CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 04:05 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wilbers shock finally in the country !!! Should have it by Friday for a weekend install !!!

Old 07-16-2013, 05:24 PM

got a few things accomplished today.

Put the new #42 pilot jets in, the tip of the #4 jet needle broke while I was trying to remove the clip to reposition it so now I've got to get a new set.

It still runs pretty good like it is but they could all be replaced.

Half *** synced my carbs, don't have the money for a motionpro setup so I went to oreilly's and got a vacuum gauge for $26.

Took a little longer as I have to jump from carb to carb but she's running smother so I call that a win.

Finally I drilled a 7/64th size hole in my hand, bit broke and proceeded into my hand so that was fun, and then I sprayed carb cleaner into my eye.

Needless to say it's been a busy and eventful day, glad it's over and looking forward to what tomorrow brings

Old 07-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Installed new Li-ion battery. Old battery was reading 12.5 volts at rest but slow cranking and stalling at low RPM. Starts and Runs much better now. You could go back-packing with the new lightweight battery. Best part of Li-ion battery is no winter maintenance, just let her sit.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hillbilly86:

I can understand drilling a hole into your hand, I imagine drilling a pilot and the bit broke and got your hand... But the carbs cleaner?? Forgot to take a look at the tip before spraying??

Old 07-18-2013, 07:30 PM

I was actually drilling out the head of a stripped screw so I could use my extracter bit to remove it when the 7/64th bit broke due to me putting too much pressure on it.

The carb cleaner, I was cleaning out the bowl a little, seen a little junk in a corner, sprayed it and forgot to look away or close my eyes when I did so the spray back got me dead on.

It was a lovely day, but I won't miss it and am not looking forward to more like it haha it's only a matter of time before I get myself again somehow

Old 07-19-2013, 03:52 AM
Banned

Finally got my Wilbers shock today !!!! Will be installing tmrw with a bit of luck !

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-mini-wilbers.jpg  
Old 07-19-2013, 11:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hillbilly86
I was actually drilling out the head of a stripped screw so I could use my extracter bit to remove it when the 7/64th bit broke due to me putting too much pressure on it.

The carb cleaner, I was cleaning out the bowl a little, seen a little junk in a corner, sprayed it and forgot to look away or close my eyes when I did so the spray back got me dead on.

It was a lovely day, but I won't miss it and am not looking forward to more like it haha it's only a matter of time before I get myself again somehow
I can't say I haven't beet there... First time bleeding brakes the hose came off and I got brake fluid in my eyes and mouth... Not cool! I was 11 I think. My dad laughed at me... Lol

Old 07-22-2013, 06:36 PM

Went to pickup my new main jets only to find out that they ordered the wrong ones, got the correct ones ordered which should be in tomorrow, and while at the motorcycle shop I ended up buying a new pair of gloves.

Didn't get what I need but got 1 thing I wanted so it kinda evened out

Old 07-25-2013, 06:34 PM

rerouted some wiring on the front end to clean it up a bit since I removed the headlight, instrument cluster, and bracket to mount up a single 5" round headlight for the streetfighter look.

need to do some cutting to the front fairings so they flow with the bike better but I'm lacking the motivation at the moment, I'll save that for the weekend along with installing the new main jets and the pod air filters on order that should be here saturday

Old 07-25-2013, 09:22 PM
Banned

My older Oxford grips finally gave up so I bought some of the newer ones with the new control box that detects low voltage and switches them off in the case of me leaving them on. I also went for a ride on wednesday and tested the new Wilbers shock out. Suffice ot say it is a great piece of kit. I think I may have to wind the lock collars on the spring down a touch to gain a little more ride height and some more rigidity in the rear end but other than that the action was smooth and I could feel the bike better. The old one had certainly had it's day. I wont get a chance now until next week to play with the shock again but at least it's in now. Cheers.

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-mini-grips.jpg  

Quick Reply: What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?