Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

2nd gear stand ups

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2nd gear stand ups

Love the video, nice stand-ups. I still cant ride them, I can just bring it up then they set right back down. But my sit downs a great.

Old 07-09-2006, 06:01 PM

Yes, very nice video! I am still kinda sucking at clutching up second (did one and it flew SKY HIGH before I knew what the hell happened lol) but I tried a couple with my left foot on the pass. peg and they seem to come up a lot easier. I'm going to try some with both feet on the regular pegs but standing up.

What in god's name was that awful crashing sound at the end of the video!??!

Oh, and are you guys bouncing them up in second or just using the clutch? It looked like some of the time you were yanking on the bars. Everytime I try to yank the front wheel gets all crooked, so I try not to.

Old 07-09-2006, 06:01 PM

cover your rear brake and let the bike come up to your crotch. the first step is getting them up after that its gravy and you can do them how ever you want. the hardest part at the beggining is gauging how high you are thats why i say bring them to your crotch. just use throttle control and use the brake if you get in trouble. once you get it up , the rest of the practice is easy. you just get better and better. be safe and wear your gear always!!!
peace
Ben

Old 07-09-2006, 06:07 PM

hahaha the crashing we put in there to remind you. that it can happen!!! audio crashing is the best way to remind you of it cause it draws all of your attention... be carefull out there, wear your gear and dont be a dumb *** you will do fine... this video was made specifically for this post. it just took forever cause my computer was being a piece and didnt wanna let me make a video. so i had to do a full system recovery... we will be making another video soon keep your eyes open...

we arent really yanking on the bars we are bouncing the bike, like you would on a trampoline. but i would say i am pulling on the bars too but not yanking. just keep the wheel straight and you wont have a problem...

Old 07-09-2006, 06:36 PM

Yeah it does look like we are yanking the bars, but not really, just bouncing it and leaning back to raise the bike up. I don't clutch them yet when I'm standing, but I'll get there. I want to try some staggered, but I pull the bike to one side when I do them right now. We'll have another one soon, but we're just looking for your thoughts about everything.

Thanks for the replies though, we really do appreciate it.

-Jesse-

Old 07-09-2006, 07:12 PM

good video...you guys still got a ways to go when it comes to the balance point...not nearly far enough back but then again you did say this was about a week after learning so...

good clip though and be safe!!!

Old 07-09-2006, 10:35 PM

ORIGINAL: stuntn_r6

good video...you guys still got a ways to go when it comes to the balance point...not nearly far enough back but then again you did say this was about a week after learning so...

good clip though and be safe!!!
Yeah I know, but now it feels pretty good. I'm still not sure if I have found the bp, but it has to be close. Mine are high enough now that I use little to no throttle to keep them up and can ride them until I get tired. Usually my legs start to shake and I get wobbly and set it down LOL. I want to learn how to do seat standers, and spreader wheelies now, but I'm going to take it slow and try not to crash. Thanks for the feedback and if you have any suggestions let me know.

-Jesse-

Old 07-09-2006, 10:59 PM

Went out and messed around tonight while I was "warming up my chain to lube it" haha. Rode out some first gear sit downs a lot farther than I had been. It's weird, the higher you go you can feel how you need less and less throttle to keep it there, but I suppose that's good cause that means I'm getting higher. I'm in a weird spot... I feel like first gear is a little touchy and second gear I suck at and when I do get it up I am just going too damn fast fo rmy liking... Hopefully in time I'll get this **** down.

Did I read it that you aren't using the clutch for second? I don't see how the hell you can get second gear up without the clutch!

Old 07-10-2006, 12:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Spike
Did I read it that you aren't using the clutch for second? I don't see how the hell you can get second gear up without the clutch!
whoever said that is mistaken. You have to clutch it up in second on a 600. I highly doubt you can just gun it and get it to lift in second.

Old 07-10-2006, 01:42 AM

No hes not using the clutch on a stand up...hes bouncing it up. thats the only way you can get it up with out using the clutch.

Quick Reply: 2nd gear stand ups