Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

2nd gear stand ups

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2nd gear stand ups

so whats the point of the stuntex pickup? if the pickup is already in the back then why do people waste their money on it?

not saying your wrong, just trying to figure out why they make a pickup you dont really need.

Old 06-26-2006, 04:15 PM

i have a -1 on my bike that the prior owner put on. i want to go back to the stock becuase i have no intrest in doing wheelies so if some one would like to trade give me a pm. i have no idea how many miles are on it.

Old 06-26-2006, 06:38 PM

ORIGINAL: stuntn_r6

so whats the point of the stuntex pickup? if the pickup is already in the back then why do people waste their money on it?

not saying your wrong, just trying to figure out why they make a pickup you dont really need.
the item from stuntex is an oil pick up that it extended. there is no relocation of the actual pick up involved. it just extends the acutal pick up to feed more oil from the bottom back corner of the pan. if you are looking into buying this, i would highly recommend it before adding more oil to your bike

Old 06-27-2006, 10:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Mike_Stunts

ORIGINAL: stuntn_r6

the item from stuntex is an oil pick up that it extended. there is no relocation of the actual pick up involved. it just extends the acutal pick up to feed more oil from the bottom back corner of the pan. if you are looking into buying this, i would highly recommend it before adding more oil to your bike
this is right from stuntex.com

These high quality CNC machined aluminum pickups greatly reduce engine problems due to oil starvation. This pickup has been designed to pickup oil from the rear of the oil pan instead of the front as the stock pickup does. This pickup prevents air from getting into the oil system (oil starvation) during wheelies and greatly improves oil pressure when on the bar and during wheelies (fast or slow) giving a smoother power delivery. This modification is intended for use in stuntbikes only.

Installation
Remove your oil pan.
Take off your existing pickup.
Install the metal ring tab.
Put your pickup back on but spin it 180 degrees. Make sure you reuse your old seal, or get a new one.
Bend the tab to keep the pickup from turning.
Install the metal gasket ring. This creates a oil build up in the pan where the pickup is.
Put your oil pan back on and start scraping

Honda Oil Pickup
oilpickup-hondRegular price: US$99.95Sale price: US$84.99

I haven't had my pan off, but it looks like the pickup is in the front. No offense to you or anything, but I want to get the correct information. I'll also look in my service manual and see what it says. I may be getting the stuntex oil pickup in a month or so, but I'll have to see what else I decide to spend my money on LOL

Peace Out

-Jesse-

Old 06-27-2006, 10:46 AM

not that i'm anywhere near attempting this stunt. From what i gather you cruise along in 2nd gear about 7k and slip the clutch in and rev to 13k and letout?

Old 06-27-2006, 11:18 AM

not trying to be a dick, but its not that precise of a maneuver...

if you go out and do exactly what you just said, it probably wont work for you...everybody is different, you just gotta find what works for you...it comes down to, get rolling, pull in the clutch, rev it up and dump it...if your rpms are high enough and you have enough throttle the wheel is coming off the ground....if not, keep working on it...

Old 06-28-2006, 10:30 PM

Put my -1 sprocket on today, feels a little stronger but haven't gotten a chance to really mess with it. Tried a couple second gear clutch ups with it only coming up about 6 - 12". Once again I just need to work on the technique I think. Most of you guys say you use one or two fingers when slipping the clutch... for me that is really uncomfortable so I just clutch it like I normally use the clutch. It hasn't appeared that I'm jerking the bars around when the front comes up (what I was told would happen if I used all 4 fingers). I'll report back once I've gotten a chance to mess around some more.

Those of you with -1's do you know what the error ratio is in the speedo?

Old 06-28-2006, 11:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Spike

Put my -1 sprocket on today, feels a little stronger but haven't gotten a chance to really mess with it. Tried a couple second gear clutch ups with it only coming up about 6 - 12". Once again I just need to work on the technique I think. Most of you guys say you use one or two fingers when slipping the clutch... for me that is really uncomfortable so I just clutch it like I normally use the clutch. It hasn't appeared that I'm jerking the bars around when the front comes up (what I was told would happen if I used all 4 fingers). I'll report back once I've gotten a chance to mess around some more.

Those of you with -1's do you know what the error ratio is in the speedo?

I think someone said above that its about 13%. I ride between 68-72 when going down the highway and haven't had any problems. I also followed my buddy the other day and he was going 62 and my speedo said 72. I just ride about 5-10 mph over so if its a 25 mph limit I ride between 30-35 mph. I need a damn speedo healer though cause it gets kinda old.

About your clutch ups, I had the same feeling. I could only get the front up 8-12" until one day it just went right. Once you get the feel for it you'll be alright. I would say to practice sitting down and clutching it up before you try to stand up and do it, just my .02. Roll the bike up to 50 mph or so and pull the clutch in and rev it and let it out, it will come right up. Try to do that in one consistant movement. If it doesn't go slow down and try it again. Be patient it will come up for you.

Peace Out

-Jesse-

Old 06-29-2006, 07:37 AM

Got it to come up in second finally, it was pretty smooth but I'm not used to doing it at 50-60 MPH (about how fast I was going when the wheel was totally up). I rotated my throttle hand forward on the grip so when I twisted I got more gas than a normal riding position. First gear power wheelies are WAY easy now. Before I had to go about 35, cut, whack and up she came but now I can start down closer to 20 mph, cut, whack and I'm off! Though with the power wheelie you gain speed REALLY quickly... I like how with the clutch it just comes up and I have a little time to mess with it.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Spike

Got it to come up in second finally, it was pretty smooth but I'm not used to doing it at 50-60 MPH (about how fast I was going when the wheel was totally up). I rotated my throttle hand forward on the grip so when I twisted I got more gas than a normal riding position. First gear power wheelies are WAY easy now. Before I had to go about 35, cut, whack and up she came but now I can start down closer to 20 mph, cut, whack and I'm off! Though with the power wheelie you gain speed REALLY quickly... I like how with the clutch it just comes up and I have a little time to mess with it.

Good, I'm glad you got it. The first gear power wheelies seem to go really fast because your not getting them up high enough. No offense, but that why you are going through the gear so quick. Just keep practicing and you will keep getting them higher and higher. After I started doing standups my sitdowns are alot higher. If I look straight ahead when doing a sit down wheelie all I can see is my tripple clamp LOL I have to lean over to one side to see where I'm going. I like the standups better now so I can see, but sitdowns are still cool and they impress the little kids LOL Just keep practicing and be safe and wear your gear

Peace Out

-Jesse-

Quick Reply: 2nd gear stand ups