0%
Image 2
0%
Image 3
100.00%
I don't care
0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

98 CBR F3 Project Bike (SSSA, Car Rim, R1 Tail, F4i front)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 07:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like the last one also, but I think you should paint the front wheel/calipers to match the rear (white/gold). Im a fan of symmetry!
-I also am uncertain about mixing yamaha/honda and f3/r1 logos. i do and dont like like it at the same time..

Last edited by Will.Bass; 04-18-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:24 AM

do you already have that cowling between the seat and tank fabbed up? if so, is it actually blended into the tank the way it looks in the pic?

Old 04-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Official Junior Possum Member

I really like the first design you have up out of the 3. The lines seem to accent better to me when it's going with the gas tank, and not just straight up through it. And the blue along the edge looks good too. All of your designs look good mate, great work on the bike. I'm extremely jealous of your skills.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Will.Bass
do you already have that cowling between the seat and tank fabbed up? if so, is it actually blended into the tank the way it looks in the pic?
Thats my job tonight, is to make the insert on both sides. I just finished putting the glitter flake on the tail fairing i had to repair. Need some clearcoat. While im doing that, I will be making the wire frame for the insert. Im sure it will be quite a bit different than what i have photoshopped, but im sure i can get it pretty close.

I have a mapp gas burner and that makes bending the wire pretty easy. just have to take my time. By sunday I should have both sides done.

I had to make a seat mod yesterday. The problem with the construction of the tail for me was that in order to get to the battery, I had to take everything apart. Exhaust had to come off, and blah blah. Anyhow, talked with a buddy and we came up with a pretty novel idea. I will take some pics tonight and post them. Have not tried it with the rear faring on, so for all i know it wont work the way i have envisioned.

I'm almost sold on the second last design with the project name on the diagonal to the bike. I asked my wife, don't ask me why, but she liked the first one, which i've grown past. said it was minimal, more my style. but the bike is like my alt persona in a strange way. May revisit the design and try a couple other things.

Thanks for the compliments! The shame is that i'll probably strip the bike down next year and re-paint properly. Want to do some crazy **** to the front fairing.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Will.Bass
i like the last one also, but I think you should paint the front wheel/calipers to match the rear (white/gold). Im a fan of symmetry!
-I also am uncertain about mixing yamaha/honda and f3/r1 logos. i do and dont like like it at the same time..
Normally I do too, but in this instance, I like the contrast. I also like the blue on the black. I will likely paint my calliper this weekend. Will see. I think i will ditch the yamaha logo. your right about mixing it. I was just playing around with looks.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:55 AM

Ok, this is what I think im gonna go with. Need to grab the vinyl and start working on the decal sizes and such.

The tail, i'll wrap the R1 exhaust cover (the outside of this cover does not get hot) and leave my frame the aluminium color it is. The problem with this design is the sator cover will eat up some of the text on the left side. but those are the breaks i guess.

Last edited by nvanvlymen; 05-09-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Default Whoa

That looks so sick my man!

Old 04-26-2012, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by WildTay
That looks so sick my man!
thanks!

will wait and see how it all turns out. I have to start taking measurements this weekend so i know how much of everything to buy, and how big certainly designs should be without looking ugly. Still need to get around to making the side panels too. better hurry or the weather is going to be here before i know it.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Default Question

I have a 98 Honda 600cbr F3. Will an F4 seat fit on an F3?

Old 05-14-2012, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lowrider419
I have a 98 Honda 600cbr F3. Will an F4 seat fit on an F3?
Good question. I'm not sure, but likely not. The f4/f4i used a different rear frame and you would need to mod the back of your f3 to handle that. After taking a look at the F4, the answer would be no. The Seat is obviously much different from the single seat the f3 used. You would need to do some modifications to the frame to handle that. Other members may be able to give you a better idea on that question.

Quick Reply: 98 CBR F3 Project Bike (SSSA, Car Rim, R1 Tail, F4i front)