CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Scammed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 02:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scammed?

1st off i got a call from a friend which made me logg on the net then come look at the forum I prob would not have came back here until later on in the month when I had more free time.

as far as no harm no foul? anytime you put a persons info on the net there is harm and foul but like I said when the check clears I will send the money back no issue now since I was going to take some PT tomorrow to do this (take unpaid leave) I will wait until i get my half day later this week then goto the bank and see if the check has cleared since people want to be an ***.

postal money orders are prob onethe best secure ways to send money since any post office can verify the money order but hey think what you will. oh thanks for the info about paypal I will listen to that when your friend listen to ways people want to be paid.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:54 AM

ORIGINAL: locell

as far as no harm no foul? anytime you put a persons info on the net there is harm and foul but like I said when the check clears I will send the money back no issue now since I was going to take some PT tomorrow to do this (take unpaid leave) I will wait until i get my half day later this week then goto the bank and see if the check has cleared since people want to be an ***.

postal money orders are prob onethe best secure ways to send money since any post office can verify the money order but hey think what you will. oh thanks for the info about paypal I will listen to that when your friend listen to ways people want to be paid.

All i want is my money back. That is the right thing to do man. It still sounds like your gonna dick with me over the issue. Just make it right so we can all get on with our lives. As far as taking "PT" to see if the check has cleared all you have to do is go online to your bank and check your account and see if a deposit of 600 has been made. the check cleared my bank on the 20th.This is dragging on too long it will be 3 weeks friday since i mailed the check to you. Lastnight was the first time i talked you and the only reason you answered the phone was because i blocked my number. This had got me pretty stressed out. I just want to fix my bike and ride I dont really need all this BS. And for the record no one is being an ***.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:43 AM

A money order should have been sent since that was what was requested. If there was a problem with that, it should have been worked out in conversation. A bank check is gauranteed money as the money comes out of the account when it is made up, not when it is cashed. However, I would first want my bank to veryify that the check was good and that the money was in my account.

Money orders are not a secure form of payment. A USPS money order is a good idea because the postal service doesn't mess around with mail fraud and the like. Still doesn't mean one can't get scammed though. Paypal would have been the best bet in this case IMHO.

Locell, you rname was out there, nothing other than that. There is no harm done to you. It's not like he had the credit agency on the phoneor something or caused you to not get employment. I also agree that you shouldn't need to take leave to check your account. Even if you don't go on line, banks all have call in numbers that they can verify info for you. Stop being an *** and trying to make it seem like you are losing work to check your frigging bank account.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:36 PM

Just as i figured i blocked my cell number lastnight and he answered his phone! After arguing for a few minutes he tells me that he will refund my money. He was going to the bank to see if the money was in his account and then email me and let me know what was going on. He alsosaid that he would have the bank print off a document if the funds werent there and he was going to attach that to an email.Well Its almost 10 here and after leaving two messages on his phone nothing. Again his word is ****!

Old 06-27-2007, 03:43 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a guy that was taking his sweet time with shipping some parts I had purchased. My scenario involved me paying with paypal though. Other than that, the situation was similar; my emails were being disregardedandmy phone calls went straight to voice mail. I gave the guy two weeks before I started to make contact about the status of the parts. In total, I gave him 35 days before I put in a refund request with paypal ... I got my parts . It just really sucks that someone just totally disregards their responsibility in the deal. At least this guy is seems to be communicating here on the forum because it is way better than never ever hearing from the person again and they have your $. Hope every thing turns out alright for ya wreckordbreaker.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:32 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

this is the exact reason i only deal locally or i will even drive a lil bit if i have to to get or sell something.
also another easy way couldve been to take teh money and make a deposit directly into the sellers account .but hey lesson learned , its just amazing how much bull**** peole have to go through to to do business (that goes for both buyers and sellers)

Old 06-27-2007, 05:07 AM
Mad

I hear ya Havoc. This is exactly why I am apprehensive about dealing with people who advertise under the "for sale" section or eBay for that matter. People who think they are too busy to fulfill their end of the obligation are wrong. My opinion is if someone sends you the money you should make EVERY effort to get that part out; yesterday. That means the minute the check clears or whatever that part should be shipped and a tracking number provided. If you can't get it out send that person an email explaining what is going on. They deserve it. A follow up email asking if they got it after it is shipped out is also cool. Keeping in contact is a positive. Come on we need to be cool to each other and going out of our way to help one another is the way our community should operate. Off my box now...

Old 06-27-2007, 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Scrufdog

I think you'll get your stuff, just give up hope quite yet.
me and Scrufdog are going through something too.. he paid me for a part immediately and i shipped it out the next day and all of a sudden the mail system has eaten the part, its been about a month now and nothing has shown up on either end!...now that BLOWS!!!

Old 06-27-2007, 02:12 PM

I am with havoc, if something costs more than £100, then I will always go and collect the item to make sure I get it and it is as described but then again the UK is a lot smaller than the USA.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:06 PM

not all bank checks are as good as cash.

You guys must have heard o f the Nigerian scam going on. We were selling a suburban and some guy sent us a check that looked like it came from a bank in New Jersey. The check went into our bank account and came back as a dud about 2 weeks later.

Luckily we knew about the scam and were trying to get more info to give to the police to see if we could catch the guy. He emailed almost every day telling us to send the extra funds to him via western union.

In your case I think a phonecall or a quick email to the buyer to let him know what is going on would have put his mind at ease and prevented the bad vibes between you guys.

Quick Reply: Scammed?