Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

2nd gear stand ups

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 02:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2nd gear stand ups

ORIGINAL: Turnin20s

Just wanted to chime in and say that I finally got the ***** to start doing stand-ups, I don't know why it took me so long but I'm lovin it LOL. I can ride them in 2nd gear alot longer than my sit-downs. I bounce it up instead of clutching it. Just blip the throttle and pull back, I usually start at about 40-50mph and pull it up without any problems, no clutch. I do have one question, if your doing long wheelies is there anything that should be done to the bike? Someone told me that I should add an extra quart of oil, but thats doesn't sound like it would be a good idea. I don't just stunt, I ride alot of miles and do alot of wheelies here and there. Let me know. Thanks for the advice guys, but I think the best advice for someone that wants to try standups is just get off the damn computer and go do it LOL. Just take it slow and practice. I have been trying standups for about a month and I just got it down about 2 days ago, so take your time.

-Jesse-
f4i owners dont need to worry about adding extra oil(which is one of the many reasons many big name stunters ride an f4i) f4i's have their oil pick up in the rear of the oil pan....so, if your at 10 or 12, you have no need to worry about oil starvation. if you would like, you would buy an oil pick up extender, but i would never recommend adding more than the suggested oil level in your bike. extra oil is a time bomb for a blown oil seal around the piston.

Old 06-24-2006, 06:35 AM

dont tell me what to do , i am just defending this forum... this is a direct quote from the idiot himself

"Although seeing your responses you are the very people that real sport bikers hate. You are squids that deserve to crash! You are the riders that make us all look bad, so do us a favor sell your bike so all our insurance premiums will lower. I doubt any of you ride the twisties, you only ride from 1 red light to another.. A monkey could do that! And mister white trash Camaro guy.. your a fool! How do you ride with a mullet? Spend less time trying to impress little girls and you will make fewer kids that will be just as dumb as you! People like you are dragging this country down! Your stupidity breeds stupidity, making welfare ****** and independence cards! My whole point was to try to save some newbs life by being real about the dangers. If all the fun you have on your bike is wheeling your a putz. face it your not going to get paid to be a stunter, so stop trying! All these guys I see riding do their wheelies think they are cool and then 2 months later they are sidelined all summer because they break motor mounts and radiators. how many times does wheelie threads have to start anyway? Is it the only reason you bought a sport bike? next time I am in my car please do a stand up behind me on the freeway or any where else and I will make sure to lockup my breaks.. See if you think that's funny. I know I will see you in one of those stunts go wrong vids, and I hope it hurts! And peace out.. are you black or white? Your not 50 CENT or EMINEM. Trade your bikes in for your high school diploma because your GED's = crack ****** and welfare. You don't look cool on your sport bike when it is parked outside the Mcdonalds you work at..

Kick me from this forum who cares, it is the same chit all the time. Little sissies to scared to wheelie and to scared to ride over 60mph. Nothing but crying about what exhaust to buy, what helmet to wear. you made it a fashion show and that says loser! you care more about what your bike looks like then you do about how to properly ride it! Spend more time learning how to corner and maybe you will live longer, just ask BIG BEN.
"

just because you dont want to yell at the guy dont mean that i dont wanna...
did you even read this? i think i also have my right to my own OPINION and mine is that this guy is a retard. i dont want morons on here telling people to do **** that is gonna get them hurt , or telling them wrong information. do you? an OPINION is one thing but, when your telling people stuff you have no knowledge about that is not a OPINION. this guy starts running his mouth about stuff he has no idea about and people that he dont know , that just aint right. I dont need or want people in this forum like that. if he wants to be decent then fine, but just because he has 15yrs of riding that dont make him god! saying that he is doing the right thing "trying to save some noobs life" by saying this "Dont be scared about using the clutch, All these guys that flip clutching them up are riding liter bikes! Our 600's wont flip unless you way over rev or stand up and yank the bars!" yeah he is a real winner somebody that i would want to hear my info from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-24-2006, 08:15 AM

ANYWAYS back on topic.

So I can't get it up in second using the clutch! BAH! I go about 50, pull the clutch in, go all the way to redline and fan it out, all I get is a little tiny jerk. I know I must not be doing it right... practice practice. Should I be trying second gear at a lower speed???

Also I has been having a little trouble getting it up in first... I realized I wasn't giving it enough throttle while the clutch was pulled in. I tried that thing someone mentioned about rotating my throttle hand forward so as to grab more throttle. Worked like a charm, now I got them shooting up like a rocket haha. I think I'm putting my -1 front sprocket in today so we'll see about second gear then. Anyone know how badly my speedometer should be off using -1??

