Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WTF IS IT COMING TO

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WTF IS IT COMING TO

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

Sure, but if a law is unfair it's up to the people to change it. We don't have the "misdemeanour" and "felony" distinctions you do, or the "three strikes and you're out" rule, and our crime rate is RIDICULOUS - Judges now give consecutive sentences to have greater effect, but it's still not enough.........
If the people do nothing, then nothing will be done.......I'm with Gunny on this.

trust me, the three strike rule doesnt deter crime at all...i live in florida and we have had this for years, along with other 3 strike rules that apply to using a gun in a crime and it still doesnt have an effect on the crime rate.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hear you, Dizzie, but at least you still have the death penalty - we don't any more, and you have at least one paedophile on death row - Mark Schwab ?
We even had it for armed robbery, back in the day ! I still think it helps to have it, especially for "depraved or heinous crimes" - murder of policemen, child molesters etc.
Texas seems to have the right idea.......? he he

Old 06-17-2008, 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

I hear you, Dizzie, but at least you still have the death penalty - we don't any more, and you have at least one paedophile on death row - Mark Schwab ?
We even had it for armed robbery, back in the day ! I still think it helps to have it, especially for "depraved or heinous crimes" - murder of policemen, child molesters etc.
Texas seems to have the right idea.......? he he
im not arguing for or against the death penalty here, but if texas has the right idea as far as executin people, then why hasnt there crime rate dropped off the face of the earth? you would think that it would wipe out violent crime completely right? but it doesnt.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: flumpies

stop taking the roids

You have annoyed me with 7 out of your 13 posts in 3 of my threads. You have about one more life left before I break off in your ***. Are we clear. Feel free to contact me in private

Old 06-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: Manowar Vin

lol! ok this is out of hand, and HC you are being way too serious. Laws may be laws but that doesnt mean smoking a little freshly grown herb is morally wrong. Illegal yes. You can't always just take a law and firmly put all your belief into it. There is trial and error. Do you drink HC? Nothing wrong with it right? What if prohibition came back? Now all of a sudden you would do a 180 and be all gung ho against drinking? Or would you still believe nothing is wrong with it?

Hate to bust your bubble, but I do not drink alcohol. Hell, I very seldom even drink carbonated drinks juice, coffee and good old water but if I did, it is Legal and as far as your herb goes if you feel it should be legalized. I suggest you take my earlier advice above and start making your politicians work for you. But if you're in the minority, then you're just basically **** outof luck

Now on the subject of caring thanks to an extreme. A line must be drawn somewhere this country has no sense of itself. Nor does it have the pride it once had in itself. We truly are in the declining years of righteous and moral citizens, whose core values should be something to be proud of. Not something to be shunned . We have it within our power not only to be the most powerful Nation in the world. But also a Nation that looks forward to the future to help preserve a decent way of life for future generations but the what about me generation could give two **** less what kind of country. Your children or grandchildren inherit it doesn't directly affect them at the moment. Only when it's too late, will it be an issue for them

Old 06-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hahahahaha

HC are you on BSB too with a similar screenname?

Old 06-18-2008, 09:35 PM

Man, I love it when the 50 cal gets hot...I got the low flank...kitty-cat -not you PG- feel free to contact the front line in public, it's been a long damn time since I clicked off a few post rounds

Old 06-19-2008, 03:52 AM

You'll never eliminate crime by having a death penalty Dizzie, but in my line of work I see all manner of depraved individuals who are imprisoned at huge cost to the honest, hardworking taxpayer, who shouldn't be - they're a burden on society and should be permanently removed. The lengthy appeals procedure in the US is also a cause for concern - takes on the average around 16 years before execution - which is 16 years more time than their victims had..........

I wonder what Buford T would make of this debate, Gunny ?

Old 06-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Banned

Now on the subject of caring thanks to an extreme. A line must be drawn somewhere this country has no sense of itself. Nor does it have the pride it once had in itself. We truly are in the declining years of righteous and moral citizens, whose core values should be something to be proud of. Not something to be shunned .
It seems like Hardcorp is one those people that understand that at times we must take a stand on an issue for no other reason than it simply 'holds the line'. It is a slippery slope once certain seemingly harmless activities are allowed. I think if we looked at the generations before us and compared their values to that of our own, we would be shocked and embarrassed at our selfishness, laziness and our lack of civic mindedness.

The attitude that many of us have has added to the present problems our country faces in the world, our rampant consumerism has allowed countries like China to expand and become a threat to our financial security. The wasteful desire to drive large trucks and SUVs have allowed the Middle Eastern countries to armand train terrorists to kill and threaten our citizens on our own soil. This 'ME' generation has somehow undid 150 years of hard work by our previous generations.

Someday soon, all of this selfishness and consumerism will end. Gasoline will cost $8 a gallon, the dollar will be so weak that you cannot afford to buy chinese imported christmas toys, and a 6 pack of beer will be $15. At that time you will need to reflect and say 'Hardcorp was right' we need to think about what is morrally right and what I can do to make this country better.

But by then it will be too late. The ability by our peopleto 'do without' is lost. We only think about the latest cell phones, flat screens and XBOX games and we we can't get stoned all the time. That feeling of entitlement for all the latest gadgets will be supplanted by the need for heating oil in winter.

Have a nice day.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:15 AM

+10000 fishfryer - we're feeling the pinch here already, and we don't have your resources.
I'm still with HC on this issue - SOMEONE has to stand up and say "this far, and no further"

Quick Reply: WTF IS IT COMING TO