Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

hey gun people

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: hey gun people

Not a big fan of the berettas either ... ceptin for their shotguns. Personal carry is the Glock 27 ... nice and tight and a .40 cal. Admitted it ain't a 10MM but with the +P HP it's effective. For the wifey for purely emergency home defense she has the Takarov 7.62X25. The round is hot but the frame has sufficient mass to keep it on target for at least 3 shots with a panty waste at the helm. Plus the wifey ain't no slouch at handling a gun.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I carry USP 40 company issue, stateside when required I carry the 1026 Smith. The rest of the time, and as far as the shotgun goes the rate of fire is unreal. But what is dumbfounding is the lack of recoil and those nice new rounds, which are usable in any shotgun

Old 11-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had a 5904 Smith ... great weapon. Prolly fired 20K rounds through it with no malfunctions. Sold it because we were cash poor way back when ... never sell your toys[:@]

Old 11-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Friend and Hero ...

I hear that chain. I'm 100% behind you on that one will not start down the road, whether or not, there is such a thing as Gulf War syndrome. But if it exists. My favorite uncle truly suffered and still is. He spent 35 years in uniform was the picture of health now days he could not walk across a room. But that's neither here nor there, the story has to do with a particular M14. When logistics permitted. We would meet for a little bit of family competition and played a game at 125 yards, with multiple targets, and high speed shooting. I will try to explain how the game is played. He kind of made it up let's just say if he missed the target, which was rare. I had to take it and the next one was his but if nobody missed. You just keep going in rotation, hitting the next target in line directly behind each other. He had a hand built M 14 with custom barrel, which had been lapped chronically hardened and glass beaded, custom hand worked bolt face, custom trigger work. Adjustable stock, and etc. etc. etc. after being forced to leave the Marine Corps. Now make no mistake he had a penchant and medical benefits. But sometimes with other family complications that doesn't cover everything. He found himself in extremely hard times, and I heard through the grapevine. He was trying to sell his pride and joy. The M 14 I could not bear to see him part with it. So I took possession of a bill of sale for $4200, which said the weapon belong to me and let him keep possession of the weapon. When he passes away. I will take possession of that weapon some of my fondest memories were of my early years in the Marine Corps. Meeting him for those 3500 to 5000 round days. Yes that's right to picnic tables stacked down full of hardware for a wonderful Saturday afternoon family get-together. I could not have imagined him ever having to part with that M14

BTW I just had a mini 30 Ruger re-barreled for being slapped were out. I think Ruger's reliability ranks right up there with Smith & Wesson

Old 11-21-2008, 12:09 AM

i keep an XD 40 in the bedroom with a tac light and internal laser. i have never sold a toy but i just traded my 30-06 hunting rifle for a 1997 F3

Old 11-21-2008, 12:38 AM
Friend and Hero ...

Don't keep anything bed side I'm fairly confident in my other training to handle anything that close and would notwant to risk a round over penetrating the walls are accidentally injuring anyone other than the intended target have absolutely no need for lights and quite capable of maneuvering in complete darkness In this housethe little lady runs a tight ship. So things are kept put away, and I won't make a sound untilI strike and am a very light sleeper. But all of these are just consequences of the profession LOL

Old 11-21-2008, 12:53 AM

i keep my XD in a small keyed safe in the closet. the key is always close by. i live in a tiny house so i can hear anything that happens. i also have a giant dog that knows when people are coming to the door before they know they are coming to my door

Old 11-21-2008, 04:28 AM
Friend and Hero ...

