Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: what do you do if someone's sitting on your bike?
Politely ask that they stop
9.95%
Demand to know what theyre doing
12.80%
Tell them to get the **** off your bike
63.03%
Cover your gun and be ready to draw
14.22%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

What do you do if someone's sitting on your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 04:43 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyx
That's a fact. It's trespass, and probable cause to assume attempted theft. Yes, you're going to court for assault, but you can justify it. IL isn't a CCW state, but you can probably tell I wish it was. I'm also probably the reason it's not. Can't wait til they take our pepper spray away.
+1 i hear ya

Old 04-22-2010, 08:58 PM

After a little humbling session it would probably end up in someway similar to 8:05 of the clip...That would be awesome. Minus the bike being sideways on the ground....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKF6OF5dj-k

Last edited by K7inne09; 04-22-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:35 AM

I would be the craziest of the picks here. I would cover my 40 cal pistol and ask them what the fu*k they were doing. kid,woman whatever. Id at the very least I'd scare the shi* outta them and just about bet it wouldn't happen again.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by K7inne09
After a little humbling session it would probably end up in someway similar to 8:05 of the clip...That would be awesome. Minus the bike being sideways on the ground....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKF6OF5dj-k

dirty!!!

Old 04-24-2010, 05:13 PM

its happened to me before, twice.

the first time it was some high school kid trying to show off to his friends in an Acme parking lot. they saw me walking towards the bike from the store and bolted. wasnt worth running after them.

the next time it was some girl who was waiting for her friend and thought it was his bike. she was just leanin against it and wasnt causeing trouble. ima very calm guy so i just asked her please dont touch the bike. she appoliaized and walked to her car 3 spots over.

they were young kids so no need to cover my weapon. which btw can be considered, at least in Pa, the same as pulling your weapon out if you cover it and the outline becomes noticeable.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya, no "flashing" regardless of state. Doing so can actually be a reason for the other person to draw and fire under the self-defense rules.

Was taught never to even hint I'm carrying unless I'm prepared to draw, fire and accept the consequences of doing so.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:04 PM

yeah same here. my old man is in law enforcement in Nj. Everyone thinks that Nj doesnt allow to have a permit but they actually do. And the only way to get one is to have the sheriff of whatever county personally sign off on it. along with an extended waiting period and money. But it becomes the sheriffs responceibility at that point so no sheriff will ever do it.

and even telling someone you do have it is considered the same as firing the weapon. best thing to do is tell no one, never show, and only pull and fire if you see another weapon pointing at you and you are at a point with no escape route. you can always run away from a knife or bat as an option for self defence. it gets a bit technical after that point. ive read a lot of law books specifically pointed to the different situations.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:05 PM

Yea i dont know what states yall are in but if your carrying a gun you BETTER KNOW THE RULES!!! In colorado thats what they call felony menacing. Unless they are sitting on your bike IN your garage pulling a gun is a big no no, hell all it takes is them to call the cops with your plate and say you pulled a gun, you get pulled over, you have a gun...permit or not your probably going to jail.

And yes i do carry a gun, i would tell em to get the hell off...Unless its a really good looking woman thats scantily clad...Gotta do what ya gotta do

Old 04-25-2010, 07:12 PM

he'd have 3 seconds then after that a very large lump on the side of his face.... if you opened the door of an unlocked car and had a seat to see how comfy it was its the same thing.... lift the stand and have a seat, id be pissed!!!!

Old 04-25-2010, 08:00 PM

I'd be livid. It's not the nicest bike out there, but it's mine. So yeah I'd drop that MF.

Quick Reply: What do you do if someone's sitting on your bike?