Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My girlfriend is giving me an ultimatum: her or the bike..

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 10:57 PM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
girls cause stress bike relieve it lol
same goes for the guys ha ha

Old 03-30-2011, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
girls cause stress bike relieve it lol
+1 and a loud amen!

(present company excluded, of course.)

Old 03-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Krux
Money talks. Money is what makes and breaks relationships. If I was a chick and a guy was buying toys all the time. I would double think if he was ready to get serious with me. Obviously that's what most women want. That's great your wife's and girlfriends support you..doesn't mean all will.
ya... buying new bikes all the time would show you that someone isn't financially sound. he didn't say he bought bikes all the time or blew all of his money on them. ya he's had a few, but he's been riding a while.

having a bike and riding it doesn't mean you're blowing your money on toys all the time. just means you like to do something... i think a lot of it has a lot to do with where you live vs. where i live. you're in minnesota, im in SW florida (where the twins have spring training ). i ride all year around, its my main form of transportation. and i'm sure up there, you're riding 6 mo. best case scenario right?

either way, money has nothing to do with this topic as far as i'm concerned. if you blow all of your money on your bike... then thats what you do, that probably won't change if you give up riding. you'll find something else to blow all of your money on. being in a stable relationship when you've got the mortgage, car payments, bills, etc. means not blowing your money on anything (even the wife). i have a bike, but its not a money pit in my eyes. its a much more fun, and cheaper form of transportation.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Conrice: He admitted he had 6 bikes in the last 3 years. Accoridng to his profile he is from New Jersey. Hence 6 months of the year riding so that mean 1 bike per 3 months.

So why does it matter if I live in Minnesota. There are people riding year around. Plus depending on a person's situation. They might need a car more than they need a bike.

If your going for cheap transportation. There is always a geo metro. Get better gas mileage and there tires last a lot longer than your bikes.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:54 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

geo metro.... isnt that a money pit.....always somthing that you have to replace on that thing.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:19 PM

post pics of both the bike and girl. then we will vote lol hahaha

Old 03-30-2011, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Krux
Personally I will be giving up my bike because of my relationship with the girl. In two years if we get in engaged I am selling it. I feel that it will be time to move on and not only think about myself..but us. I am assuming your girl is thinking about the us factor vs just yourself. Could be a test to see if your finical good with money to. If your out spending all the time on toys who is to say you change in the future.

sorry man, thats the worst thing ive ever heard....riding is a way of life...not something you can just move on from...the financial thing is a crock too...thats like tellin her she cant get her hair done, go shopping for new shoes, clothes and makeup, those are her 'toys' and i gaurentee if u tell her its those or you, start packin your crap...jmo tho

Old 03-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 03-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Some live it, others well we wont go into that

Old 03-30-2011, 08:32 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by regener8ed
This reminds me of Anthrax song Finale. lol (I used to be a metal head) What funny is this song was about a guy married a girl, but she took his life away. And yes, they did sing " I drink 3 six pack just so I can look at your face" ha ha

Disclaimer: I have no intention to say that this is the case. for people here. I am sure everybody's girlfriends/wives are very nice and respectful.

If we don't give up our passion for the sake of love, that same love can last and grow. Right? guys or girls who have been happily married for a while ?

Quick Reply: My girlfriend is giving me an ultimatum: her or the bike..