Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

hey gun people

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hey gun people

10 ga arent that hard to find but they are more expensive. im not one to compalin about the kick of a gun... i have been shooting some massive12 ga handloads since i was a 80 lb. 11 yr old weakling duck hunting. but dang, the muzzle climb on a 10 ga (even on a long barrel, i think 28 inch) is huge.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Hb is absolutely correct 10 gauge ammo is widely available especially around Turkey and Duck season. Sorry juggernaut it took me so long to get back to all of you guys Hb the video clip you sent me in my opinion. It was operator malfunction. And if you think the muzzle jump on a 10 ga single shot, pump or bolt action is bad. You are to try a semi-automatic in rapid succession with a 18 in barrel

Juggernaut I wanted to make a phone call or two before trying to answer your question about the 10 mm AR in fact colt actually produced these kits because of the anticipated need for them for law enforcement use after the FBI made the switch to the 10 mm. Colt was apparently aware of the fact that H&K was producing the MP 5 in 10 mm and hoping to cash in on the success they had had with their 9 mm drop in kits with its big brother the 10 mm unfortunately, this is about the same time the ban was in effect on high cap mags. So they were unavailable to the civilian market because of the fact the stick mags were 30 or 40 rds. I hear colt is still sitting on most all of them and offered a huge discount to some distributors to try to market them back in 2002 which was a little bit before. We tested their conversion kits. So they are out there, wouldn't mind having one myself. So I ask the third guy, I talk to, to see if he could run one down for me. If he does come up with a source for them. I will be happy to e-mail you are post, which distributors have them

Old 10-07-2007, 11:21 PM

Got a Mossburg 590 Military and a 500 cruiser. Both 12's. Glock modle 22 .40s&w and a Bretta modle 96 .40s&w. A few .22s for plinking. Ruger Mini 14 ranch rifle .223 with three30 round clips and folding stock.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:49 AM

Hardcorp, thanks for the reply!

Old 10-08-2007, 07:39 PM

ORIGINAL: transambird_2000

Alright i have seen a lot of post on here about guns. Deer hunting is the only kind of hunting i do and it's just for the cheap meat. I own a few rifles, but no pistols and was thinking about getting one. Not really sure what to get so i figured i would ask you folks about it. I was thing about just getting one to have around the house for protection mostly. Would probly go to the range on accasion, but at the moment i don't plan on making it a hobby. I thinking a semiauto that was small enough my girlfriend could shoot it without being to much of a pain.(just in case something happens), but something thats got good nockdown power. Also what kind of money am i talking about. Whats the good price for a pistol.

Anybody got some suggestions i would appriciate them

thanks

You want a good, dependable, and affordable handgun? Get a Glock. They have one in every flavor, 9mm to .357. I would recommend the Glock 19 9mm, It's compact and surely something your lady can handle. And it's 13 rd capasitys not a bad thing. A new one can be had for about $500. Any questions about their dependability check this out. http://www.theprepared.com/index.php...id=90&Item

Old 10-08-2007, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

You are to try a semi-automatic in rapid succession with a 18 in barrel

yah the one i shot was a autoloader, i shot fast, but man i could only imagine how it would climb with an 18inch lol.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Friend and Hero ...

I discussed earlier, in one of my posta round manufactured by Horizons Unlimited and refer to it as the Annihilotorit is actually known as the heavyweight round here is the factory brochure on it hope you enjoy it
Sorry For The Mistake

[/align]

HORIZONS UNLIMITED[/align]

NEW PRODUCT INFORMATION[/align]

Horizons Unlimited, in its never-ending quest to provide state of the art' products for its customers, Now offers the Power Plus HEAVYWEIGHT ammunition.
[/align]

In 9mm it is a 158 grain, jacketed boattail hollowpoint. The HEAVYWEIGHT consists of a solid lead core penetrator topped by a three-piece frangible tip.[/align]

Upon striking the target, the HEAVYWEIGHT bullet expands, releasing the three piece tip that travel at a 45 degree, angle from the standard bullet path. The frangible pieces form a "Y" configuration with the solid penetrator follow­-ing. The frangible pieces leave three. permanent wound channels through the temporary cavity while the solid core, expands to .50 caliber. The' permanent wound channels cause more serious injury due to the likelihood of striking vitals than does standard ammunition.

Total penetration is 13-14 inches as tested in type 250A
ordnance gelatin at 10% concentration.
VELOCITY IS 1000 FPS [/align]

The HEAVYWEIGHT is also available in .45 ACP. It is a 275 grain jacketed rebated boattail hollowpoint that
travels at 925 FPS. The .45 penetrates ordnance gelatin approximately 15 inches with expansion from .70 to .78 caliber.[/align]

Both HEAVYWEIGHT rounds are subsonic. Each utilizes a serrated jacket for more uniform expansion. The' HEAVYWEIGHT has been tested with positive results by the u.s. Customs Service and representatives of U.S. Military organizations.[/align]

I have enclosed’ I catalog, including dealer pricing.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call. We are looking forward to a long and fruitful business relationship.[/align]
[/align][/align]

Old 10-09-2007, 05:07 PM

Eye candy

[IMG]local://upfiles/18845/7EE75AB44A2846378F700D2A8717B07F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Friend and Hero ...

absolutely nothing wrong with a littleEye Candy have posted several pictures here myself like that M1A1 I got one myself it's been glass beaded , custom barrels which has been lapped and of course some trigger work done on it and a government issue scope mount with a shepherd

so just embed the pic and leave it looks good everyone needs somethingdrool at lo

lIMG]local://upfiles/18845/7EE75AB44A2846378F700D2A8717B07F.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by HARDCORP 8654; 08-30-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Friend and Hero ...

It only took one more phone call to someone in the civilian world. To put me on the right track. Here you go guys, if you're looking for the 10 mm upper the second link is concerning higher capability magazines and how to make them up yourself it seems that Colt can't release the ones it manufactured back doing the ban except to law enforcement. And no one else is manufacturing high cap mags.

http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?pag...&Itemid=37

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18123

back to that annihilator thing. Here is a couple of pictures of the round and what it could do to a 1' x 1' clay SOILD block setting on top of a 55 gallon drum. I blow the information up for you and am putting it hereand the page under it

The ANNIHILATOR-X is a jacketed projected with a large internal cavity loaded with smoke-flash compound and detonator the large internal cavity design allows more room to maximun payload capacity. The special design and extra capability allows for the smoke-flash effect on target to be greater than with any conventional explosive incendiary load. The shielded detonator design protects the detonator and makes this round safe for use in semi automatic and full automatic weapons

Quick Reply: hey gun people