Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

hey gun people

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hey gun people

Here's a good vid of telling the difference between an "assualt" rifle and a semi-auto rifle. Stupid media.

http://thatvideosite.com/video/4101

Old 11-10-2007, 09:40 AM

Yeah. Heres what my government says I cant have. Frankly I agree with them. Being able to have concealed or automatic firearms is not a good thing. Thats what the police are for.

The Criminal Code states that a prohibited firearm is: [ul][*] a handgun with a barrel length of 105 mm (4.1 inches) or less;[*] a handgun designed or adapted to discharge 25 or 32 calibre ammunition;[*] a rifle or shotgun that has been altered to make it less than 660 mm (26 inches) in overall length;[*] a rifle or shotgun that has been altered to make the barrel length less than 457 mm (18 inches) where the overall firearm length is 660 mm (26 inches) or more;[*] an automatic firearm and a converted automatic firearm;[*] any firearm prescribed as prohibited.[/ul]The prohibited list is long, so i wont put that in. Any shotgun like the SPAS and such that is primarily designed for military units etc, and any variant whatsoever of the Kalashnikof. There are a lot more.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Old 11-15-2007, 02:36 PM

man i have a suggestion for you, i bought a 20ga tactical shot gun. i do not know about you, but my woman cannot aim for ****, and this is perfect for her. i put a pistol grip on in and that makes it much more agile and easy to handle for her. that is just my two cents though.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Harry

Yeah. Heres what my government says I cant have. Frankly I agree with them. Being able to have concealed or automatic firearms is not a good thing. Thats what the police are for.
that may be all well and good in canada, where you have a better chance of getting bitten by thevampireghost ofjoseph stalinthan you do being shot and or having your home invaded. as opposed to the city i grew up in, which has more murders andviolent crimes reported per yearthan manyentire countries including canada.not sure how things work up there, butin america the police can't do anything until after the fact, thats just how it works, something happens and THEN you call the police. when's the last time you had a pistol pointed in your face and "da da daaaaa!" the police whipped around the corner to save the day? never personally the case for me unfortunately. as far as automatic firearms are concerned, im with you.but concealed handgun carry is one of my dearest privelages of being from the state of louisiana. but it all depends on the environment where you come fromi suppose.

just sayin.. lol

Old 11-15-2007, 03:41 PM

yeah i understand. its a bit of chicken and egg syndrome as well. you cant give up your guns because you need protection but the very laws that allow you to get guns also allow the criminals to get them easily.

lol talk abotu differences, some guy robbed a place the other night with a pocket knife and sprayed missus in the face with some cleaner, not sure why, but thats stupidity for ya.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:37 PM

yeah i understand. its a bit of chicken and egg syndrome as well. you cant give up your guns because you need protection but the very laws that allow you to get guns also allow the criminals to get them easily.
most criminals do not legaly buy guns silly. you should do some research b4 you speak so matter of factly.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

most criminals do not legaly buy guns silly. you should do some research b4 you speak so matter of factly.
I also think it would be easier for a criminal to get a stolen gun than to go through the traditional means of acquiring a weapon.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:01 AM

Both true comments, I just assume its easier to get a gun,especially a handgun, in a country thats awash in them. Legal or not, there are just so many floating around.

I'm not advocating gun control in the states or anything though, I know it'd be an uphill battle. And the unregistered guns that wouldn't be controlled are the ones you have to be worried about, so the criminals would have a huge advantage.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

Want to make something clear here. Not saying there's anything wrong with the M4 but if there is a better piece of hardware out there at the same price. Why not give it equal fielding time for everyone if Socom has put it through its paces. It should be the real deal. And since we've been talking about AR platform going to cross my fingers and hope H&K offers it in a civilian version like to add this upper to my collection also

http://www.militarytimes.com/multime...eo/newcarbine/
yea the 416 (better yet 417) is quite nice
not quite the same price though...
I understand, in spite of them saying that they are not going to offer a civilian version,
they have announced they they will, begun to manufacture the barrels in USofA
which will allow them to sell to public
price has not been stated yet
but hoofu(kinrah, ay
I will have one of each, whatever the cost

Quick Reply: hey gun people