CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

So Seb. Where's the photo of your bike .... AFTER you "cleaned and polished" your bike!!!

(You've shown us the before .... where's the AFTER?)

< Re ETA yours - now definite not for at least 2 weeks - will contact directly>

Last edited by Naga_Thai; 09-02-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprock
Good pic there Seb - got to ask - what brand and more so size of the rear tire
on there ?

Honey Mead - now that's just you two Guys teasing the hell out of us ya know !
The tyre Sprock, is a Shinko R009RR Radial, 180/55 ZR17.
I once had a Shinko front delaminate after 5000km on the front of the GTR1000 and swore I'd never fit another. This one came with the CBR1000F and I have to say I do like it. Seems to hang on pretty well, though I've not racked up too many kilometers on it yet. The jury is still out.

And Honey Mead.......................oh yes! If I do have my guest stay overnight, we'll be sure (to be sure) to take some pictures

And, because I can - to get this back on-topic. When Naga was last over he noticed my air intake thingys (technical term #294-1a) that go from the vents in the side covers to the air box had been cut down, and the cover over the battery/tray was missing. I've just visited a wrecker parting out a '95 and bought the missing bits!

Did you like the vent grills on the mid fairing air outlets?

Cheers, SB

Old 09-03-2012, 12:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could not sleep tonight so I finally got around to fitting a set of Buell pegs on the bike. It drops them about an inch and feels a ton better. No more hamstring cramps.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:03 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool Seb - those Shinko Ravens are good I have a set of rims outside with the same
mounted (purchased from Malbo's part out)
They'll be going on the 1993 for next season - can't believe I'm already thinking
next season in my head - a h well hopefully a mild winter will lead to a
"continuing season"

Buell pegs P - great move man - makes a huge difference for me too

Just been out working on my 87 - have to button her up and get her out on the road
again after doing somemore tinkering with the carbs yesterday

Old 09-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The Ravens are a great touring tire. I just had my second set mounted on the 1kF. Got 6,400 mile out of the first set before I hit something that tore the hell out of the rear. Heavy carcass and heavy for sport riding but also good in rain. I still like the Michelin Z6 for S/T but get 1/2 distance as the Ravens.

Originally Posted by pmcg
Could not sleep tonight so I finally got around to fitting a set of Buell pegs on the bike. It drops them about an inch and feels a ton better. No more hamstring cramps.
How do the brake and shift levers fit up now???

Old 09-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The levers feel ok after adjustment. My only complaint is the Buell pegs are not very wide so my entire foot doesn't fit. With the old pegs since they were straight I could use some of the mount. The other issue is that I feel like I now have to turn my foot in towards the bike in order to hit the levers. I'm thinking about trying to make longer mounts that use the stock pegs so my foot isn't pushed out. All in all the inch drop is worth it. Makes a big difference in my legs.

Last edited by pmcg; 09-03-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:06 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got mine on the charger now after leaving my grips on after going to work this morning.........Grips were quite warm when I got on her though.......

Old 09-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear

Cheers, SB
Noticed them straight away Seb.

Simply assumed they were there to stop those scary insects that you guys have in Aus getting sucked up past the motor and chewing your leg off on the way out.

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-19-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: language/profanity
Old 09-04-2012, 07:15 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Originally Posted by Bordo
Got mine on the charger now after leaving my grips on after going to work this morning.........Grips were quite warm when I got on her though.......
My nephew did that on kiwi JK's Gixxer. Had to push it about a mile to get to a servo for a jump start.

"Were your hands warm after that?"

"Oh yes"

"Well, clearly they work very well, even if the battery is flat"

Old 09-05-2012, 01:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
The tyre Sprock, is a Shinko R009RR Radial, 180/55 ZR17.
I once had a Shinko front delaminate after 5000km on the front of the GTR1000 and swore I'd never fit another. This one came with the CBR1000F and I have to say I do like it. Seems to hang on pretty well, though I've not racked up too many kilometers on it yet. The jury is still out.

And Honey Mead.......................oh yes! If I do have my guest stay overnight, we'll be sure (to be sure) to take some pictures

And, because I can - to get this back on-topic. When Naga was last over he noticed my air intake thingys (technical term #294-1a) that go from the vents in the side covers to the air box had been cut down, and the cover over the battery/tray was missing. I've just visited a wrecker parting out a '95 and bought the missing bits!

Cheers, SB

I put black grills on mine Seb. They look great. Took a little mucking around but got there in the end.

Quick Reply: What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?