Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: what do you do if someone's sitting on your bike?
Politely ask that they stop
9.95%
Demand to know what theyre doing
12.80%
Tell them to get the **** off your bike
63.03%
Cover your gun and be ready to draw
14.22%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

What do you do if someone's sitting on your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 11:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
But the insistence that polite and proper is the way to go by these guys is just... Disturbing
I think if it's a place you don't frequent, being an *** about it is fine. However, what if you park there a lot or if it's in the neighborhood? It's just motivation for that guy to kick your bike over the next time s/he sees it parked without you around.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no excuse for any stranger to sit on my bike. While I was stationed in NM, some foreign nationals, were sitting on bikes between my office and the network control center taking pictures. I asked for the camera, they refused, so I called security forces and they were forced to give up the camera. Needless to say, I DO NOT TOLERATE THAT SHYT!

Old 04-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm one of the 'tell politely' group. But how politely would depend on the sitter's age, gender and general attitude. That would be followed by an teaching moment concerning sitting on a bike that wasn't theirs. How the teaching moment would be carried out would depend solely on the sitter's attitude. No physical violence, mind you. Not unless it was necessary to get the point across.

One doesn't have to yell, shout or be physical to correct inappropriate behavior. One of the greatest butt-chewings (oops, I mean behavior correction conversations) I witnessed was done by an army Captain to our section goof-off. His voice was never raised, but the point was made and it was one subdued enlisted man that walked out the door with shredded shorts.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by DRam
One doesn't have to yell, shout or be physical to correct inappropriate behavior. One of the greatest butt-chewings (oops, I mean behavior correction conversations) I witnessed was done by an army Captain to our section goof-off. His voice was never raised, but the point was made and it was one subdued enlisted man that walked out the door with shredded shorts.
and on the way back to his car he kicked his commanders bike over. LOL j/k but seriously, that works for us enlisted guys because if we do say somethin back we'll loose rank and or money. but some punk kid at the store couldn't give a rats a$$ if you're a captain so he's not even gonna listen. I'm pretty sure your "talk" is gonna elevate to a yell with 99% of the people willing to sit on a strangers bike.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:30 PM

120 decibels generally asks for me, but if I didn't have the lock on there...

Well, I'd just tell them to get off my bike. I answered cover my gun because I had a bike stolen before, and I have a gun, so it was funny. Still.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this is a respect poll; If others respect your property. If they do not respect me and my property then I have no respect for them. Let get it on...

Old 04-22-2010, 04:11 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Time to bring some humor into this..... i was the first politely guy....

i think its circumstantial

oh sorry i was just admiring this nice piece of machinery you have here shes talking about this your thinking this and no the cars not bouncing due to hydraulics

which of you guys (assuming ur gf or wife wasnt around) would really yell at a pretty girl sitting on ur bike??????????? honestly now lol

Last edited by __Z__; 04-22-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:12 PM

HOLY ****!!! WHAT?? WHAT?!?!?! Who the **** DOES this?! That's like going and siting in some random stranger's unlocked car! CLEARLY I would flip the **** out, assume theft, pepper spray them, and call the cops. That's INSANE. Has this actually happened to you? Were they NOT trying to steal your bike? Were they a 5 year old?

Old 04-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well personally I feel the situation began with them disrespecting me by sitting in my bike. So the amount of respect I have to show in return is small. I am respecting their right to continue breathing after all.

But at this other forum they can't believe I'd be rude enough to yell at someone. And be willing to protect my property with force. When we got into deadly force they questioned my sanity. Missing me trying to point out that the mere act of sitting on someone's bike is trespass. The same as if I hopped into someone's convertible to try out the feel.

I'd get yelled at in the least if I did that. Probably beaten. And if I got shot, in some states that would be perfectly legal as well

Old 04-22-2010, 04:42 PM

That's a fact. It's trespass, and probable cause to assume attempted theft. Yes, you're going to court for assault, but you can justify it. IL isn't a CCW state, but you can probably tell I wish it was. I'm also probably the reason it's not. Can't wait til they take our pepper spray away.

Quick Reply: What do you do if someone's sitting on your bike?