Old 06-24-2006, 01:22 PM

sometimes when it was like 90+ degrees out mine wouldnt come up the best in second what i would do is...

stand up and bounce, pull back on the bars and then sit your butt back down on the seat all in one motion.

then you dont have to worry about heating up your clutch too much. but it does come up kinda quick sometimes doing that so be careful about that. otherwise you can try different things. but once you put on your -1 sprocket you shouldnt have that big of a problem. i also have the 520 kit on mine but turnin20s dont ,so either way you should be alright and be able to get it up in 2nd. i think mine just comes up a little easier. i am not sure exactally how much your speedo would be off but i go about 67-70mph to go about 60-62mph give or take. you can always get a speedo healer sometime too. but with this -1 sprocket i have noticed a huge difference. so its worth my speedo being off for the time being.

Ben

Old 06-24-2006, 02:33 PM

where do you get sprockets from and about how muich do they cost?? Do you have to change the chain or anything? too ?!?!

Whats a 525-520 conversion mean?? Also whats a pretty good brand for sprockets?? I like the way the Vortex rear ones look, but the renthal looks more beefy/very strong for some reason.

Old 06-24-2006, 07:12 PM

I got the -1 on the front and a speedo-healer. I made several runs by my friend while he was running radar and the result was that without the speedo healer my bike was indicating 13% high. After that adjustment when I run by those radar boxes you see sometimes taht show you your speed it is dead nutz accurate. I did the runs at 30, 45, 60, 75, and 90mph for anyone who wants to know. Basically an indicated speed of 78-79 mph would really be about 70 mph.

Twistatech is right.......HUGE difference when you change the gears.

Old 06-25-2006, 12:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Spike

ANYWAYS back on topic.

So I can't get it up in second using the clutch! BAH! I go about 50, pull the clutch in, go all the way to redline and fan it out, all I get is a little tiny jerk. I know I must not be doing it right... practice practice. Should I be trying second gear at a lower speed???

Also I has been having a little trouble getting it up in first... I realized I wasn't giving it enough throttle while the clutch was pulled in. I tried that thing someone mentioned about rotating my throttle hand forward so as to grab more throttle. Worked like a charm, now I got them shooting up like a rocket haha. I think I'm putting my -1 front sprocket in today so we'll see about second gear then. Anyone know how badly my speedometer should be off using -1??
Your not giving it enought throttle man. I go up to about 40mph then from cuising speed i pull the clutch half way back twist the throttle another 1/2 way so about 3/4 of the way and dump the clutch. At first it will seem weird with the big jerk up but after a couple you will get used to it. Just get used to it coming up and ease off the throttle when you get high you have to just barely push the throttle forward and it will level the wheelie out. After you get used to that you can start learning rear brake control and then the mile wheelies come. Do them staggered (left foot on pass. peg) and keeps legs and arms locked and even balance on the pegs that will keep them riding straight. Lower tire pressure to like 30 that willl help fight off head shake. Make sure you put the front wheel down straight. I got mine geared -1 and +2 and it reads 54 when im doing 45 actually.

So where are the vids at? I see a bunch of people claiming long wheelies i want to see some Just got my mxd cage on and streefighter light ill have vids of me when my knee heals hopefully i lil later this week

Old 06-25-2006, 12:24 AM

ORIGINAL: 06CBRF4i

where do you get sprockets from and about how muich do they cost?? Do you have to change the chain or anything? too ?!?!

Whats a 525-520 conversion mean?? Also whats a pretty good brand for sprockets?? I like the way the Vortex rear ones look, but the renthal looks more beefy/very strong for some reason.
There is a place on ebay that sells the whole setup for cheap. A 520 chain is just lighter then a 525 i think it means the thickness which is why a 520 is lighter. Might as well do the chain at the same time its only like $140 for the whole setup. Vortex are great as long as you dont stunt them aluminum likes to bend after time and alot of hard 1st gear launch ups.

Old 06-26-2006, 11:17 AM

[/quote]

f4i owners dont need to worry about adding extra oil(which is one of the many reasons many big name stunters ride an f4i) f4i's have their oil pick up in the rear of the oil pan....so, if your at 10 or 12, you have no need to worry about oil starvation. if you would like, you would buy an oil pick up extender, but i would never recommend adding more than the suggested oil level in your bike. extra oil is a time bomb for a blown oil seal around the piston.

[/quote]

anyone I've ever talked to that rides a honda runs a quart over....and isnt the pickup at the front of the motor, which is why if you are doing bar tricks you need the Stuntex pick-up?

Old 06-26-2006, 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: stuntn_r6
anyone I've ever talked to that rides a honda runs a quart over....and isnt the pickup at the front of the motor, which is why if you are doing bar tricks you need the Stuntex pick-up?
[/quote]

there is no need to run a quart over. the oil pick up on the f4i is in the rear. dont belive me? call the dealer or pull the pan off yourself. all other honda's. except the 600rr (i think) will need to run about a quart more due to them not haveing their pick ups in the rear.

Quick Reply: 2nd gear stand ups