Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

1995 CBR F3 Bobber/Fighter

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 1995 CBR F3 Bobber/Fighter

Here is the build of my 1995 CBR F3 Bobber/Fighter. I bought the bike january of 2010 crashed and not running. got t running, fibber glassed the fairings, rattle canned it the tan color and slapped the sticker kit on it. rode it around last season like that. the fairings were still pretty messed up if you looked at em' close so i decide to fighter the bike. here is how it turned out. i am not complete satisfied with the way the tail turned out, but i do love how everything ends half up back on the rear tire. plan on doing something about this next winter and ride it like this for the 2011 season. check it out! ideas and thoughts appreciated!

Your Ideas Make My Bike Better! Please Post em!

Old 03-17-2011, 12:59 PM

Thats a sick looking bike, nice job with it man. As for ideas, maybe check out a way to get the tail section to roll into the seat more, instead of a tight angle look into more of a radius. Can we get some pics from the rear to see what you did there? All in all that looks like a great bike, nice job. I wish I had the time and money to make a custom ride like that.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:25 PM

I freakin' love your bike. I'm going to most definitely do this to my F3 whenever I get the time and the skill...or find someone who will help me lol.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:38 PM

My criticism is going to be constructive, do not take it as disrespect to your skill.

The "fairings" under the tail are hideous. I like the belly pan.

I think you need to build a subby without the bulk underneath it to make the rear look lighter. Hide all of your electronics/tidy them up and put them somewhere out of the way...it can be done.

But most important is making the rear look lighter than that.

Keep it up...it's a good build so far.

EDIT: You know what, after looking at your pics some more, the tail could be cleaned up so much more just by cutting from the tip of your seat to the bottom sub mount...that triangle of material is what is throwing my brain off personally.

Last edited by DrAwkwArD; 03-18-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

are you set against cuttin the wiring harness? i've shortened some areas and lengthened others on my harness, and nothing has gone wrong with it... just make sure to solder and shrink wrap your splices (vs. butt splicing). if you do that, there should be a lot of room for your wiring under your tank above your airbox.

as far as the rest of your subframe/tail... can you weld? if you can... i'd take the lower braces of the subframe and weld them at a more aggressive degree into the top/main bars of the subframe. that would leave you not having to have such a big fairings under the tail.

if you're bobbing it out, you want as little subframe and tail as possible, the combo of the two should easily help that. and remember, as far as tail fairings go, they don't HAVE to follow the subframe, they can be shapely to follow the seat more.

also, i don't know if it's just me... but when i see a single headlight being used with clip-ons, i think fast and sleek cafe racer, and i think that if you moved the headlight down a couple of inchs , possibly lower the clip-ons and inch, it'd make the bike look a lot more pissed off, faster, and mean. when the top of the tank is the tallest part of the bike, i think it looks amazingly aggressive, that's just me though.

Last edited by Conrice; 03-18-2011 at 03:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Trowy88 (11-09-2020)
Old 03-19-2011, 12:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did you put the big mass of wires that go along the right side of the bike?!?! And all the ones up front!?! Seriously man. Tell me your secrets....

The following users liked this post:
Trowy88 (03-09-2021)
Old 03-19-2011, 08:06 AM

i moved the harness on the right side and front into the tail and wrapped it into a bundle, then rerouted all the wires for the forward controls over the air box back to the main harness that i left uncut. in hind sight this is what is causing my tail to be so bulky and awkward. here is a pic of the main wire harness bundled into the tail

Last edited by colorado_steve; 03-19-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

well if you can weld or your friend can weld.... a more aggressive angle on the bottom subframe support would help you make the rear smaller.

as far as the harness, shortnening and lengthening, just do "hot joint" solders and heat shrink wrap the connections, wrap it all in electrical tape to make an actual harness and you'll be fine. i've heard of people building their own wiring box on top of the airbox to hold most of the relays and even in the case of FI bikes, moving the ECU under there. try to look up from the subrame with a flashlight and see if you can get a feel for exactly how much room you have to work with and go from there. it's been a while since i've worked on an f3 (i used to have one... they're great bikes btw), but you might be able to see if you can get a shorter or different airbox from another model of motorcycle in order to give you more room to work with (you're fightering it out... might as well not try to hold on to stock parts). then find a place for the R/R that is safe from debris (rocks) that gets a lot of air.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what headlight is that, and where did you get the mounts for it?

Old 03-23-2011, 12:06 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

also - I have a F4 shock I'll sell for say $35 shipped? Has the rocker linkage and dogbone with it too.

Quick Reply: 1995 CBR F3 Bobber/Fighter