Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

1995 CBR F3 Bobber/Fighter

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SigVA812
Hey Colorado Steve what did you use for the fairings back when you had the stock f3 seat on there. I have an f2 I bobbed, and the seat needs some plastic behind it, and I want to build something over the subframe. I was thinking wire mesh, but I'd rather have something substantial.

So if you could tell me what/how you made the fairings right under the seat that cover the subframe, that would be awesome.

I love your bike, definitely want to cut up my factory plastics to make a belly pan. DId you just cut yours and refinish em?

Thanks, and keep up the awesome work.
i made the first set of fairings by making a cardboard template and then tracing that shape onto sheet metal. the tail piece at that time was 3 seperate pieces, both sides bolted onto the subframe and the back plate bolted onto a piece of metal i welded on when the original subframe was shortened. maybe on yours you can use wire mesh to make the basic shape and then cover it with fiberglass

Old 02-29-2012, 09:54 PM

Colorado Steve:

I have an F3 that I am doing a similar build on and was wondering what you did with the direct air injection hoses that are integrated into the front plastic under the headlight. I read in the manual that it is for when you are going 12 mph or less. I am wondering if I can just take it out or while the performance of the bike be altered. What did you do with these? I like your headlight and I am planning on keeping it simple with just the 7" headlight and some vapor gauges.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Minnf3
Colorado Steve:

I have an F3 that I am doing a similar build on and was wondering what you did with the direct air injection hoses that are integrated into the front plastic under the headlight. I read in the manual that it is for when you are going 12 mph or less. I am wondering if I can just take it out or while the performance of the bike be altered. What did you do with these? I like your headlight and I am planning on keeping it simple with just the 7" headlight and some vapor gauges.
i assume that the front plastic you are talking about is the ram air box. i left all the tubing that runs under the tank to the ram air box in place. since i was no longer running the f3 gauge set once i got above 12mph the air solenoid was no longer being grounded by the gauges causing it to run like sh*t. to solve this problem i did whats called the Air Solenoid Bypass.

all of this was originally posted by Kuroshio and explains how to bypass it:

Name:  air_intake_2.jpg
Views: 1141
Size:  20.1 KB

The solenoid is circled in the pic.
To bypass it:
Disconnect the electrical connection from the harness
Disconnect hose 11 from 10 and recover the joint (16)
Disconnect hose 5 from the solenoid
Using the joint, connect hose 5 to the air hose leading into the carbs (on the opposite side of the solenoid)

That disables the solenoid and bypasses the tiny intakes. All air to the carbs will come from the ram duct now. You can completely remove the solenoid and disconnected hoses if you like.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:47 PM

That's helpful. Quick question though, would disconnecting the sensor require a jumper where it's connected at the harness or can that part of the harness be removed? I like the progress! Keep up the good work!

Old 03-02-2012, 07:57 AM

Thanks for the info this is exactly what I was looking for! Ill give it a try might be a while till I get to find out if it works or not since my bike is not all together currently. I'm sure I will have more questions and I probably should start my own build page.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Boynton
That's helpful. Quick question though, would disconnecting the sensor require a jumper where it's connected at the harness or can that part of the harness be removed? I like the progress! Keep up the good work!
no jumper needed, just disconnect it. i did remove the wires from my harness

Old 03-02-2012, 08:36 AM

since there seems to be a few questions on this here are some better pics of the end result of air solenoid bypass. this is fat head's f3 from custom fighters, hopefully he does not mind that i am borrowing his pictures:

here is a link to his build thread on custom fighters, its f*cking awesome
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...318#post250318

Name:  DSCF3368.jpg
Views: 1821
Size:  140.6 KB

Name:  DSCF3369.jpg
Views: 1225
Size:  124.5 KB

Last edited by colorado_steve; 03-02-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:30 PM

Thanks Colorodo_Steve! Fathead's f3 is whats inspiring me to get mine done, can't believe I missed this. Excellent job buddy! 3 points for you!

Old 03-02-2012, 07:55 PM

glad i could help

Old 03-03-2012, 09:04 PM

progress continues

Quick Reply: 1995 CBR F3 Bobber/Fighter