CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got my fairings painted on the weekend. And wow the paint shop has done a mess up with my flat lacquer. Now my bike isn't flat and shiny but shiny and half shiny. Bummer. That messed up all my design plans. So now I need to figure out something else.
On the bright side I will get compensation.

On the other bright side I took my front sprocket off to see if I need to change that or wtf is going on there. And the bright side is it is not my worst fear but not the best eighter.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/members/m...-431-20036.jpg

My chain started to do weird noises at the end of my last season. Thats why I also putted her to sleep earlier than I could of. I bought a new chain and have been fighting with my self and with my helper about buying new front and rear sprockets too. Why fighting? cause they are 80 euros together ( witch I am short at the moment) and my helper says they are just fine.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/members/m...-434-20037.jpg

Now the old chain isn't worn or anything it just needs to be cleaned. In summer When I opened it I saw that there was a lot of oil and sand mixture all around the front sprocket. My biggest fear was that seal behind the sprocket witch is quite hard to get around here. So that is perfectly okay. Oil has leaked from one of the motor bolts. Just like on the other side of her.
And cause of that oil plus sandy road (Around 500 meters from my house to asphalt) I need to get my old chain to get cleaned in summer.

It looked quite awful.

Heres my sprocket

https://cbrforum.com/forum/members/m...mapm-20038.jpg

And this is the option I am considering to buy

Eturatas JT / 24mx.fi

Opinions?

Last edited by Missynet; 03-25-2013 at 11:18 PM. Reason: added pictures
Old 03-25-2013, 07:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Continuing my build: connected the chain. Fixed two oil leaks coming from the oil cooler lines behind the headers ( one still leaks). Wires in and mounted my new tail light. I need to adjust my carbs but don't know where to start...

Old 03-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Made ready & soldered up a stick coil harness to be sent with the stick
coils and grommets par avion Friday

Old 03-30-2013, 10:36 PM

I located a engine off a 1993 cbr 1000f for 300 usd with only 8,000 miles. Took my engine out because the tranny was bad, and now have the engine installed. It is so smooth it's like a fine art.

Also installed a new jet kit with massive jets because I run just a header. The response is unreal. Rpms with kick up so fast.

I also replaced the clutch springs that came with my race clutch with the factory springs. They were longer and alow more pressure and the clutch grabs immediately.

Lastly got some clutch sexy adjustable levers.

All done in less than a week. Had a small fight with that motherloving alternator, but all is well.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:36 PM
July 2014 ROTM
Question minor tweak

Hi,

nothing too exciting but fitted new mirrors yesterday then a good old clean and ride.

Anyone interested in some used and slightly tatty mirrors? Postage cost only to CBRForum members

Rich

Old 04-02-2013, 12:09 PM

Detailed, tuned and oil/filter changes to the fleet,79 CB750,93CBR900RR and the 94 1000F.
The cane got new EBC HH brake pads front and rear as well as a new RK chain and sprockets. Polished up the fork sliders and repainted the center stand so 59,000 miles of stone chips are gone. So ready for the season. No big distance ride on the calendar so far but open for one if it comes up. Keep Midohio and Barber in mind guys.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Missynet

https://cbrforum.com/forum/members/m...-431-20036.jpg

My chain started to do weird noises at the end of my last season. Thats why I also putted her to sleep earlier than I could of. I bought a new chain and have been fighting with my self and with my helper about buying new front and rear sprockets too. Why fighting? cause they are 80 euros together ( witch I am short at the moment) and my helper says they are just fine.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/members/m...-434-20037.jpg

Now the old chain isn't worn or anything it just needs to be cleaned. In summer When I opened it I saw that there was a lot of oil and sand mixture all around the front sprocket. My biggest fear was that seal behind the sprocket witch is quite hard to get around here. So that is perfectly okay. Oil has leaked from one of the motor bolts. Just like on the other side of her.
And cause of that oil plus sandy road (Around 500 meters from my house to asphalt) I need to get my old chain to get cleaned in summer.

