F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

another short F4i 5 min vid

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 06:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: another short F4i 5 min vid

hey guys we are talking and discussing here. Why do most of u need to insult to try and proof a point?!?

bad fish... comparisons between countries are done on a measure of number of cars on road and number of deaths permile of road to account for the 2 most important variants - road length andvehicle population. Malta has one of the highest car populations in the world. for e.g.we are an average family of 4 and have 6 cars and 2 bikes. Mean car population here is more than 1 for every adult (we boast the highest number of ferraris per unit population in the world - probably cos we can get them cheaper from our neighbour italy). Statistics are those, im not faking any figures just the truth.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:05 AM

To play the devil's advocate here (and I am in no way condoning this type of riding) I beleave that you have to take into consideration of where this rider is from. I live in Europe now and I have been traveling around Europe since I was a baby and I can tell you that the way people drive (let alone ride) here is completely different from the States. The driving style in Europe is more aggressive and most of the time dangerous, especially in the Mediterrainian region. I had a friend who visited Sicily and was driving there in a rental car and if the driver behind him thought he was going to slow they would nudge his car to let him know to speed up. In Germany you have people swing their cars between two other cars with only six inches to spare front and back doing 100 mph on the autobahn, and that is normal. Motorcycle riders over here have to be aggressive because it is safer for to be in front of a car than behind. If you guys want to bash this guy's riding that is fine, but don't assume that the cagers are bumping and hitting bikes because of the way bikes are riden, it is because that is how they do things over here regardless of how you as an individual drive. Oh, and by the way most countries over here make it legal for cars to share the same lane as a bike, so if you do ride over here don't be surprised to have cager slide up butt check to butt check close to you. Still that is some horrible dangerous riding.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: BillytheKid

bad fish... comparisons between countries are done on a measure of number of cars on road and number of deaths permile of road to account for the 2 most important variants - road length andvehicle population. Malta has one of the highest car populations in the world. for e.g.we are an average family of 4 and have 6 cars and 2 bikes. Mean car population here is more than 1 for every adult (we boast the highest number of ferraris per unit population in the world - probably cos we can get them cheaper from our neighbour italy). Statistics are those, im not faking any figures just the truth.
whatever, I'm not going to argue statistics with you.

Stop trying to change the subject. The statistics are irrelevant. It does NOT justify you driving recklessly. The fact at hand is that you and your riding group are reckless. That's the TRUTH! You apparently have no intent or desire to change that. I hope you enjoy more funerals.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:23 PM

I APPRECIATE THE VID. EVEN THOUGH YOUR TAKING ALOT OF HEAT FOR POSTING IT.ANYWAY ON ANOTHER NOTE JUST BE CAREFUL AND BE A LITTLE BIT MORE CAUTIOUS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THERE NEXT REACTION IS GOING TO BE.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i live in LBC...everyone around me smokes crack...so i should too...

i live in new york, everyone around me drives like crap...so i should too...

i am a lemming...since all my friends have walked off a cliff i will too...

i'm sure riding with other reckless drivers/riders greatly diminishes your moral responsibility...but it's still on excuse because in the end, you have free will...and with it you chose to drive recklessly.

regardless of country, reckless driving is reckless driving.

as a doctor with so much studying involved, you should know better and make better decisions...and know that you aren't invincible...or should you be able to help yourself in case of an accident at those speeds. i've yet seen a doctor or anyone for that matter, give him/herself CPR.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

Tahoe kinda what you just said is right though, When in Rome.......................... Living in N.Y. and driving in other parts of the country you have to adapt to other regional driving styles. With that said the video was a little on the brain damaged side but I think some of you are taking it personal that he rides like ****. You guys aren't gonna reverse his way of thinking especialy since it has kept him alive ................so far. The way I drive in the city isn't the same wayI drive at home on the Island. And both of those styles differ when I go visit my parents in FL. I've probably driven in close to twenty other states and I'd have to say when I rode In Philly PAlast year with a couple of friends I thought I was going to be buried there. That's when you settle down and go with flow.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 04-06-2007, 10:13 PM

This guy hit the nail on the head. Here in Malta and much worse in Sicily driving is that way.... driving slowly or abiding by the rules "at times" puts you in more danger than anything else. If in Malta you even dare to stick to the speed limit, the car from behind you will tail gate at less than a metre away from your rear tyre.

Both videos are posted on my hi5 profile. I know there are maltese police officers watching those videos and couldnt care less cos i know they wont take any action. They know that is the way we drive and it is not just a group of us, its all of us. I fully understand that it is difficult to understand my point here cos u drive in a more respectful way. I remember once in switzerland i was going to crossthe road from a zebra crossing and as soon as i stepped the road, the cars actually stopped to let me pass. I was like " are you kidding me???" the car stopped to let me pass???? as if that would ever happen in malta or italy not even if i was pushing a baby pram. You call it reckless driving, I see nothing wrong in it and when i showed the vid to other non bikers, they said, nice vid and joyful ride - it never trespassed their minds to say "omg u r crazy" cos its something rooted in us. Go and understand that!

ORIGINAL: 06CBRFrostbite

To play the devil's advocate here (and I am in no way condoning this type of riding) I beleave that you have to take into consideration of where this rider is from. I live in Europe now and I have been traveling around Europe since I was a baby and I can tell you that the way people drive (let alone ride) here is completely different from the States. The driving style in Europe is more aggressive and most of the time dangerous, especially in the Mediterrainian region. I had a friend who visited Sicily and was driving there in a rental car and if the driver behind him thought he was going to slow they would nudge his car to let him know to speed up. In Germany you have people swing their cars between two other cars with only six inches to spare front and back doing 100 mph on the autobahn, and that is normal. Motorcycle riders over here have to be aggressive because it is safer for to be in front of a car than behind. If you guys want to bash this guy's riding that is fine, but don't assume that the cagers are bumping and hitting bikes because of the way bikes are riden, it is because that is how they do things over here regardless of how you as an individual drive. Oh, and by the way most countries over here make it legal for cars to share the same lane as a bike, so if you do ride over here don't be surprised to have cager slide up butt check to butt check close to you. Still that is some horrible dangerous riding.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:27 PM

ORIGINAL: BillytheKid

This guy hit the nail on the head. Here in Malta and much worse in Sicily driving is that way.... driving slowly or abiding by the rules "at times" puts you in more danger than anything else. If in Malta you even dare to stick to the speed limit, the car from behind you will tail gate at less than a metre away from your rear tyre.

Both videos are posted on my hi5 profile. I know there are maltese police officers watching those videos and couldnt care less cos i know they wont take any action. They know that is the way we drive and it is not just a group of us, its all of us. I fully understand that it is difficult to understand my point here cos u drive in a more respectful way. I remember once in switzerland i was going to crossthe road from a zebra crossing and as soon as i stepped the road, the cars actually stopped to let me pass. I was like " are you kidding me???" the car stopped to let me pass???? as if that would ever happen in malta or italy not even if i was pushing a baby pram. You call it reckless driving, I see nothing wrong in it and when i showed the vid to other non bikers, they said, nice vid and joyful ride - it never trespassed their minds to say "omg u r crazy" cos its something rooted in us. Go and understand that!
Apparently, you've been listening to your own bullsh!t enough that you actually believe it and use it to justify your reckless behavior. Just remember that Darwin was right.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:54 PM

geez theres alot of ****** on this forum. haha just kidding just a bunch of uptight old men who never break the laws....

Quick Reply: another short F4i 5 min vid