Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

anoying questions that people ask you about your bike

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eviljoint420
i got the you know ur back tire is bald im like i know. "it really is bald and i really knew it was"

LOL "I know, it took me a LONG time to get it just right like that."

Old 06-10-2009, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by DWT74
I hear the cbr 650,1100 alot.
Yeah, where did that come from. The guy I bought the bike off of said it was a 650, and I had to ask him why it says "600" on the tail. . .

Old 09-03-2009, 01:20 AM

I hate the how big is the bike question.

Last week, i pull into a restaurant parking lot. Dude comes up to me, "what size is that bike?" I say, "1000." Dude goes, "then why does it say 600?" I say, "so you can read. Then wtf did you ask what size it is."

Old 09-07-2009, 12:40 AM

As a small-framed female, I have encountered all the cliche questions, and been lectured enough to awaken primal and violent impulses whenever I hear lead-ins like "you should be careful..." or the phrase "little girl".

But the one that takes the cake was when a COP who was making me wait out in front of my apartment building for the *bleeping* TOW TRUCK that HE JUST CALLED on my vintage CB160 for being parked "on a city stree-I mean on city domain" (AKA the xtra wide entrance to my building's driveway AKA the sidewalk) for expired tags. WTF?!?! (as a little background: I live on a quiet narrow residential street in East Hollywood, and I always use that out-of-the-way patch of cement to work on my bikes as a courtesy to my street parking neighbors who I know from experience have trouble finding spots on the street)

After refusing to let me simply roll my bike up to the side of my building since I honestly didn't know the sidewalk counted as the street, he asks:

1) "This your friend's bike?" NO. (I remind him for the third time that it's mine along with the OTHER TWO REGISTERED BIKES on "the city domain")
2) "You know it has to be registered!" I know. I bought it 3 days ago non-running, and have been working on it here ...( blah blah blah I tried to explain).
3) "that your moped?" (he singles out the 150 scooter parked between my CBR600F and the CB160 awaiting it's doom, and I try not to roll my eyes as I affirm that it is in fact my "scooter")
4) "you have a helmet for it?" Seriously????? Yes, of course!
5) "you know a lot of kids are buying these and don't know what they're getting into. You know you need a license and insurance for it" ............(too pissed to form a reply that wouldn't get me zapped, shot, or beaten)

Old 09-07-2009, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by IvyRacer
As a small-framed female, I have encountered all the cliche questions, and been lectured enough to awaken primal and violent impulses whenever I hear lead-ins like "you should be careful..." or the phrase "little girl".

But the one that takes the cake was when a COP who was making me wait out in front of my apartment building for the *bleeping* TOW TRUCK that HE JUST CALLED on my vintage CB160 for being parked "on a city stree-I mean on city domain" (AKA the xtra wide entrance to my building's driveway AKA the sidewalk) for expired tags. WTF?!?! (as a little background: I live on a quiet narrow residential street in East Hollywood, and I always use that out-of-the-way patch of cement to work on my bikes as a courtesy to my street parking neighbors who I know from experience have trouble finding spots on the street)

After refusing to let me simply roll my bike up to the side of my building since I honestly didn't know the sidewalk counted as the street, he asks:

1) "This your friend's bike?" NO. (I remind him for the third time that it's mine along with the OTHER TWO REGISTERED BIKES on "the city domain")
2) "You know it has to be registered!" I know. I bought it 3 days ago non-running, and have been working on it here ...( blah blah blah I tried to explain).
3) "that your moped?" (he singles out the 150 scooter parked between my CBR600F and the CB160 awaiting it's doom, and I try not to roll my eyes as I affirm that it is in fact my "scooter")
5) "you know a lot of kids are buying these and don't know what they're getting into. You know you need a license and insurance for it" ............(too pissed to form a reply that wouldn't get me zapped, shot, or beaten)

Sorry if any of you are cops but most cops ask stupid questions, but on the other side of that cops deal with some dumb *** people on a regular basis, and they have to ask these types questions because people use these things as an excuse, in your case sounds like he was bein an *** about nothing major. Kudos to you for your restraint LoL
I hate people who ask "can I ride it?" Or "care if I sit on it?" On the other side of that I got the best compliment I've gotn. To date. Yesterday iam @ the store taken a break having a smoke and guy walking by says "wow nice bike man I wish I had one just like it". I
I smiled all the way home LoL something else cool is that when your on a bike your every kids hero 0and their parents nitemare LoL

Old 09-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IvyRacer

Shoulda told him the 150 & 160 weren't vehicles.

"They're just props, officer. Later tonight I'm going to jump over them with my 600. Care to come watch? Tickets are $5"

Old 09-07-2009, 11:03 AM

Deadspot you are right about us having to deal with dumbasses on a regular basis. We tend to ask simple questions in an attempt to get straight forward answers. For example after being approached by an individual with distinctly knuckle shaped bruises on his face and ribs, carpet burns on the back of his head and knees, and a fractured cheek with double vision I asked "what happened?". I fell out of bed. "but you sleep on the lower bunk"
Sometimes the answers don't add up.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by thrasher572
Deadspot you are right about us having to deal with dumbasses on a regular basis. We tend to ask simple questions in an attempt to get straight forward answers. For example after being approached by an individual with distinctly knuckle shaped bruises on his face and ribs, carpet burns on the back of his head and knees, and a fractured cheek with double vision I asked "what happened?". I fell out of bed. "but you sleep on the lower bunk"
Sometimes the answers don't add up.
LoL yup, exactly my point to ivy, but my point to police would be I know its tuff but all situations don't require that tactic LoL
But I guess its the only way to be sure you get the str8 answer,

Old 09-07-2009, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by gofasteRR
"Why do you have a 600 and not a 1000?"

I swear to God next person to ask me that is getting popped in the f*cking mouth.
Really tho.. Why ride a 600 when you could have a 900RR?? LMAO

Old 12-01-2009, 05:46 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

I love the size of the bike questions. I DO have a 900, but I also have a VFR400, which is actually more fun to ride. I always get "That is a 400?? Why would you want that? You need to get a Gixxer thou man."

Earlier this summer, I rode with a mate of mine from Pisa over to Rimini for the Misano round of MotoGP. The night before the race, we were all hanging out at the campground and this drunk German guy starts chatting up my friend. Next thing I know, this dude just up and swings a leg over my buddy's brand new Monster 1100S. He didn't even ask! I wigged out but my buddy just played it off like it wasn't a big deal. I was riding my turd '98 Blade and I wasn't about to let anyone sit on it.

Quick Reply: anoying questions that people ask you about your bike