Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

hey gun people

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hey gun people

It has NO real-world, at home protection aspect, but for "fun", I haven't had more joy at sending lead (and money) down a range than with my .50ae Desert Eagle. Sure, the things a boat... it weighs a ton. Sure, it costs me as much PER SHOT as it costs to dump an entire extended, 15 round clip of 9mm ammo from my Beretta. Sure, the actual COST of the gun itself is rediculous. And finally, sure the thing (if your a right handed shooter) will dump the spent cartridge right back into your forhead (actual cut me to bleeding once when I used a rental for the first time) if you don't keep a firm grip on it (which is hillarious too, I bring a special hat that drops down over your forehead for people who I let shoot it that don't know how or have never done it before). That being said, I still love it. The raw shockwave, the rediculous muzzle flash, the SUPRISING accuracy (they really are very accurate firearms and designed to be a large game and target shooting gun), the silence that comes over the shooting range when you send the first bullet down range (such a waste to put holes in paper, I admit), the relatively low kick (thanks to the weight mainly)... I simply love the thing. I'd wanted one since I was a kid, did plenty of research before I bought it, and still got one. No, I didn't get it for home protection (the collateral damage after I hit my mark would be rediculous, we'd both be blinded at nighttime from the muzzle flash, and the 50-cal's only got 7+1 shots and shooting them in very-quick succession and keeping it accurately on a ranged target is beyond my shooting ability), I didn't get it to carry on me (it's too big for conceal-to-carry here in Oklahoma), I just got it for fun, because I wanted it. If you ever get a chance to shoot one (even if you don't want to spend the money to get one), I suggest you try it at least once. You may hate everything about it, you may think it's hillarious fun, who knows. Haha, anyways, no idea what got me going on that... sometimes you just gotta get something because you WANT it... not because you need it I guess.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Well we have used this thread.For posting some pictures lol and a lot of discussion about the 10 mm and the AR platform. So Just wanted to let you guys know, those of us who were talking about the 10 mm upper from Olympic arms for the AR platform. We had all said we would like to put it on a Christmas list. Well, at the moment they are completely out of stock. Yes, they were available two months ago when we were talking about it. Apparently they only ran up about 1500 to sell as conversion units and about the same number for complete weapons platforms. So swtpoet, ask if I would be happy with a complete one and not just the upper LOL I SAID " As Hard As It Is to Accept Yes That Would Be Just Fine" LOL. So I'm going to order it as soon as I return to Georgia

Would also like to thank you for posting this. I will keep my eye out for it to hit the market

ORIGINAL: Flightmedic954

yea the 416 (better yet 417) is quite nice
not quite the same price though...
I understand, in spite of them saying that they are not going to offer a civilian version,
they have announced they they will, begun to manufacture the barrels in USofA
which will allow them to sell to public
price has not been stated yet
but hoofu(kinrah, ay
I will have one of each, whatever the cost

Old 11-28-2007, 06:23 PM

Try a baby eagle, it's military issue, and it's good for a girl. Plus you won't look like a pansy shooting it.

I got mine new for about $300, but then again i buy guns all the time from these guys, so you would prbly, walking into a shop, find one for around $400.

I looked around for months before I settled on this one. I love it.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: laxbuellgirl

Try a baby eagle, it's military issue, and it's good for a girl. Plus you won't look like a pansy shooting it.

I got mine new for about $300, but then again i buy guns all the time from these guys, so you would prbly, walking into a shop, find one for around $400.

I looked around for months before I settled on this one. I love it.
damn I didn't figure you for anything less than the 50 caliber H^ll Redd gots pics of her handling one on her myspace page oh well guess whatever you're comfortable with

Old 12-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Old 12-02-2007, 12:53 PM

Sig P226 9MM, +P+ Black Talons. Break into my house. I know a few fire and police guys that are dead set on their sawed-off .410's and 20 ga's though.

Hey Lrn2Go, You police? or do you use a public range?

Old 12-03-2007, 01:22 PM

Name:  vls.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  39.7 KB

sorry im really bored at school.... thats my fav gun, remy 700 vls .223, thats a pretty old pic too

Old 12-04-2007, 09:40 AM

I picked up an old Mosin Nagant M44 for $60 at a gun show. Not the best for HD but if the concusion from the 7.62 x 54 doesn't take you both down or send them running, it has a swing out bayonet on the end...

I like taking it to the range, everyone turns and looks when you shoot the first round.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Friend and Hero ...

bump to an oldie but a goodie sorry fishfry or hell this one

https://cbrforum.com/m_314189/tm.htm

Old 04-01-2008, 02:20 PM

Use what I got for home defense:

Quick Reply: hey gun people