If only 3

If I could only have 3 firearms consisting of 1 rifle, 1 shotgun, and 1 handgun these would be my choices the Hk 91 damn near indestructible. 100% reliable and a ton of available ammo here's the biggest shocker of all if you know me well. The Ruger P89 9 mm. Yes, I absolutely hate the 9 mm but 9 mm is a little less expensive and offers worldwide availability for ammo Ruger done nothing but enhance the p series with the 89. It was submitted for government testing when the Beretta was chosen and was the only. Oddly enough, 9 mm to have its barrel blocked with a bolt and a round fired and the only thing that had to be replaced was the barrel. They beat the slide off replace the barrel and put it back into service. Nothing else tested that day passed that test. Nothing from HK or Beretta its rugged, well-built and widely available with not a hell of a lot of overuse in most cases custom parts are available, though most of them can only be bought from thirdhand vendors now. Andwhen deployed with the proper double tap method. It is effective with the right ammunition. As for shotguns me and shocktroop are on the same page Mossberg M 590 anybody that's under the misconception. It's a beefed up 500 better go back to the drawing board. It was built for law-enforcement and the Marine Corps. Just do your homework on it. There are lots of options and variations that were available pick the right one for your purpose. But all variations come standard with the bayonet lug LOL.

With the rifle I went for high-quality high reliability and accessible ammo and if I've only got one rifle in the gun cabinet. It's going to be a 30 caliber. So the only other option. I see is the FN FAL the only battle rifle fielded by 78 different countries for the one and only handgun. And I see it only as a backup to the rifle and the shotgun. I went for the economical, reliable, easily accessible time and again tried proved Ruger P89. I could list 50 reasons why somebody on a budget would grab this up. Just find an old one that's been tricked out and play with it. I'm talking about with a federal ordinance, extended barrel custom grips a laser sight, and hell throw in one of those USA 32 round mags, and you've got a cowboy gun. You know, one of those old TV western sixguns they never reload. And loaded with the right ammo and effectively deployed with the proper double tap technique. It can be effective as a last-ditch weapon personal opinion but here's another serious fact for you to consider it is pre-band. HI Capability yes, the band is over with, but they passed a sunset law and for you guys unaware of the facts. If you're running around with a handgun or assault rifle. They came with a low cap mag, and you have picked up a high cap mag to replace it with. Guess what, you just violated a federal law. The original law applies to the weapons manufactured during that timeframe, and they cannot legally be modified except for assault weapons, where they had incorporated at least 10 US manufactured parts. So just because the moratorium is up, doesn't mean everything is legal. Anything manufactured after the original high cap moratorium ended is legal. Anything before the moratorium is legal. Anything manufactured that came with a 10 round or lower capability magazine during the dark years will never be legal for civilians to modify. By placing a higher capability, magazine in it. Do you understand And if you think this is a law that's going to be ignored. Let me just stress this fact to you. There are lot of law enforcement that passed through my company training centers. And this is about to become a real hot topic a computer data bases already being compiled and will be available online nationwide to all law enforcement departments by 2010, which means that in a traffic stop for you guys carrying legally. If the model number of your weapon comes back as a low cap (10 round) model, and you've got a 15 round mag crammed in it. You just committed a felony, probably two if I am thinking correctly, and you're on your way to jail . The only other option I see is get ready to spend some money. Pick up the Glock full-sized 10 mm if you can find it or one of the three Smith models or even the Springfield 10 mm and invest in a good reloader and fear not. You're packing dirty hairy knockdown power every time you gear up and spent a lot of time at the range. Learning to deal with the felt recoil and target acquisition that's the big thing with the 9 mm. Even your grandma can master it pretty quick. As far as the shotgun goes the M590 12 gauge is about as versatile a shotgun available on the market and Mossberg poured a lot of hard effort and time into winning that government contract. Second choice behind the Mossberg would be the old street sweeper. LOL so go ahead and see the BATF fill out the paperwork for destructive device and get yourself one, if you can even find one. Hell I remember seeing them being sold for 250 bucks. The registration will cost you about that much now. Or hell, maybe those nice Democrats will repeal the November 1986 ban and you get yourself. AA 12

Old 11-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Friend and Hero ...

The shotgun is one hell of a new piece of technology, but it's been in development for almost 15 years he just got a little bit extra cash from the test facility hint hint.

As far as the Rambo thing goes. Please don't put me in that category in came into my combat hole I would have to shoot him his tactics are nuts. And I'm not even going to start down that road

BTW, I have a few old friends working for the government and your country, who live in Newcastle, which is pacemakers hometown, where are you

Quick Reply: hey gun people