Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My girlfriend is giving me an ultimatum: her or the bike..

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
Move on??? Sorry riding is not something I will just move on from. I will be riding until I physically can not ride anymore. Now I'm not saying you are wrong for doing so, but make sure it is what you want and not just a what she wants you to do thing .
Its a piece of metal that's how I looked at it. When I was younger I would be thinking I was nuts but now days its meh to me.

Oh if you don't think I love anything with a motor. I am moderate for two car forums, major in automotive and have been known to build bike's and cars that come out show quality.

Really think about giving up your girlfriend for a bike. If you have been with her for a while and actually love her. You can always buy a bike later..but not your girlfriend.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
the only way i'm gettin off two wheels is if i've been shoved off the mortal coil. my wife knows that. she understands that it's part of who i am. your significant other should inspire you to do more with your life, not make you give things up that help define you as a person in order to test your responsibility as a possible future husband and father.
Money talks. Money is what makes and breaks relationships. If I was a chick and a guy was buying toys all the time. I would double think if he was ready to get serious with me. Obviously that's what most women want. That's great your wife's and girlfriends support you..doesn't mean all will.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:34 PM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should start a new tread "I gave him ultimatum for not supportive of me riding" lol Everybody is different on what riding means to them. If your gf or bf means way more than your riding, then yes, by all means, sell your bike and quit.

But.... if you love someone unconditionally to be with rest of your life, you have to love everything about that person, including but not limited to.. riding his/her bike and having fun without you!!! If you only love him/her under certain condition, then it will not going to last. Of course, you can give her chance and if it doesn't work out down the road, you can get another bike and get back into riding again.

You can have your bike and ride, but not treat it as black hole on the land! You can still save money instead of spending on your bike. All the mods and upgrades are OPTIONAL.

My 2 cents

Old 03-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Krux
Its a piece of metal that's how I looked at it. When I was younger I would be thinking I was nuts but now days its meh to me.

Oh if you don't think I love anything with a motor. I am moderate for two car forums, major in automotive and have been known to build bike's and cars that come out show quality.

Really think about giving up your girlfriend for a bike. If you have been with her for a while and actually love her. You can always buy a bike later..but not your girlfriend.
Theres a difference and giving up a bike for financial reasons, etc, and giving up riding. Yea I'd give up a bike (and have kinda) to help with bills etc. But I will not give up riding because for anyone or if anyone tells me I have too. Thats not compromise, thats caving in to demands of someones else. I've gave alot of toys up because I could not afford them or needed to worry about other things instead, but that doesnt mean when I can afford them again I wont start again with them

Oh and if someone loves you for who you are, they wont be asking you to give up something you love anyhow. Nor should they be playing games and testing you. Doing lil test to see how you react/act is playing games and the beotch needs to hit the curb anyways (NOT AIMED AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR)

Last edited by PlayfulGod; 03-28-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:42 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Money talks. Money is what makes and breaks relationships. If I was a chick and a guy was buying toys all the time. I would double think if he was ready to get serious with me. Obviously that's what most women want. That's great your wife's and girlfriends support you..doesn't mean all will.
Ummm. Why the girls need to be taken care of by guys????? Girls are not that pathetic. We can make out own living. I guess I am way too independent, because I will not want to be someone's pet. I rather have my own money

Union of two people are not binded by money. It is more spiritual than that. Yes, tlots of relationship fail because of the money issue, because there is nothing but money as foundation of the relationship. Ask anybody who's been married for long happy years. They will tell you. Taking caring your loved ones come out from your heart, not as a requirement. Both of you should have your own money, unless she has your babies and is taking care of them and house and cooking etc

Last edited by yumoncbr; 03-28-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If they worry about money that much they dont want to be with me no how lol. Money is the last thing on my priority list. Yes I like to have nice things, bikes, cars, live in a nice house etc, but I will not let money rule my life!

Old 03-28-2011, 01:49 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
I will not let money rule my life!
+1 Money is just money.. you still have to have yourself with or without it

Old 03-29-2011, 06:08 AM

You two make good points which most people can see.

Yumoncbr: That's great your independent but most girls aren't like that. Again since your into bikes you will side with the biker more than just a normal girls. I like your first point on if they mean more than give up riding. Remember its only metal. On the second part about money. If you don't care about money just paypal me some right now since its kind of hard to live in this world without money. You don't need to be uber rich but it's nice to know your retiring some day. You make good points on your topic which is cool and good to see.

Playfulgod: So you seen the finical part..maybe this is what he is having or his girl is seeing? We don't know and need to know..but we can't quick to judge that she is a bad person because of this. Glad money isn't a issue for you.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:02 AM

holy crap girls dont like bikes? damn..guess ima be alone or gay

Old 03-29-2011, 11:34 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Krux: Not to give everybody here my life story, but I came to US right after high school. I have been on my own ever since then. My parents wanted me to come back, so I never asked them for money. There was a time when I only had coins left in my wallet with no bank account. (but life was still fun back then) I was brought up with an idea of "Compassion is to give encouragement to people, compassion is not to feel sorry for them" I did find with my experience that feeling sorry and helping them out is only short term relief and not a long term one.

Also we should all remember you cannot save someone drowing if you are drawing too. In another word, if you are not happy with yourself, you cannot make someone happy. Your happiness come from within, not from some other person.

Like everybody said compromise is necessary when 2 people decided to share their life together. If it is money problem and she is making him get rid of his toys, is she also giving up her pedicure, gucci bags, etc? One cannot expect other to give up something but keeps same life for herself or himself. That is not compromise.

But if he is no longer interested in riding, then ya give it up. Don't dwell on it. We all know what we want deep down, right?

I hope I don't sound like I am preaching I just wish everybody is happy whatever they are doing.

Bad600rr: There are guys that don't like girls having bike too!!

Quick Reply: My girlfriend is giving me an ultimatum: her or the bike..