CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

what did you do to your cbr-600F2 today??

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 09:10 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That DOES look great!

For me... rolled my race bike into the living room, as it's likely to be under freezing tonight and tomorrow night, though all of this last week was in the 70's and 80's, AND, we're also maybe getting an inch of snow.... friggin' SNOW!!!!!

I am SOOOOOO sick of this CRAP weather!!

Last edited by JNSRacing; 04-14-2014 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:11 AM
July 2013 ROTM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JNSRacing
That DOES look great!

For me... rolled my race bike into the living room, as it's likely to be under freezing tonight and tomorrow night, though all of this last week was in the 70's and 80's, AND, we're also maybe getting an inch of snow.... friggin' SNOW!!!!!

I am SOOOOOO sick of this CRAP weather!!
tell me about it... i have the same weather forecast and i took vacation this week because i have to rebuild the front end in my truck.. unreal the this year..

Old 04-15-2014, 10:15 AM
July 2013 ROTM

super job mattson... your bike was always super clean looking but it looks like you took it up a step... i love the stock paint on it as well...

Old 04-15-2014, 02:12 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by squale147
super job mattson... your bike was always super clean looking but it looks like you took it up a step... i love the stock paint on it as well...
Thanx man, yea it did came out a bit better what I expected myself, I`ll try to throw on the final gloss wax the coming weekend if I get myself well enough to be able to squat around the bike, ATM got a brace on my right knee and my back is killing me... I`ve said it before but that is IMO the best color scheme the F2 was ever made in, seemingly rare too, I`ve seen one other in the flesh, one otherwise the same but inverted colors and "rip-effect" outlines on some of the tapes and one briefly here but that`s it.

Probly gonna order some new bits on it during the weekend, I like the mirrors but they don`t like me, I`ve turned the bolts as tight as they will ever go and then some but the left one keeps turning back every time I hit 100km/h, I might try to glue it but doubt it will hold... Also gonna try to find better bar ends and grip rubbers, I like the grips but the "anodized" color is a bit... well, poof . They were the only red tubes () I could find then, and the same for the bar ends. Got a four day weekend coming with nothing much to do so might as well browse eBay.

Anyone know if I buy mirrors with LED indicators, will it slow my flash rate down with otherwise all filament bulbs and stock relay?

Last edited by Mattson; 04-15-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:07 AM
July 2013 ROTM

Originally Posted by Mattson
Thanx man, yea it did came out a bit better what I expected myself, I`ll try to throw on the final gloss wax the coming weekend if I get myself well enough to be able to squat around the bike, ATM got a brace on my right knee and my back is killing me... I`ve said it before but that is IMO the best color scheme the F2 was ever made in, seemingly rare too, I`ve seen one other in the flesh, one otherwise the same but inverted colors and "rip-effect" outlines on some of the tapes and one briefly here but that`s it.

Probly gonna order some new bits on it during the weekend, I like the mirrors but they don`t like me, I`ve turned the bolts as tight as they will ever go and then some but the left one keeps turning back every time I hit 100km/h, I might try to glue it but doubt it will hold... Also gonna try to find better bar ends and grip rubbers, I like the grips but the "anodized" color is a bit... well, poof . They were the only red tubes () I could find then, and the same for the bar ends. Got a four day weekend coming with nothing much to do so might as well browse eBay.

Anyone know if I buy mirrors with LED indicators, will it slow my flash rate down with otherwise all filament bulbs and stock relay?
sounds good... get yourself better and make sure to post up some pics when you get the last coat on..im thinking of doing the same to my F2 when im done working on it...i think you will be ok if you get led indicators mirrors... they pull such low amps that it should not slow down your flash speed at all...

Old 04-16-2014, 09:27 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mattson

I don't know about the mirrors, but I have a 600rr integrated led tail light and it hasn't slowed anything down...

Old 04-16-2014, 09:41 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Originally Posted by gtcole
I don't know about the mirrors, but I have a 600rr integrated led tail light and it hasn't slowed anything down...
...but you have removed the original rear indicators? The reason they might slow the blink rate is I'm adding a third pair of lights onto the circuit, but as said, every one watt of led power only add ,08 amps of load so a 3w led indicator draws 0,24 amps so I doubt it'll make any difference.

Gotta see what I find, wouldn't care to go through the hassle of wiring them cause I'm missing the tiny fairing bits that go to the fairing stay legs beside the gauges so the wires would show...

I doubt the final wax coat will add any more shine to the bike, it's more for the durability than bling...

Squale if you run your hand over the paint surface and it feels like sandpaper, like there would be small particles of road tar, sap or other crud on it then the claying would be a good move.

Last edited by Mattson; 04-16-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking amazing, Mattson. Wow, she sure is a stunner.

BTW, still waiting for the headlights. Apparently there have been some issues with logistics here in the Swedish postal service. Hopefully I get them tomorrow so I can start working on the bike during Easter. So anxious now.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:03 PM

Was actually thinking today that you should have received them already, wonder what gives... hopefully they arrive tomorrow!

Old 04-20-2014, 02:16 PM

Ordered new red shorty china levers, Harris/Ariete red/blk grips, still juggling between black weights with red end plates and red weights with blk plates...

EDIT: went for the blk w/ red ends.

Last edited by Mattson; 04-20-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Quick Reply: what did you do to your cbr-600F2 today??