Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

1995 F3 I decided to turn into a fighter (in progress)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SINCE the #1 carb's pilot jet is STILL clogged it has a nice party trick... if you crank it over for 5-10 seconds, stop and wait 2 more seconds... it fires a cannon shot plus a 6 in. flame out the pipe... scared the **** out of my friend Victoria lol

Old 06-11-2012, 08:27 PM

hahaha!! awesome.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 95frankenF3
it fires a cannon shot plus a 6 in. flame out the pipe... scared the **** out of my friend Victoria lol

hell ya

Old 06-11-2012, 10:41 PM

needless to say the neighbors have hated me since i was 18 with a gsxr1100 with a Yance&Hines slip on, then my fiero with NO mufler and bored out engine... and now, 2 years later I'm a motorcycle tech in training who works on stuff everyday while blaring music and making all sorts of racket... no cops have been called yet lol

Old 06-14-2012, 04:51 PM

Hey franken, I want to do a bit of "franken-ing" of my own - I want to make up my own "franken-forks" with '98 forks - do you still have those bent-up forks from your '95? I want 'em! I'm a noob here and can hardly post or pm, I hope offering to buy stuff is OK... Neil (neimis)

Old 06-14-2012, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by neimis
Hey franken, I want to do a bit of "franken-ing" of my own - I want to make up my own "franken-forks" with '98 forks - do you still have those bent-up forks from your '95? I want 'em! I'm a noob here and can hardly post or pm, I hope offering to buy stuff is OK... Neil (neimis)
buying stuff is perfectly ok... selling stuff before you're a senior member and the mods will contact you (did that by accident)

Old 06-16-2012, 12:27 PM

I'm trying to figure out how to contact 95frankenF3 when I'm still a noob... I'd like to buy those bent forks
Mods, is it OK to give him my email? it is neilmiskey "at" hotmail.com

Old 06-22-2012, 12:54 PM

i am digging the bike franky! keep the good stuff coming!!!!!

Originally Posted by whocanitbenow
Hey Franken, good project you got going there. As you can see, I'm new on this site. Coincidently, I wanted to build a streetfighter also, and just picked up a '97 F3 which has "SOMEWHAT" been started by the previous owner. It's in running condition, but does have issues. Mine also came with the headlight set up that you went with (2 rectangle lights). But I also bought an Acerbis Cyclop from a buddy that I might end up going with.

Keep up the good work. As of right now, I need to get mine running correctly before focusing on asthetics since it's also my mode of transportation.

I have a question for you and anyone else that may know:

I'm not too concerned with having an instrument cluster. I may have to remove it anyhow in order to make the Cyclop headlight fit correctly. But when I unplug the wiring harness(es) from the stock gauges, the bike seems to run differently (worse). I wouldn't think that unplugging the gauges would have any effect? But then again, the bike isn't running correctly in the first place, so it could just be my imagination. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.
the gauges is what provides a ground for the air solenoid. removing the gauges without performing the air solenoid bypass will cause this.

See page 4 of my build thread for instructions and pictures on how to perform this. link below

https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-fi...-122543/page4/

Quick Reply: 1995 F3 I decided to turn into a fighter (in progress)