CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

what did you do to your cbr-600F2 today??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice, Mattson! I think I have the same Biltema-exhaust...

Old 03-09-2014, 11:32 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Migge
Nice, Mattson! I think I have the same Biltema-exhaust...
Yea they were somewhat reasonably priced albeit not E-approved so I`m hoping the feds won`t razz me of em... The local shops didn`t even have any general superbike mufflers, all they had was some Lazer:s that cost like 360e per side! yea gimme four of those...

The left footrest hanger (coarsely) modded for the muffler, still gotta tidy it up later, today was just a proof of concept-type build...

Anyone planning to do the same (cut the luggage rod off of the hanger) have a welder at the ready, there is a breather hole in the pipe you gotta weld shut.

Almost lost my cool when I opened the second box today, THE LITTLE PLASTIC BAG HOLDING THE TWO CLAMPS WAS MISSING!!! And these were the last two so even going to complain wouldn`t do anything... So I decided to do what any proper fabricator would, bloody well make one myself! Lucky I had an aluminum flat bar and some self adhesive rubber mat stashed away so I could make one, not that pretty as it is completely bent freehand only using a rubber mallet for bending against and hammering the kinks, gotta doll that up too later.

Right side pipe welded...

...and cleaned (sorta)

The left hand side came out decent enough that I decided not to grind it, besides I might be doing it again later cause it`s hitting the chain when I`m not on the bike, and the muffler is forced at a slightly wrong angle.

I tacked a small dab into the base of the stand where it`s hitting the stopper and filed it down a bit, still could come up about 8-10mm or so but it`s good enough as is.

On the left hand pic you can clearly see the mufflers being a a slightly different angle, they point slightly outwards but the right one is a little more upright than the left.

I took it out and started it for the first time since last fall, it fired almost right up and sounds pretty darn good! Not too loud but louder than what it was, more...aggressive would probably best describe it. I was just about ready to go fetch my helmet and go for a ride when I saw a steady stream of fuel gushing out from under the motor. PUCK! Seems it`s coming from the #4 carb overflow so as it has been standing on the sidestand I`m assuming the float of the #4 carb is stuck! Perkele! Reeeeally wouldn`t care to do a carb job but seems like I`m looking at one Could probly do the sync too while I`m at it, so I`m gonna need a manometer... and new grip rubbers, those "metallic" ones look kinda goofy although they are great to be held...

To eBay!

Old 03-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks great man, not my bag but looks great.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:43 PM

Today I put my carbs back after having checked them for gunk (first carbwork, feeling proud) and replaced gaskets where the exhaust connects to the engine (first time I did that too).

Old 03-10-2014, 11:09 AM
July 2013 ROTM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice Mattson.. i never seen a F2 with twins and i must say im really loving it...

Old 03-10-2014, 11:09 AM
July 2013 ROTM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

replaced front brake switch on my F2

Old 03-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Originally Posted by squale147
very nice Mattson.. i never seen a F2 with twins and i must say im really loving it...
That kinda was the basic idea Gotta re-make the left side connecting pipe when I find the tighter weldable bends, both shops around me that sells them only had the 3" ones... and buy some carb cleaner...

Old 03-12-2014, 03:45 PM

Chim chimney, chim chimney, chim chim, cheree...

Solved the chain clearance issue, took a solid 1,5h of mutilating the three bends it will consist of, along with a few bloody knuckles but got it eventually. Still have to verify the position of the muffler before welding cause after that it will-not-move. Probly gonna be till Sunday when I have time to go continue...

...hmm, seems my swing could use a fresh coat of silver...

EDIT: ALSO, tried to find where my carbs are leaking from, I didn`t remove the tank or the airbox completely yet, but from what I could see, there are two plastic 90 degree bends where the two fuel lines connect to, if I suck a vacuum onto the petcock and wiggle the two connectors I can get the leak come and go, are there like O-rings I can replace or am I looking at rebuilding the whole carbs?

Last edited by Mattson; 03-12-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:18 PM

Don't take my word for it, but I think you can buy just that connector part...

Don't know if you speak/read Swedish but isn't this more or less what you need?
T-koppling KN

Old 03-12-2014, 04:26 PM

Förlåt men jag inte talar Svenska mycke väl or something toward that direction...

Well, it is a T-coupling, but more like this:

...and according to that pic, which BTW should be the very part, not one like it, should have replaceable O-rings. These go between the carbs and the fuel line from the tank connect to these.

EDIT: figured since I'm diving into the carbs might as well do it proper and ordered a Carbtune Pro four column manometer from Czech, should arrive next week.

Last edited by Mattson; 03-12-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Quick Reply: what did you do to your cbr-600F2 today??