CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 03:46 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me too.
I've got a set of wheels in the paint shop right now. Can't wait to have em back and as soon as I've replace the bearings and dust seals new rubber will be top of the agenda.
Now, do I take outlaws tip and go Shinko or will I try the Dunlop?
Been running Metzler since I've had her but I fancy a change.
Hmmmm....... choices choices.....decisions decisions......

Old 04-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Today was a very special time for me and the bike, I took the mrs for a spin tonight. strapped her feet on the pegs, hold on for dear life and she tasted a little hurricane..lol she doesn't mind me telling you that she is a parraphlegic and whislt it was a little tricky at first, getting on the bike etc, once on the move we were fine.. she was so excited that when we came to a stop she couldnt stop talking and real loud too..she absolutely loved it!

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-bb333.jpg  

Last edited by horse_power777; 04-03-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by HenryM
Me too.
I've got a set of wheels in the paint shop right now. Can't wait to have em back and as soon as I've replace the bearings and dust seals new rubber will be top of the agenda.
Now, do I take outlaws tip and go Shinko or will I try the Dunlop?
Been running Metzler since I've had her but I fancy a change.
Hmmmm....... choices choices.....decisions decisions......
All I have to say so far on the Shinkos, is that they are relatively cheap, they last along time, and if you do the research alot of riders are giving them good reviews. I like em so far(all of my 3 miles of riding on wet roads) they even have a pretty sporty design. Also I will take some pics today, and since it is sunny out I plan on scrubbing them in for a few miles. And start a Shinko 009 thread.

Hey horse_power, that is real awsome. It has taken me forever to get the wife out on the bike(she has hip/leg problems) she will hopefully be inspired by this. I hope your wife joins you on many more rides!

Old 04-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY

Originally Posted by horse_power777
Today was a very special time for me and the bike, I took the mrs for a spin tonight. strapped her feet on the pegs, hold on for dear life and she tasted a little hurricane..lol she doesn't mind me telling you that she is a parraphlegic and whislt it was a little tricky at first, getting on the bike etc, once on the move we were fine.. she was so excited that when we came to a stop she couldnt stop talking and real loud too..she absolutely loved it!

That is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Originally Posted by horse_power777
Wicked man!
They just don't know what the big deal is until they've felt a Hurricane at something over 5 grand. And we all know what that feels like when you want to get a move on. My missus loves it..... says it's much better than sitting on the washing machine.

Nice pic Horse! I love the way there's always a lawn mower in the background of bike pics. He he......
Lovely blue paint though man. Very nice.
No wonder she was talking loud. Gotta make everyone look.... and in your case, every good reason.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Default exhaust

today i pulled the pipes and put new gaskets in,no more leak now i can really hear click clack of engine

Old 04-03-2011, 03:11 PM
July 2014 ROTM
Thumbs up Busted up the A3 & M25 sunday drivers

Hi,
took the bike for a 130 mile round trip up the A3 & M25. Got annoyed at sunday drivers who block centre way so I couldn't filter in traffic, then sit at 68mph on the motorway in the fast lane. ANswer - run high revs and scare them outta the way!
Took a different route on th way back and cruised 120 down the motorway!
Smiles per mile count.
Got back, washed & cleaned bike ready for short run out tomorrow (day off)

Bugkiller

Old 04-03-2011, 05:29 PM

Ran the bike around a bit today to wear in the new rubber I installed. Then I sat around surfing the manual for stock jet sizes. Decided to pull the carbs to see if they were re-jetted (Been running like CRAP!!!) figured it needed new jets due to the 4-1 on it. Checked the jets and you she has a 124 main, so she has been jetted. But me being me I figured I would check the pilot jet as well and when I pulled it, you could not see through it(so the previous owner may have done a cleaning on the carbs, but not as thorough as I am) so I took a needle to it and cleaned it up real good. Then I decided to re-bench sync the carbs and put the carbs back in the bike. And wouldn’t ya know it she ran like a champ!! so WAHOO!!!!! After doing a victory lap around my neighborhood, I went to grab the faulty front turn signal so I could replace the bulb. While feeling around in the front fairing I felt a wire that was disconnected, so being the genius that I am I plugged it in and wouldn’t ya know it the dang thing worked. Hooray!!!! So I am pretty proud of myself and the work I have accomplished on my bike today.

Last edited by outlawfox13; 04-03-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by HenryM
Wicked man!
They just don't know what the big deal is until they've felt a Hurricane at something over 5 grand. And we all know what that feels like when you want to get a move on. My missus loves it..... says it's much better than sitting on the washing machine
Nice pic Horse! I love the way there's always a lawn mower in the background of bike pics. He he......
Lovely blue paint though man. Very nice.
No wonder she was talking loud. Gotta make everyone look.... and in your case, every good reason.
thanks guys thanks Henry..yeah maybe now she can stop hanging near the laundry machine and get get on a 1000f lol.. Rode in again to work today , was enjoying the ride so much just wanted to call in sick and keep riding.. I love this bike

Old 04-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Default cbr 1000f,went in garage ,looked at it and orgasmed

just got my first cbr1000f, a 95 model with 35,000 on it ,pretty well looked after,and a lady owner most of its life,fitted new chain and sprockets ,oil and filter,and had left hand exhaust repaired,old sprockets were not too bad but chain was shot,not had a bike for around thirty years ,and bought a 535 virago to get back into it ,but soon realised this was a mistake , a pretty bike ,but hopeless on a motorway.
my cbr i absolutely love, a real bike ,long solid, heavy ,comfortable,good looking , and still goes like hell .At 56 years old ,and an ex wife later ,never thought i would fall in love again ,but only have to look in the garage and am on top of the world again ,roll on summer
Was reading some posts on a guy having probs after doing cam tensioner change ,thinking of scrapping it for parts ,so glad to hear you got it sorted ,to scrap one of these beasts would be almost criminal unless it was unrepairable, as mr m`cdonald would say -- i`m loving it

Quick Reply: What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?