It looked quite awful.

Heres my sprocket

https://cbrforum.com/forum/members/m...mapm-20038.jpg

And this is the option I am considering to buy

Eturatas JT / 24mx.fi

Opinions?
Not sure if anyone replied to you or not but changing out the front sprocket would not be a bad idea. It is showing a considerable amount of wear.

To help with cost, find someone you trust on the forum who live in the states and have parts shipped to them. Then PayPal your buddy the money to have it shipped to you. I used to own an H1 Hummer and I got to chatting with a guy from Canada about the rear brake calipers. We both needed a new one they were $550 per. He found someone on eBay selling re-mand versions for $165 free shipping. But they didn't ship internationally. So he asked if he could ship it to me. We worked out the details and 3 days later it arrived. When I took it to the post office they quoted me $45 for shipping to his address. As soon as the money hit my PayPal I shipped it off. Saved him over $300.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by AMSOIL929
Not sure if anyone replied to you or not but changing out the front sprocket would not be a bad idea. It is showing a considerable amount of wear.

To help with cost, find someone you trust on the forum who live in the states and have parts shipped to them. Then PayPal your buddy the money to have it shipped to you. I used to own an H1 Hummer and I got to chatting with a guy from Canada about the rear brake calipers. We both needed a new one they were $550 per. He found someone on eBay selling re-mand versions for $165 free shipping. But they didn't ship internationally. So he asked if he could ship it to me. We worked out the details and 3 days later it arrived. When I took it to the post office they quoted me $45 for shipping to his address. As soon as the money hit my PayPal I shipped it off. Saved him over $300.
Yea I have used that here few times But Since I had little time I made some heavy internet browsing. Thanks for taking time and responding.

Since weather is gaining up here I am hurrying to get her ready in remaining week and a half. 1 of may is the grand opening here
I managed to get cheaper front sprocket from ebay. Arrived last friday. And I also cleaned the front sprockets cabin, friend of mine helped me place it and a new chain (will change also the rear sprocket in few months, tough it looks better than front one).

Also Fitted new lights, well hello, I start to hate shops systems.
There is a local big brand shop here. I got the led lights for xmas present. Now it is said behind the package that I should also purchase a resistance made for these lights. Written a part number, description and all. And yesterday I went to the shop, found the part. Everything was right, apart that they have heavily messed up resistance piece with relay. Will do some internet search today to see if I can find one quickly or I need to turn to my coworker (electrician) and figure out something with him.

I also received my last fairings from my neighbor who paints cars. Yay me.

Now In painting part I am gonna take 8 hours on this Saturday to make my finishing touches.

Anyhow, So I placed the tank and fixed cold start cable with the help of Internet. Worked fine. I also placed front half of the fairings.

And the time of truth. She lives!!! Purrs like a big cat. I was almost in tears (On drugs apparently lol)

It fired up beautifully with old cooling, oil and petrol. Gonna change all them to new ones next week.

So I will be on roads soon.

Odd to think that last year same time I already had 700 km on her.
At the moment.. plus degrees on day, up to -17 at nights. Promises to go warm next week.

Busy busy. Happy to finally getting something back from my hard work on it.

soon

Old 04-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Default Extended the mirrors on my CBR1000f-j

Hi Folks

Very productive day, extended the mirrors on my Gen 1 CBR1000f-j today, put it in the 'How to' section, bit Heath Robinson, but it worked

Couple of photos below.

Cheers, Steve

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-after.jpg   What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-100_0882.jpg   What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-100_0880.jpg  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by steve.zodiac
Hi Folks

Very productive day, extended the mirrors on my Gen 1 CBR1000f-j today, put it in the 'How to' section, bit Heath Robinson, but it worked

Couple of photos below.

Cheers, Steve
That looks good to me (Y)

Quick Reply: What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?