Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

anoying questions that people ask you about your bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 12:47 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: anoying questions that people ask you about your bike

...hold the phone, I may need to catch a one-way plane ride:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7589382.stm

lETS GOOOO! women with an accent!! and we ride just bring a fishing pole muahahaha!

Old 08-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

G'Day Mate ! So, you got wet - here's me thinkin "Stralia's as dry as a dingo's ****, not a bloody Foster's for miles ! My favourite Oz words - "buggerme" - said as one word and "emmachizzit" when asking prices.
Oz - gotta love it - pity they can't play rugga ! he he he
(must be true, Campo married a SA girl) he he
Stay well.
'Scuse the highjack......couldn't resist ![X(]

Old 08-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had a cop pull me over ... I'm like WTF ... he says "you're not in trouble, I just wanted to know what kind of headlights you have." Relief that I was not gonna get a ticket but pissed that he pulled me over.

Not a week later had a deputy pull me over at night. Again I wasn't doing anything ... in fact hadn't even got out of my subdivision. He looks at me and says "Sorry, had a report of a young kid on a bike riding without a helmet." I said "Does this look like a bicycle?" "Do I look like a kid?" "Can you see my helmet?" He apologized repeatedly and I just wondered if he thought turning on the blues would make me run and give him a jolly.

And I always talk or wave to the kiddies ... make them happy and maybe mommy and daddy will pay attention to riders. Nah ...

Old 08-30-2008, 09:55 PM

lol.

I hate it when I'm passing a house with like kids in the driveway and keep in mind it's like on a turn and they're doing the wheelie motion with their arms... I'm like... you want me to wheelie around this turn? I should wheelie on your face.

I also like when I'm sitting in traffic at a light, and there are like teens or kids like DO A AWHEELIE.. And im like, "WHAT RIGHT NOW?!?! THIS VERY SECOND?!??!"

Old 08-31-2008, 12:22 PM

I actually got pulled over last night, pointless like some of the above.

Riding through PA following a chicky to her place and a statey flies by in the other direction. About 2 minutes later he come some Crown Vic headlights coming up behind real fast. I was doing 54 in a 55, so I'm like.... wtf?? He turns his lights on, I pull over as he creeps up behind me. I turn the bike off, put the stand down and start to take off my helmet and he pulls up next to me.

Cop- "Oh, nevermind."
Me- "Huh?"
Cop- "I thought you tag light was blue"
Me- "No, its just a bunch of white LED's."
Cop- "Yeah, I see that now, sorry about that. I'm not used to seeing your kind of bike with a bright tag light"
Me- "Ok, I like lights so people can see me at night. It's not like I'm gonna run, so you can check out my tags all you want."
Cop- "Yeah, well have a good night."
Me- "Ok, you too."

Considering my tag light is white like my half Irish untanned ***, I think he was looking for some thrills expecting me to run. Either that or he hasnt caught up to the 1990's and is too used to seeing a yellowish incandescent light. Either way, I cant imagine there's much he could have done anyway since I'm from MD, not PA. He was just bored.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:37 PM

Pull up at a gas station, hop off bike, remove helmet. Enter random person:

"That your bike?" Umm.. Yeah.
"Nice." Thanks.
"How fast does it go?" 70.
"Thats it?" Yup.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sitting at a light with a minivan Taxicab - middle aged driver yells at me "Wanna Race?" - Had me laughing for a block or two...

Quick Reply: anoying questions that people ask you about your bike