Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

2nd gear stand ups

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2nd gear stand ups

ORIGINAL: lifties

Here is a video I copied from another thread:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...6&q=motorcycle
Thanks!

Old 06-17-2006, 10:45 PM

I have been tryin to do stand-ups for a couple days and can only get it up a few inches...and it scares the **** out of me, I feel like I have no control... and im 6'2" so that doesnt help...but I will keep practicing and if anyone has some tips for me let me know. thanks

Old 06-18-2006, 01:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Black

Tonight what was working for me in 2nd was around 55, clutch into the almost the limiter (about 14) then easing off the clutch. I still havent been able to ride on the bp, but I think if I get to lettin the clutch out sooner will go a long way. **** is fun though. btw when I got back, the bike was idling low, then when I came to a full stop in the garage it died. The oil light came on. Do I need to add any parts or just throw some extra oil in there?

Sounds like you have a problem, but I don't think its got anything to do with your wheelies. I have almost 8500 miles on my bike and the last 3500 have had plenty of wheelies. Did it ever do the oil light thing or anything else before you started doing wheelies? My oil light has never come on and the bike has never idled low or killed after doing them. I would like to think my wheelies are pretty high, they ride at the same rpm and I usually get tired and have to set it down before I run out of gear. I think I need to start working out LOL, those standups are killing my arms right now. Hopefully soon we will be making a short vid and then I can see how they look. I hope yu get your bike figured out, have you checked the oil level lately? I've never heard of that before, but I hope it figure it out soon.

-Jesse-

Old 06-18-2006, 09:30 AM

i am also 6'2' and i think it is different for us tall guys.i just learned friday me being 6'2' i feel better not leaning back and just standing straight up,the tank will come and rest right against my crotch and i can ride em like that... but turnin20s leans back so i guess it is up to you what way you want to do it.. like turnin20s said (the only guy thats man enough to ride with me all the time) we have just recently learned stand ups and at first all we could do was get it a couple of inches off the ground. then we were like screw that !!! but then all of a sudden he goes flying by me front wheel in the air standin up hanging off the right side of the bike trying to turn a little to the right... so i guess you just keep going untill you say screw it and jump it all the way up... anyways the way we do it is go in second(f4i's geared -1 in the front) untill the power band and then stand up and bounce down, when the bike comes back up give it SOME throttle(this is what nobody ever says and what makes it so scary) i always wondered what it felt like once you got it up there , it aint that bad ,you would think the bike would move alot and feel unstable but it really dont that much, it just moves front and back for me, front aint no big deal. but it will scare the hell out of you when it goes back so just cover the rear brake , i cover the rear brake and have not had to use it yet. just had to let off the throttle. but have had a few scares so be ready for that .....now when I get it up there i just pay attention to the dips in the road and try to keep the bike right there. we are not the kings of wheelies by no means but we are probably the best for where we live. we just practice alot(and by alot i mean 70miles of just straight wheelies,everytime we ride) nothing comes overnight .. but if your gonna do it, do it right and be semi-safe , there is no REAL safe way to do it .i am sick of everybody saying that its dumb and not safe and your gonna kill your self blah blah blah ... you could die anytime doing anything, i would rather be on the bike doing something i love.... you know! ...... but it looks cool as hell ,i am going to try to get out and shoot some video of the clutch wheelies in first , clutch one handed wheelies and some sit downs in second, along with the stand ups of course, today if we go out and practice. i will try to get the videos up quick. good luck and dont wreck!!! so when you guys get stand ups down go impress some chicks.... by the way we always wear our gear when doing any wheelies , helmet, jacket,gloves.jean pants not shorts or windbreakers ... shoes not sandels !!!!! like my dad always said "take her ez and if shes ez take her twice" peace
Ben

Old 06-18-2006, 03:56 PM

Thanks alot Ben.. I appreciate the advice, my gearing is -1 +2 and I was trying to clutch it up but Im gonna try bouncing it up today.

Old 06-18-2006, 11:15 PM

ORIGINAL: ride_002000

Thanks alot Ben.. I appreciate the advice, my gearing is -1 +2 and I was trying to clutch it up but Im gonna try bouncing it up today.
Yeah f**k clutching standups, I clutch my 2nd gear sitdowns all the time now. Today I was messing around when we were shooting some clips and I can powerup 3rd gear standups by bouncing it and I'm -1 up front. I just rolled 3rd gear up to about 70-75 back off the throttle and get right back in it and pull back hard. I was riding it at 108 for a long time it felt like, I did it twice but like 2nd gear better but I had to try it in 3rd. Just keep practicing, twistatech stands straight up and hes 6'2" and I'm 5'10" and I lean back just do what feels good to you and keep it safe. Hopefully he'll get the vid done soon so I can see it, but hopefully it will help some of you guys out.

-Jesse-

Old 06-18-2006, 11:59 PM

I'm getting a -1 front sprocket in the next couple days, hopefully it will allow me to "get it up" a little easier LOL

Old 06-19-2006, 02:40 AM

I think your wrong twista. There is a right way to riding freeway wheelies and you have to lean back. If your tank is touching you, your way to close to the bike. Always have your arms and legs locked thats how me and everyone i watch do them does it. Pushin down kinda with your legs and pulling on the bars. Thats the only way your going to stay smooth and ride a consistent nice looking wheelies. You guys that arent to the bp yet you just have to practice and day after day you will get higher and more confidence, anyone can do a wheelie you just have to grow the ***** to get it up there. just dont chase a wheelie with the throttle to try and ride it longer thats the easiest way to loop a wheelie. Just keep working on your launches

Old 06-20-2006, 11:08 PM

yo my camera is screwed up. youll just have to wait till i get the video up and we will see....

Old 06-21-2006, 05:08 PM

I can't get it to come up in second gear more than an inch or two, maybe I'm just being a ***** and not getting high enough up in the powerband. I tried a couple first gear stand ups doing power wheelies, I like how it feels when it comes up, like I'm in more control than when I'm sitting down. I just gotta practice, I'm trying to just mess around with it and not make getting it done a priority (learning to get them up high and ride them). I feel if I just mess around with it a little bit each day, eventually I'll get better and hopefully won't rush in and wreck.

Quick Reply: 2nd gear stand ups