CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

what did you do to your cbr-600F2 today??

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wasn't today but I recently did the quick release seat latch mod on my f2. I must say that it is extremely handy to be able to pop the seat off without taking the rear fairings off. I am currently rebuilding my front brake calipers with new seals and I am going to paint them while I have them off. What color should I paint them,black or gold? Also painting my front wheel black.

Old 03-22-2014, 08:32 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys I need quick help! I`m in the middle of cleaning the carbs, changed the O-rings in the T-couplings between the carbs, (totally deteriorated and fell to bits when I pried them out) but ran into a major snag, I`ve searched high and low, youtube, here, all around thenet but cannot get a definitive answer WHERE EXACTLY DOES THE CARB BALANCING METER ATTACH TO!!!??? From what I`ve understood I need to use #2 from the left as the baseline as it is not adjustable and adjust the others to that, but doggone I cannot figure out where to attach the meter! Urgent advice needed!!!

Old 03-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Thanks for the help For anyone else trying to find this info, the nipples are NOT on the carbs, they are below them, on the "throats" the carbs attach to, and one of them actually is the one the petcock vacuum line goes to. Almost taught a few tools how to fly when I discovered the #3 and #4 throats do not have the nipple, only a bolt blocking the thread, but my Carbtune tool kit saved me as it comes with a bag full of nipples with different threads so I was able to get the missing two from there.

What I did? I assembled the new dual muffler system, I took the carb battery completely off of the bike, replaced the destroyed O-rings between the carbs, cleaned all the jets with carb cleaning spray, cursed heavily while desperately trying to reassemble the carb battery but eventually succeeded, performed a carb sync, wasn`t exactly easy as the values kept changing all the time but eventually got them all synced (ish), they weren`t far off to begin with but needed a little fine tuning, they`re not 100% synced but close enough, or at least as close as I could get them... Had to leave the bike still apart cause the engine was so hot I couldn`t remove the two nipples from the carb throats to be able to reassemble the airbox, and therefore the fairings are still off too, but at least it runs and sounds awesome with the new mufflers

Old 03-24-2014, 07:13 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really today, more yesterday, but finally dropped the engine for my trans repair. Noticed she needs a good cleaning too....

Old 03-24-2014, 10:23 PM
July 2013 ROTM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mounted and balance front and rear tires...

Old 03-25-2014, 01:11 PM

When I was leaving home the sky was ablaze with vibrant red and orange colors on the clouds from the sunset, when I got to the marina... missed by that much, it gets dark in minutes this time of the year so the pics aren`t exactly great, gotta try to get better ones later...

Old 03-25-2014, 03:17 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Threw the swingarm on to roll her around and clean her... hard work I tell ya

Old 03-26-2014, 05:07 AM

Not all today but…. Fitted a jet kit, picked up a K&N/Dynojet jet kit on fleabay for $55, bargain. It arrived and was an old kit that was packed in '93, after being sealed in a box 21 years it was almost a shame to open lol.

So I started to pull the tank noticed the petcock was leaking, great! Pulled it apart and yep the diaphragm had torn so ordered a rebuild kit overnight while I fitted the jet kit.

Finally got it all back together and I'm very impressed, I was a bit worried about running the K&N filter but the engine feels strong with no flat spots and a nice power gain. Should of jetted it years ago!

Old 03-26-2014, 11:51 AM

Just got in a 1996 honda cbr 600 f3 shock with 10k miles for 30 bucks. cant wait to put it on. my old shock sags like crazy considering it has 37k miles on it....

but hey, gonna build her up this summer!

Name:  shock.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  33.3 KB

Old 03-28-2014, 09:13 PM

Got some goodies in the mail today.
what did you do to your cbr-600F2 today??-20140328_211910.jpg

what did you do to your cbr-600F2 today??-20140328_212248.jpg
Recieved the new seals for the caliper pistons and went ahead and got new stainless bleeder valves and anodized banjo bolts. Didn't want to put the old hardware on the freshly painted calipers. Also got some stainless steel bolts to mount the caliper to the shocks from probolt. Will post more pics when I get it together.

Quick Reply: what did you do to your cbr-600F2 today??