Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WTF IS IT COMING TO

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WTF IS IT COMING TO

go sip another appletini with your boyfriend..
Good one, but I am actually dating a 27 year old ex-runway model now...yes she is 18 years younger than me...yes she is 6 foot tallblond blue eyed...yes you should be jealous of me...but if you ever want to split an appletini, well get pedicures and make a day out of it.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Retired Super Moderator

Up until the last few posts, you guys have a pretty civil argument going, with educated support/opinion from both sides. Keep the personal digs/attacks out of it, or it'll be locked quick.

Some of us mods haven't been able to post in a while. The proverbial fuse has shortened!!!!

-Adam

Old 06-19-2008, 07:37 PM

hc...your friend did the right thing in letting that kid go. a friend of the family has had the same problem. hell, i remember a story of one time the kid showed up all coked up to work and his father along with some people in my family and some other friends beat the bloody pulp outa him. Eventually, his father just told him to go away and hasnt spoken to him since. I agree, that is the right thing to do. But your previous statements, along with some of that cats swingin on your nuts all said that we should just publicly execute them on the first try. Do you honestly believe that will work? Im all for tough love man, trust me, its how i was raised. I do have some extreme conservative morals and also some more liberal ones. Like you said, im middle of the road. But to just kill of a drug dealer or addict just cause they committed the act isnt right and def wont stop it no matter what. Somebody said in this discussion that some country in Asia in fact does this. Do they think that it honestly stops the drugs from being grown and shipped outa that country? If so, i can assure you, as a former drug dealer, lil thief, pot-smoken *******...they dont. Another jackass just steps up to fill the void.

Im not dissagreeing with anybody on the fact that drugs are bad...for most people. Yeah, there are those people that can smoke pot all day (i used to be one) and there would be nothing wrong with most of their actions. Just like the guy that likes to go home and have a beer at the end of the day, alot of people like to go home and smoke a lil bowl and thats it. No gangbangin, no murderin, no theiven...nothing. Just love to chillout at the end of the day. And to me that is fine. What ever floats your boat homies. You only have one life to live and you should do what makes you happy. But, for most people that get involved with drugs, that aint it. Alot of people cant just stop after one blunt to the head. They move on to some drink to, then one beer aint enough, then they do a lil key bump, then an eight ball in the night and so on and so on. I live in Florida, drug capital of the world. I have lived this ****e since i old enough to know what drugs were. Drugs do ruin alot of peoples lives and yeah, most of them should be outlawed. But not to the extant offin the guy.

And you also say rehab doesnt work for the most part. And i totally agree...for the most part. But do you honestly have any clue as to what happens to somebody when they get thrown in prison? Honestly, any at all? Ive been fortunate enough not to have to ever go there, but ive heard alot of different stories from alot of different people and its like hell on earth. My friend that was in sing sing was fortunate enough, he told me, that he got out when the gangs first started gettin in there. He remembers kids younger than me gettin thrown in prison and just takin a pencil and stabbin a guy to death just to prove that he was tough enough to not be f'ed with. Im not saying that them gettin thrown in prison and doin some hard time aint right. Yeah, they need to get punished. But honestly, most of the time they dont, and instead just end up thinkin bout how they got caught and how they gonna trick the system next time. And instead of throwin a blind eye to that and just sayin "Lets just get rid of them", i think it is our communities responsibility to ask why is that. Why does somebody just go in on a small crime and come out a hardened career criminal that is smarter, meaner, and more ballsy?

My answer to that is just like the kids in school not havin enough teachers to go around and teach them whats right and wrong. Instead, the prisoners teachers are higher up shotcallers that run life in the prison and alot of crap on the outside as well. Overcrowding isa giant freakin issue in this. And yes, alot of it is drug related. And yes, alot of that could be curbed my the right drug rehab instead, especially on the first offense. But, meanwhile the gov isbusy spendin money on oil futures, pig fertilization techniques and a whole list of other crap. Like you said, we do need a Bastille day cause honestly, alot of our problems could be solved if we started right at the top of the pile instead of all the ****e that has run down hill.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Friend and Hero ...

First brother, let me say it's ashamed that the Brass around here has not figured out which 10 words to leave out of any post to hit the character limit at any time. Not a problem with being able to post. Just avoid those words, and you'll have no problem I see you have figured that out yourself and you used to call me long-winded LOL

Now on to some serious stuff. The whole ideology behind poisoning, the entire drug supply is basically this. If you absolutely Know ones snort, one crack pipe, one needle will kill you. You'll be much much less likely to ever start and for those who have not learned the error of their ways with maturity like yourself and may not have the benefits of being the master of their own body, then it is a death sentence not something to be taken lightly, but a sad in a horrible thing. I realized this thread started about a young man dealing drugs at a local gas station. And then expanded into all of this, which for better or worse, is something that should be addressed on the subject of prison and my version of the three strikes rule. I think I have covered that quite a bit. I'm not saying kill anyone the first time they make a mistake or even the second time. But common sense tells you by the 3 time. You should have learned your lesson and yes, prison is a horrible place, but it has turned into a training ground of the wrong kind. Maybe we need more 23 1/2 hour lockdown facilities with closed-circuit entertainment systems that broadcast nothing but core values and a skilled trade. There will always be checks and balances and confinement itself is punishment on a certain level, but it separates those individuals from society, which in some way on both sides of the coin dehumanizes all of the parties involved. I am one man and I do not have all the answers, nor do I say I'm headed down the right road. All I'm saying is a line must be drawn somewhere, and stand must be taken. If there's ever going to be any hope for the future

Old 06-19-2008, 09:28 PM

I have no idea about what characters are supposed to be typed or not. for some reason, on my smaller posts lately, it had taken bout three or four times just to post it up. idk.

