Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My girlfriend is giving me an ultimatum: her or the bike..

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with a lot of opinions and ideas on here concerning this thread but what i got out of alexs last post its not at all about him riding its about him buying all these bikes just to turn around and sell it a month later. i'm sure if he would make his mind up and get a bike that he truly wants to keep she might be a little more understanding. but thats just my thoughts on it cause i know my wife would have a problem with me not comitting to a purchase and sticking with it buying bike after bike

Old 03-31-2011, 06:18 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by Hangfire
it applies to anything you do in life. And she knows, just as I do, that choosing to be with someone means choosing to be with the person who exists... not the person you can try to make them into.
+1

Old 03-31-2011, 06:40 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by brveagle
Umm, did you read any of this thread? Every guy is macho in regards to telling his old lady the bike comes first...
whoa... i didn't say the bike comes first. i don't recall anyone else saying that either. but my wife fell in love with and married a biker. thats first and foremost - who i was as a person before i met her... and i still am for the most part. thats who she fell in love with and married. i fell in love with and married her because she supported me and understood who i was.

i guess instead of me being a "macho", i just know that there are things that i'd never ask my wife to change/give up, and that she'd never ask me to change and give up. i'm not into modifying my girl or relationship - just my bike.

and i've found so far that its good advice for anyone entering a serious relationship

Old 03-31-2011, 07:32 PM

To the guy who asked what happened... Well last Saturday I bought my f4i!! All she said was "hope u keep it around this time" but she's still around. Let the record show... If I wouldn't have crashed my f4i in 09 I'd probably still have it. After the crash I bought a cruiser... It was gay... Sold it. Then I bought a z1000. It was OK. Sold it to buy a car. Now that I have a car I feel like riding again. This time I didn't want to venture off into some unknown bike so I decided to buy a bike that I already knew I loved.... The f4i!

Old 03-31-2011, 07:34 PM

Nick,

I'm in union county. How bout u?

Old 03-31-2011, 07:52 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by Alex F.
All she said was "hope u keep it around this time" but she's still around.
Maybe you just overreacted when you post this tread.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:01 PM

She also calls it the "enemy" lol

Old 03-31-2011, 08:11 PM
August 2011 ROTM

LOL your bike is another woman in her mind. well sounds like she understand that riding is your passion!! If she is still sticking around, then she might be a keeper

Quick Reply: My girlfriend is giving me an ultimatum: her or the bike..