CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Scammed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 07:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scammed?

I'm more than willing to help out the people who have helped me here. Since I just had to buy a new tire, brakes, and front stand, I'm kinda poor, but I'd pitch in $10 if I can send Paypal.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:15 PM

I am greatful to all the decent people in here, but i cannot accept any donations. Thanks for the support and it was a thoughtful idea. I wouldnt feel right taking donations. [sm=thanx.gif]

Old 07-12-2007, 02:00 PM

Hope this scumbag gets whats comin to him. Hopefully they've picked him up already. Prob cost him more than the 600 in bail. ********

Old 07-13-2007, 02:39 PM

Wow, I just finished reading through this thread, and it got me pretty heated. I've been scammed in the past, and it's people like this guy that make it tough on others. It's getting harder and harder to discern good deals from scams (other than the obvious '06 RR being sold for $2k but the seller is in the UK type deals!) I think every argument made by the seller is BS. His main argument is that the form of payment differed than what was originally requested. If that's the case he should have returned it back to the buyer and there would be no dispute. With his record, I wouldn't be surprised if he never intended to send any fairings. The form of payment he requested may have been to requested so that he could deposit it into his account with no traceability- then drop off the face of the earth. Money orders/direct transfers/Western union- very unsafe to use in internet business transactions. They can deposit it into their account with no ties to they buyer.

Good luck to the seller. I hope things work out and you get properly compensated. SCAMMERS SUCK!!!

Old 07-13-2007, 06:48 PM

like I told bind this past sunday the check did clear and I was going to call the person to see what he wanted to do. either money order, bank check, or cash.

although every one thinks I am just dragging my feet just to be a dick should think again. once again I live and bank in one city and work in another so getting to my bank to do anything is hard. now another thing this whole thing could have been avoided if the funds had been sent the way I requested in the first place.

now I work from 7am until 9pm 6 days a week. I do have off a few days next week I will get to the bank then. I am thinking some time wed morning. put the check in the mail he should get it some time end of the week.

now I am not sure where you got some of the information but I dont have any warrants.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

well a phone call on your part couldve avoided all this. its not the buyers fault you live/bank one place and work another. a lil common courtesy is all that is needed. you also said that this couldve been avoided if he sent you the funds the way you requested. but if the money cleared then you shouldve been on the phone saying that his parts were sent out. all banks have 24 hr customer service where you can check to see if funds have posted to your account.

you say "i dont know where you got some of your information but i dont have any warrants" does that mean everything else is true ?

Old 07-13-2007, 07:00 PM

me and Scrufdog are going through something too.. he paid me for a part immediately and i shipped it out the next day and all of a sudden the mail system has eaten the part, its been about a month now and nothing has shown up on either end!...now that BLOWS!!!

scrufdog got his link guess where it came from??? me. I had another link I was going to put on my bike for weeks (2 months) me and bind changed my link so I gave my old one up so he could get his bike going.

have I dragged my feet? yep sure have. why? cause the original post was totally unceccessary since the time that had went by was only a few days.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

so basically that means everything you have said about waiting for the bank to clear, he didnt send the right payment, etc for being the reason why you didnt send out the parts or the money backits all a bull**** *** lie because you just said
ORIGINAL: locell
have I dragged my feet? yep sure have. why? cause the original post was totally unceccessary since the time that had went by was only a few days.
the reason youre draggin *** is because you got pissed off he made the original post. damn what a bitch you are . ****in man up and make the situation right

Old 07-13-2007, 10:08 PM

Locell did call me tonight and told me he is going to the bank and going to get the funds back to me in the begining of the week. He said I will hear from him on Monday. To be honest i was surprised he called me tonight. Anyways its a step in the right direction, and if and when i get my money back this will all be over and i will let you guys know. I will also edit my posts about him and take down his information..... but i am getting ahead of myself the funds arent here yet.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:36 PM

glad to hear!

Quick Reply: Scammed?