Old 04-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: another short F4i 5 min vid

Deleted Cuz i'm retarded

Old 04-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't agree with the approach but I think their heart's in the right place. I don't think it's mean spirited to try and save you from yourself. It's difficult to change old habits and even more so when you've conditioned yourself into thinking it doesn't need to be changed. I agree that some adapting needs to be done but the definition of "some" is debatable and the vid shows different than what I would consider "some" adapting. Having driven in many countries I can see your point but at the same time it doesn't make it right ... in many parts of the mid east crazy driving is acceptable but take a look at the condition of the cars and the number of dings, dents, etc.. and you come to the conclusion 2 wrongs don't make a right. Whatever you take from all this, like others, I hope maybe you can try adjusting your style a bit so hopefully you don't take out any innocent bystanders.

Stop being a candy *** abad and tell the guy what you really think .. haha

Old 04-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Retired Moderator

I find myself wondering how we would ride if we lived in a country that is full ofalpha male aggresiveness. I watch this video and say Holy $hit! The thing is, and I am not saying Billy is correct, but we have to consider the mental state of his country (concerning road rules). Many other countries, I've been in a couple, are insane to us (in the good Ol' U.S. of A.), but normal to them. I don't know what to think when I consider that fact. I can also understand that safe is safe, no matter where you live.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:40 AM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I find myself wondering how we would ride if we lived in a country that is full ofalpha male aggresiveness.
the answer to that question is simple - you either abide to that style of riding or else you can well wuit riding. In malta, there is a saying that goes by "the worst thing that can ever happen to you is not having enough power on your rear wheel to get out of potentailly dangerous situation" As i said, u call it reckless, but beleive me, that is the driving we have been accustomed to seeing when i was a kid, when i first learnt to drive a car or bike, when i rode with my parent or relatives andwhen i had my first riding group.

Abadfish... I dont know why i seek to make u understand this thing, cos it is a cultural difference. For e.g. Usa has the death penalty which in Malta would be inconceivable to think of, but still i make an allowanceto a cultural difference which can accept that a state takes a person's life in her hands

Old 04-07-2007, 03:59 AM

it wont even let me watch the damn video so i cant know wtf ur all talking about. [sm=boosign.gif]

Old 04-07-2007, 12:11 PM

Hey as a new rider, but a fan of speed i must say this. You dont have to ride fast to get killed on a bike. You really can get hit doing 40 mph and still die. I mean really guys there is a line of responsibility each of us crosses when we get on our bikes everyday. A risk factor we take. I dont know about you guys but i didnt buy my 02 F4i to go the speed limit. You dont buy something capable of doing 145mph to go 55 - 70 mph. You will test your breaking point on the bike. You dont buy a Ferrari to drive around at 55 mph. You buy it for speed. Even the Harley dudes i know test there bikes daily, and these guys are professionals in there late 40s early 50s. So lets not call each other names. Lets take a reality check. You bought a sportbike for a reason. You have probably at one point done some stupid stuff on that said bike. Every one has there own responsibility of there life in their own hand. So its just like an opinion, you dont have to agree with it, but you still have a right to your own.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: slimgottabike369

Hey as a new rider,
Your response and general attitude toward riding is very typical of a new rider.

You dont have to ride fast to get killed on a bike.
Have you been reading this thread????? That's not the point that many of are trying to make here.

I mean really guys there is a line of responsibility each of us crosses when we get on our bikes everyday.
That's a total crock!!! There is no reason one can ride fast and still ride responsibly and not endanger others.

A risk factor we take.
Yes, we all take a risk. Why increase the risk by riding recklessly.

I dont know about you guys but i didnt buy my 02 F4i to go the speed limit. You dont buy something capable of doing 145mph to go 55 - 70 mph.
Again, that wasn't the point here.

You will test your breaking point on the bike.
Agreed. Are public roads and residential areas the proper place to do that???????? Thats what tracks are for.

Lets take a reality check.
I already suggested that in one of my earlier posts. I suggest you take one.

Every one has there own responsibility of there life in their own hand.
Agreed. But when you ride recklessly on public roads, its not just your own life. Again, your attitude is typical of a new rider who doesn't realize that the road is shared. Its not just about you. Let's see if you feel different when someone you know and care about gets taken out by someone who rides recklessly crossing the double yellow line and can't keep their ego in check.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: slimgottabike369

Hey as a new rider, but a fan of speed i must say this. You dont have to ride fast to get killed on a bike. You really can get hit doing 40 mph and still die.
http://www.timesofmalta.com/core/art...mp;hilite=dies

case in point. This newbie rider had got his R6 2 weeks before. He was turning a very slow curve when the bike stopped cos he was undergeared. The bike comes to a halt. He switches on the bike on first gear with probably some throttle down the pipe and the bike launches him into a tree which was at most 15 m away and breaks his neck. Speed increases your chance of dying but it is the dyanmics of the crash which play the biggest role.

I'm sorry abadfish u r playing a bit too much the big daddy of the situation here. As slim said, what's the point of having a performance bike if you have to drive at 30mph behind a car to reach your favourite spot.Could have well got a scooter.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: BillytheKid

I'm sorry abadfish u r playing a bit too much the big daddy of the situation here. As slim said, what's the point of having a performance bike if you have to drive at 30mph behind a car to reach your favourite spot.Could have well got a scooter.
Slim shares the same narrow-minded and selfish (arrogant??) perspective is as you. Of course, you're going to agree with him.

Its apparent that you aren't going to get it. Its not about the speed. It was never about the speed. I only hope you don't take others out while you ride with reckless abandon.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:02 PM

alright badfish. you obviously cannot have a conversation without insulting people. How about this. We narrow minded speed demons will do what we do. You do what u do with ur bike. Stay the hell out of our way then. Since im so narrow minded. Me myself I went to war and came back safe. So I know tommorrow isnt promised. I will live my life like that. Dont really care what you think or how you think. Great thing about this country is that i can do and think what i want as you can do the same. Have a nice day dude.

Quick Reply: another short F4i 5 min vid