CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AMSOIL929
Anyway I can get a pick of this? I can not find where my air/fuel screws are....
I'd have to pull the carbs again to get a pic and I really don't feel like having to pull them again at the moment, dead from work. Mine are located about center of each carb towards the front (towards the cylinders). They're very easy to overlook, there's a round metal piece sticking out that they're recessed into. To be completely honest the easiest and best way to get to all 4 and adjust them is to pull the carbs. #3 and #4 I could get to with a small screwdriver no problem, #1 was a pain in the *** but I got it adjusted with the carbs on, but #2 was impossible for me to get to. All the numbering is if you're sitting on the bike looking at the carbs

Old 06-20-2013, 08:32 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Redneck socket for them is a spent .223 casing with a ding on one side - jess sayin

Old 06-20-2013, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock
Redneck socket for them is a spent .223 casing with a ding on one side - jess sayin
That's actually an awesome idea, I hadn't even thought of it. My only issue is I don't own a .223

Old 06-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STILL can't find the damn screws! And my carbs are pulled...

Unrelated: trying to diagnose a bad starter. Pulled it and disassembled it. Cleaned it. Reinstalled. Still getting the same " crank crank whine" scenario. Pulled it again. Bench tested it in my vise with a battery jumper box. Spins well no issues. Reinstalled and tested, same issue. Used the battery jumper to bypass the solenoid, same " crank crank whine" issue. So now I am left with a bunch of what if's....

Starter can't operate under a load.
Alternator is binding keeping it from wanting to crank.
Something wrong with the starter clutch? Which I have NO idea how it operates or what it does but from what I can see in the book it is not something I want to replace!

Please help....

Old 06-21-2013, 12:38 AM

These are carbs from a zx9r, not even the same make but the air/fuel mixture screws are located in the same location, just center of each carb instead of off set a bit. They're on the inside going towards the cylinders. I pulled my carbs twice today adjusting them some more but like an idiot I forgot to take a picture, sorry about that man. I may pull my carbs again tomorrow just for the hell of it so I can snap a pic of them, but I apologize in advance if I forget, gonna have a long day at work so I may not even touch it even though I need to. Hope this helps ya

Old 06-21-2013, 05:34 AM

I washed my CBR1000F. Then I took it for a ride. It runs perfect so I don't want to get in there tinkering around with something that doesn't need any work.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did some research today... Looks like I might need to replace the starter clutch. It there anyway I can diagnos this without having to pull it since in order to pull it I have to disassembel the engine...?

Old 06-23-2013, 12:46 PM

delinked my brakes. Started raining right as I finished up so I've not gotten to ride to make sure everything's in order but it all looks good for now

Old 06-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put the spools back on my 90 as they were used as templates for a set someone
wanted. Put Lucas cleaner through the 90 too - she's cranking now !

Old 06-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Welcome Crew

Got home from work and flushed coolant/replaced w/ some engine ice my buddy dropped off for me. While I was doing that my new jets showed up from carbjetkits.com so I installed them. Went from 40 slows/122mains to 42 slows/130mains and 2 shims per needle. I decided on a re-jet after I pulled my plugs friday to find they were white! This was after a day of particularly sub-par idling...

So while I was in the carbs I discovered some crappy foam filter material in the tops of them. This is weird since I have a Honda paper filter...I cleaned everything out and gave it a little test run, seems to pull a bit scary-er than before! I think the foam was some road trash that got past my filter. No worries, I hosed out the air box and have a new K&N arriving tomorrow or so.

Running a little better every day, who knows I may get her running right one day! At least she's fast

Quick Reply: What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?