Old 07-04-2007, 03:23 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scammed?

anything yet ?

Old 07-04-2007, 06:00 AM

no nada. I cant believe this guy. hes got till July 20th. Thats 30 days from when the check cleared my bank. If i dont have anything by then i will take him to court.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:03 AM

ORIGINAL: AK47

I'm not impressed with how anybody is handling this issue...
How would you handle it?

Old 07-04-2007, 06:18 AM

I think 30 days is more than long enough, I cannot coment on what to do next as I don't know how things work in the US, in the UK we would take him to the small claims court, make sure you keep all corespondece as you might need it in court.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:00 AM

ORIGINAL: wreckordbreaker

ORIGINAL: AK47

I'm not impressed with how anybody is handling this issue...
How would you handle it?
Privately until I had exhausted all of my resources legally.
Then I would have put the info up on the forum so everybody else could have been warned (I agree on this part that its a necessary evil.)

If you have his address,and you have a receipt for the check he cant win.
He may hide from you, but he cant hide from the federal court when he gets indicted for fraud.
Remember, as tough as it is to bite your tongue,and to try to remain calm. the law is on your side.
In the court system they have whats known as "perponderance of evidence" meaning that you just have to make the judge belive you more than the other person.
You show them a receipt for the check,show it was sent registered mail,and that it was deposited...And he avoided your calls,didnt send you anything and ....BINGO!!
I just wouldnt want to have it go that far.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:18 PM

It still goes back to the seller not communicating with the buyer. Mayeb he was alittle quick disclosing his mname but it was 5 days after the check was cashed and no communication. This dweeb need sto step up and send parts or money.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:37 PM

ORIGINAL: xcrusader12

and also the person who says he knows the guy isa new member.... I donno... but if i was gonna scam sombody on a forum.... thats probably what i would do. Just check out the times between posts between those three... its almost always the next post and sometimes even within an hour or two if they are calling them out or mentioning them... I could be wrong... but they all have the same writing style too.
i didnt know that i was a new member when i have almost 1,000 post...yeah the reason forhim posting up so quick is when i seen that it wasnt taken care of i called him and told him to get ahold of wreckordbreaker and that is when he got on here and posted up both times. and now i am going to call him and he will probably post up...

thats a good conspiracy theory but there are a couple of problems with that..i live in kenosha and not racine and my name is bryan not marcell and i am white and he is black...amongst a LONG list of other things..if you need more proof---> http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...d-0e33f784f556

Old 07-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those who say this is the reason they never buy unless they can pick it up locally; look for sellers with a credit card option. There are so many more products available and better prices online. I know a lot of ebay and forum sellers aren't set up to accept cc's but that's the ones i stay clear of cuz there's too much risk to the buyer and almost none to the seller (too easy to scam). I've bought a few items on forums via paypal direct cash but only from long time members with good track records. Besides, it's so easy for seller to set up cc payments (even through paypal) .. yeah it costs seller a little more per transaction (very little) but it usually shows they are serious sellers and also looking out for the buyer not just themselves .. sending paypal direct payments, postal orders, western union, cashiers checks and you have little to no protection against scams; pay by cc and not get items and you simply do a chargeback and that's the end of it and no one loses any sleep.

Doesn't help this particular case any but hope you two work this out and you get your money back.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: M109R

It still goes back to the seller not communicating with the buyer. Mayeb he was alittle quick disclosing his mname but it was 5 days after the check was cashed and no communication.
Thats what I was referring to...minus all the Liebel

Old 07-07-2007, 11:20 PM

Just wondering if there was any update?

I think I am screwed on a purchase. There was a post for a K&N filter and I sent $$ a few weeks back (postal money order) and seller said it was shipped last Saturday or before. (From Kansas to Ohio) It's been a week supposedly in transit and I ain't got crap. I asked seller if he had tracking or anything and he says dude, I sent it by postal mail. Guess I'll pray that it shows up, but it looks like I just lost the cost of a K&N filter.[&:]

Quick Reply: Scammed?