F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

another short F4i 5 min vid

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: another short F4i 5 min vid

Abad, you keep talking about the risking the safety of pedestrians and other drivers by riding recklessly, but you don't know what it is like to ride in a place like Malta. Let me give you an example to give you a better perspective. I was in Kosovo for a while, and while I was there I would have to drive everyday. One of the main highway's in Kosovo is about as wide as 1 and a half lanes in the states and that is for two way traffic. The posted speed limit there is 70 kph, which I was doing when I first got there because that is how we are conditioned to drive in the USA (close to the speed limit). One day as I was driving on this highway there was oncoming traffic and two cars behind me . The people behind me felt I was going to slow so they decided to pass me, one by driving through the farm field on the right and the other by cutting in front of the oncoming traffic and driving through the farm field on the left. Luckly the people working the fields that day were not near the road so no one got hurt (but it easily could have been different). I asked a local I worked with about this and he said it was normal and his response was that it was typical for people do things like that so I should drive faster. When I asked if they care about hitting people his response was "it happens all the time over here, we're use to it." I had to alter my driving to match what was normal for Kosovo or else I would be a bigger hazard then someone driving like Billythekid. I'm not saying this style of riding is smart, but you have to understand what the enviroment you are in is like or else you will get someone else hurt.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^I'm not taking sides or trying to stick up for Abad but your logic is flawed on the point you're trying to make for this particular set of circumstances. You may want to watch the vid again and rethink your argument ... look at it again and count how many vehicles any one of these bikers passed at a high rate of speed with little margin of error vs. how many times they where passed (which is zero btw) and then reread what you wrote and try again.

This vid is nothing new or special, and anyone that's ridden bikes for a while or has an internet connection has seen this type of riding over and over again ... so doing it is not what's shocking here .. what is amazing is trying to defend it. Yes, once in a rare while I may do some stupid riding but at the very least I own up to it and admit it's stupid and would never try to defend it as anything other than stupid.

p.s. this is what I meant the first time when I wrote it depends on what you consider "some" adaptation to the environment vs. using "any" adaptation as an excuse to justify doing whatever the hell you feel like doing on the roads with no regard to others safety.

Edit: And what sucks is that the one cager you may **** off doing this may be the one who takes it out on another rider later on ... which is another flawed logic for the other argument others are trying to make "ride how you want and we'll ride how we want"

Old 04-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BillytheKid
Our friend on a kawi died on the spot 1 week ago hitting a car doing a U turn in a main road. That makes our group go down to 6 from 10 as of 2 years ago (3 died and the other one had his right limb amputated from below his knee on impact) - food for thought.
I'm a little late to this thread, but come on. 30% of your riding group are dead within two years, another was dismembered, and you're telling us you don't consider this to be reckless riding.

Old 04-07-2007, 04:19 PM

ORIGINAL: 93_ka24det

geez theres alot of ****** on this forum. haha just kidding just a bunch of uptight old men who never break the laws....
There is a reason us "old" folks are still alive and riding. We've beenriding longenough to know what it takes to stay alive andride another day. You have to ride defensivly. Alot of you "kids" that think it's ok to ride like billythekid won't be around very long.

Old 04-07-2007, 08:07 PM
IDL

1) I am getting a kick out of people defending reckless driving

2) As soon as I watched the video I was going to ask if you guys had ever had major crashes or had lost anyone, well that question was answered.

3) Yeah we all love the fact that our bikes can haul *** but it can be done in a fairly safe manner (not around traffic, intersections, etc..). You gotta choose your times to have some fun

4) I have no doubt drivers are much more aggressive in other countries and I can understand that it's sometimes better to drive above the speed limit and adapt to the traffic conditions. That is totally irrelevant to the video since that isn't exactly driving with traffic! Gimme a break!

5) Quite recently I had a lady not look and pull out in front of me, sending me flying. There was no escape route I could have taken so damn, you are putting your life in the hands of the other drivers on that road so many times and I know first hand that there are crappy drivers out there and you can't control what happens. You must be a smart guy if your a Doctor, so you must know the probability of you getting seriously hurt or killed is very high.

6)I think one of the reasons why you drive the way you do is undoubtedly peer pressure. You don't want to look like a pansy when all the other riders are rippin it around traffic. Given that, I think that's why you won't likely stop. It's a collective mentality, not just your own.

7)I wish you luck on staying safe, cause your gonna need it!