired on my katana with people telling me to "bring it up!!! pop a wheelie!!!" i like my paint job and having my motorcycle license ha ha. plus i couldnt get the front up.

That's funny because I used to have a 750 Katana and ppl would ask me to pop a wheelie. But never on my other bikes. Maybe the Katana just looks like a wheelie machine to non-riders? lol

Old 02-04-2010, 04:18 PM

Oh yeah, that's a classic. "My buddy has a 1000RR".
Me: "Ok. I'm happy for him. They're great bikes."
I mean WTF do they want me to say?? "OMFG REALLY!!?? He must be soooo badass!! And by association, you're a super cool badass, too!! Hell, I can't believe you're even talking to a loser like me!"
[/quote]

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Quick Reply: anoying questions that people ask you about your bike