CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

what did you do to your cbr-600F2 today??

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 12:00 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattson
...I`m told the electroplating on the colored ones fade fast in direct sunlight but you could always get silver or black ones.
Yup, the cheapos kinda fade to a pinkish color, though my cheap eBay set hasn't faded any ....yet!

I've got CRGs on the race bike, and the cheap eBay set were on the street bike, until I found those Repsol levers... they look identical, and I cannot tell the difference while riding.

The second pic is of the CRG "knock-offs".

Old 05-14-2014, 01:09 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

goatxxmastr, here's a little better pic of the both the CRGs (mounted), and the cheap eBay items.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:17 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JNSRacing
goatxxmastr, here's a little better pic of the both the CRGs (mounted), and the cheap eBay items.

hell, for the look and reported feel, it would be worth it to me to pay the $20 bucks and then just replace em when they fade. They look good. And all the reviews I've read, the only complaint was the fade. As far as build quality and feel, they were spot on.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:23 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was surprised how well the hinge parts were machined, I gave them a coat of Crc adhesive grease and just threw them on, took me more time to find the right wrench than swap the levers. Just be careful not to ruin the little plastic bit that goes around the end of the clutch cable.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:43 PM

Just manufactured a custom mount to have somewhere to put the gauge I bought from eBay a while back. All things are cheap stuff from China, except for the metal plate that is one of those cheap ones used in house building and such. I bent it against a door way to get the correct angle and drilled the predrilled holes to a bigger size for attachment on the bolts on the top yoke.

I also (not shown in the pic) sprayed some 2k clear coat on the raw metal tank to give it at least some protection against the elements. Tomorrow I'll start the welding course I signed up for but I'll try to do the last pieces of modification and solder the cables for the new headlight and instrument gauge.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:54 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Yesterday washed it good and thoroughly, today rode it like I stole it Went for a little evening ride with my friend, 150km of tightly curled twisties, not a bad way to kill a few dozen bugs on the visor, not bad at all. Over +20c and clear sky which is unheard of in May, usually we`re getting these kind of temps about a month from now. The rain has washed all the remaining grit from the roads and the temp has given me my trust in the tires back so I was finally able to get some speed on the cornering! Almost glad I didn`t get my car from the shop last friday like promised.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:44 PM

Painted the rear fairings matte black (ugly but sufficient from a distance) and took her for a spin. Unfortunately the throttle assembly doesn't really fit my new bars and it came loose when driving which made it nearly impossible to give it gas since everything spun around together with the throttle. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement throttle assembly housing Preferably a small, metal one that only contains the throttle tube mechanism so that I can tighten it really hard without risking to shatter the original plastic one with the killswitch, start button and horn?

Old 05-21-2014, 11:04 PM

Some motocross shop? There should be a metal tab inside the switch casing that you have to drill a hole in the bar to fit, it should keep it from spinning without twisting the screws hulk-tight. You could also spin a few rounds of duct tape into the handlebar to make the fit more snug and grippy for the case, just make sure it doesn't go under the throttle tube or it will give you a whole array of new problems...

Old 05-22-2014, 08:58 AM

Ordered a new rear tire reeeeeally couldn't afford spending an unscheduled 200eur on a donut but noticed this morning while riding to work in slight rain that the rear end seems a bit restless, got to work and checked, and sure enough it's at the TWI so gonna get a ticket if stopped not to mention the safety side as it still is my main means of transportation ATM...

Old 05-22-2014, 02:17 PM

Which rear, Mattson? So far I am really satisfied with my Pilot Road 4.

Oh, a bit off topic but motocross throttles don't work due to them being single wire and the original throttle is a dual wire. Do anyone here run your bike on a single wire instead of both?

Quick Reply: what did you do to your cbr-600F2 today??