Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

2nd gear stand ups

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2nd gear stand ups

ORIGINAL: Turnin20s

ORIGINAL: Mike_Stunts

ORIGINAL: stuntn_r6

so whats the point of the stuntex pickup? if the pickup is already in the back then why do people waste their money on it?

not saying your wrong, just trying to figure out why they make a pickup you dont really need.
the item from stuntex is an oil pick up that it extended. there is no relocation of the actual pick up involved. it just extends the acutal pick up to feed more oil from the bottom back corner of the pan. if you are looking into buying this, i would highly recommend it before adding more oil to your bike
this is right from stuntex.com

These high quality CNC machined aluminum pickups greatly reduce engine problems due to oil starvation. This pickup has been designed to pickup oil from the rear of the oil pan instead of the front as the stock pickup does. This pickup prevents air from getting into the oil system (oil starvation) during wheelies and greatly improves oil pressure when on the bar and during wheelies (fast or slow) giving a smoother power delivery. This modification is intended for use in stuntbikes only.

Installation
Remove your oil pan.
Take off your existing pickup.
Install the metal ring tab.
Put your pickup back on but spin it 180 degrees. Make sure you reuse your old seal, or get a new one.
Bend the tab to keep the pickup from turning.
Install the metal gasket ring. This creates a oil build up in the pan where the pickup is.
Put your oil pan back on and start scraping

Honda Oil Pickup
oilpickup-hondRegular price: US$99.95Sale price: US$84.99

I haven't had my pan off, but it looks like the pickup is in the front. No offense to you or anything, but I want to get the correct information. I'll also look in my service manual and see what it says. I may be getting the stuntex oil pickup in a month or so, but I'll have to see what else I decide to spend my money on LOL

Peace Out

-Jesse-
ya, that is a general description for their pick ups. if you look at the pictures on their web sites and all over the web, they give you a new gasket and a ring with two tubes connected to different poles of the circle( this is your extension)

Old 06-30-2006, 01:11 PM

In first gear, can any of you get it to slow down, like in a parking lot, or do I need to get another rear sprocket? I have 2 up I think right now. It's pretty damn scary, but the guys that stunt at the warehouse make the slow ones look easy as hell.

Any tips on 1st gear about 5-10mph wheelies?

Old 06-30-2006, 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Black

In first gear, can any of you get it to slow down, like in a parking lot, or do I need to get another rear sprocket? I have 2 up I think right now. It's pretty damn scary, but the guys that stunt at the warehouse make the slow ones look easy as hell.

those are balance point wheelies, much harder. lotta guys flip their bikes practicing BP wheelies. sometimes i hit the BP on accident, but I don't have it in me to hit it right away and know that i did and ride it out. the only way to ride one going 5 mph, is to clutch it up right to BP, and let the bike roll itself. I will try BP wheelies when I get a cage put on.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:59 PM

can you guys hit BP on fast wheelies? I started slowing mine down a couple days ago...going about 55-60mph bring it past balance point and give a little less brake effort. You can hear the revs coming down a bit. I wanna say i slowed it to around 40-45mph. Very cool feeling. BP takes a little to get used to but once you are its the ****!

Old 07-01-2006, 01:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Black

It has nothing to do with gearing its all about brake control. Pop it up hard catch it with the rear brake then ease it on back. It is hard to learn thats what im learning now. I wouldn't reccomend doing them without a cage your definatly dropping it once doing them.

Old 07-01-2006, 01:35 AM

ORIGINAL: stuntn_r6

can you guys hit BP on fast wheelies? I started slowing mine down a couple days ago...going about 55-60mph bring it past balance point and give a little less brake effort. You can hear the revs coming down a bit. I wanna say i slowed it to around 40-45mph. Very cool feeling. BP takes a little to get used to but once you are its the ****!
I started getting good about staying in bp just rockin the bike to stay up there then one day a rocked it to hard missed the brake and engine braked the wheelie all the way to the 12 mark **** was crazy. You pretty much have to stay in bp to ride mile wheelies the less you jerk around or move the throttle the smoother it will all be

Old 07-03-2006, 04:22 AM

Anyone have any pics yet? I was going to get some this weekend, but I have been too busy doing home projects LOL Me and a buddy made a few clips a couple weeks ago, but those are usless to me now cause I'm passed what I was doing a few weeks ago. Now my standups are alot smoother and I can ride them until my legs get too tired LOL I still need to work with the rear brake though and get a cage. I'd like to learn the slower stuff, but there really isn't anywhere to do slower stuff, we usually go on back roads when doing the faster wheelies. Are you guys using the brake all the time when your in the wheelie or just catching the bike with it. I thought you could kind of ride the brake and bog the engine a little to slow the wheelie once you get it to bp. Let me know and post some pics. I know you had one a while ago Turboedsupe but if you have some more post them up.

-Jesse-

Old 07-03-2006, 06:42 AM

Here are the links to a couple small quicktime files I had my GF take with the digi cam (It's the best I can do).

This is about the point where I'm at right now, these are just first gear clutch ups. Trying to get it high enough but lacking the *****

Wheelie 1

Wheelie 2

Wheelie 3

These files will no longer be available for download after Monday, July 10th.

This is the road directly in front of my apartment complex, normally I only mess around out there at night when there aren't any cars, but I figured I wasn't doing anything so crazy as to warrant there being 0 traffic.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL:but I gotta get somethin down for the highway. Girls keep doin the "lift up the arm" thing on the highway, but I can't do a 60mph wheelie, so it makes me feel small inside.
thats awesome i almost pissed myself

Old 07-03-2006, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Spike

Here are the links to a couple small quicktime files I had my GF take with the digi cam (It's the best I can do).

This is about the point where I'm at right now, these are just first gear clutch ups. Trying to get it high enough but lacking the *****

Wheelie 1

Wheelie 2

Wheelie 3

These files will no longer be available for download after Monday, July 10th.

This is the road directly in front of my apartment complex, normally I only mess around out there at night when there aren't any cars, but I figured I wasn't doing anything so crazy as to warrant there being 0 traffic.
Not too bad, keep practicing. Clutching 1st gear like that is a good way to get the feel for it, then you can take it to some backroads and work with the 2nd gear clutchups. Just work on getting them up higher and higher, mabye slow down a little bit but if you feel comfortable at that speed don't change it. How fast are you going? The 3rd clip looked like it was the highest, but it looked like it scared you a little. No biggy though everyone who wants to do a wheelie has to learn the feeling for it and I personally don't think its something natural feeling LOL When I'm doing my standups it really feels like I'm tipping over backwards and I just have to hold it there even though every part of me is telling me to set it down LOL thats the best way that I can describe it though. Mabye I'll take my wife out today and make her take some pics, but I'll have to see.

Keep the rubber down guys

-Jesse-

Quick Reply: 2nd gear stand ups