I do agree, nobody has all the answers. And, this country is headed into the ****ter real fast and something must be done about it. But personally, i just believe that it has to start at the top of the economic and political heads of this country...just like when we declared our independence a couple hundred years ago.

I started reading the declaration of independence this morning after reading one of the threads posted hear today about somebody's fourth ammendment rights being violated. I think that everybody should go back and actually read that and see how much of that stuff applys to what is going on today with the leadership of this country. Drugs, prison overcrowding, lack of education, the patriot act, and many others are all problems that can be solved by just starting over. Get rid of pork belly spending, make members of congress answer to the laws that they have passed, let people learn the value of what they have instead of putting piles of crap upon crap in front of their faces making them feel inadequite withwhat they have and unable to see whats right in front of them, reinstillsome familyvalues in people, and make people realize they areultimately responsible in how they livetheir lives and how they are remembered after.Like you said, people need to return to some values that this country had a long time ago.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:30 PM

oh, and sorry bout the long posts lol. just get a lil heated when i start thinkin bout ALL the crap that is wrong with this country and how it came to be and where it will keep going if something isnt done about it.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Friend and Hero ...

I used to post this every fourth of July over at the Marine forum but here you go it has no add-ons and reads the way it was supposed to be

THIS IS A VERY EMOTIONAL SUBJECT FOR ME AND IT SHOULD BE FOR ANYONE WHOSE ANCESTORS MIGRATED HERE BEFORE THE BIRTH OF THE 20TH CENTURY. YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID A HEAVY PRICE FOR THESE RIGHTS AND FREEDOM. ALSO FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SERVED THIS COUNTRY IN IT'S ARMED FORCES, ESPECIALLY YOU, BECAUSE YOU HAVE DONE MORE TO EXPORT THESE IDEAS AND BELIEFS TO FOREIGN LANDS. I ASK YOU TO KEEP VIGIL HIGH ON THE HOME FRONT. YOU HAVE MORE THAN EARNED THESE FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS. THERE ARE THOSE WHO UNWITTINGLY OR KNOWINGLY WILL EN FRINGE UPON THESE RIGHTS. ALL WILL HAVE BEEN FOR NOTHING IF THEY ARE LOST.
HERE IS A COPY OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS. KNOW THE IDEA FOR WHICH YOU TRULY BATTLE

First Amendment – Freedom of speech, press, religion, peaceable assembly, and to petition the government.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Second Amendment – Right to keep and bear arms.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

Third Amendment – Protection from quartering of troops.
No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Fourth Amendment – Protection from unreasonable search and seizure.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Fifth Amendment – Due process, double jeopardy, self-incrimination, private property.
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Sixth Amendment – Trial by jury and other rights of the accused.
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.

Seventh Amendment – Civil trial by jury.
In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Eighth Amendment – Prohibition of excessive bail, as well as cruel or unusual punishment.
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Ninth Amendment – Protection of rights not specifically enumerated in the Bill of Rights.
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Tenth Amendment – Powers of states and people
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

This is the original Constitution as your founding fathers intended it to be the 10th amendment is our greatest ally against big brother. But how to implement it is the largest question of all

Old 06-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Retired Super Moderator

For the record, some members have been able to post normally, some in limited lengths, and some only if certain words were left out. Others, such as myself (and a few others) were incapable of posting ANYTHING. Not one word, not one letter, nothin. My only capability was to edit someone else's post, and type there. And that only worked on occasion. So let me apologize on behalf of the "brass".

Old 06-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Friend and Hero ...

No need to apologize brother, snafu covers it all doesn't it. The Marine forum several years ago, done an upgrade. It wasV bulletin software and a post-filter was installed to help cut down on improper language and spam I found myself in the same predicament you were in. And as the forums super moderator it was quite embarrassing while most individuals were only plagued with having certain words kick their posts out. I toyed with this a couple of days ago here and found about 10 words that if I tried to put them in a post. I got the 505 era. It was a time-consuming process, but well worth the effort. I hope the whole problem is corrected. At this point, I have not constructed a post using any of the words. But I will try shortly not to drag my own thread off-topic any father. But I was raised in the bluegrass State for the most part, how are those hills nowadays. I guarantee the crime rate is not what it is inthe rest of the country is it

Old 06-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Retired Super Moderator

God i miss kentucky...been about a year since i moved away, and i miss the hell out of it. You're right, aside from the big cities (louisville, lex, etc) you don't hear about a lot of small crime. Too many trigger-happy farmers!!!!

Of course, they are the #2 producer of pot....lol and there's alot of meth labs poppin up...so i guess every place has its issues.

Quick Reply: WTF IS IT COMING TO