Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

hey gun people

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hey gun people

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

I like it and the black talent the best.
i have heard of black talon, but what is black talent? typo?
No is a talented round yes. It is a typo. I'm absolutely not perfect

Old 10-04-2007, 11:09 PM

No friend request. I have it were you have to enter in my last name or something. It keeps the "fake" people invites from building up.

Did it ask anything when you click on my "add friend"

Old 10-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Yes edit [sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 10-04-2007, 11:18 PM

Cool man. They still havent given me a reason why I was banned. I guess I made someone cry.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:13 AM

I haven't logged in for a bit, been getting ready for the deer opener this weekend. I agree and disagree with a ton of folks on this, but it's all cool, just like we all might disagree on wich helmet or jacket is best. One pistol/rifle/shotgun might be great for one guy or gal, and horrible for another. I agree in some sense that you get what you pay for. A few points though, you do have to aim a shotgun, it most any self defense situation, the shot pattern is going to be about the size of your fist, so contrary to popular belief, you just don't point it in a general direction and shoot. I am a fan of Mossberg shotguns, the top tang safety is ambi and easy to manipulate, plus the mossberg has a long history of serving our nations finest, it is quite up to par. Theres tons of considerations when it comes to a carry peice and ammo, also, not mentioned, is the legalities. There could be quite a difference in shooting someone with your zombie killer xyz auto loaded with brain smashers vs a revolver loaded with plain old ammo. Some surely will disagree but one doesn't have to look far to find someone that was convicted of something for protecting his home and his person based on what he was using, theres a bunch of liberal folks out there that don't think you have the right to own a firearm, and will take every angle to manipulate the situation and find fault. Also, don't get soooo wrapped up in ammo performance, sure it's important, but I don't think too many bad guys who get shot, get up and tell you, "aww man, that was only a .38 JHP" Shot placement is key and of most importance, and a bad guy will stop when he is incapacitated, ie no pulse, breath, devestating sytem injury and so on. I've seen hits that should stop anyone or anything but didn't, and also seen one shot stops that were hard to believe, and with everything from .22lr to .44mag. Now, me personally, I carry CCW every day a Kimber 1911 that has been worked over with all forged componants from cylinder & slide, all 30LPI work on the surfaces and 10rd power mags. I have it loaded with 185gr Hornady XTP's over 5gr of Bullseye powder, a slight roll crimp and that round moves at about 900fps, sure I could beef it up some, but with that load and recoil, I can bang down a set ot 5 IDPA steel plates in about 4-4.5 seconds at 25ft. My Home defense weapon is a Mossberg 590 the length of pull had been shortened to 12in, has a side saddle and a tube extension. The ammo for that is 2shot lead, 2 3/4in and then a round of 4 buck, those two loads staggered on down the tube. My wife carries a taures ultralight .38spl loaded with 110gr Hornady XTP's. So, in short, this is just my opinion, only that, nothing more. I am not saying anyone on here is wrong in any way shape or form, so don't go flamming me taking anything personal. To me, weapons and loads are as personal as religion and politics, we all have our views, so these were just mine.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

plus the mossberg has a long history of serving our nations finest, it is quite up to par.

I carry CCW every day a Kimber 1911 that has been worked over with all forged componants from cylinder & slide, all 30LPI work on the surfaces and 10rd power mags. I have it loaded with 185gr Hornady XTP's over 5gr of Bullseye powder, a slight roll crimp and that round moves at about 900fps,
the militray buys from the lowest bidder, they used to use 870's and 1100's ,but i think that mossberg lowballed the shotugn bid and now they use those.

900fps, damn thats fast for a 45, awsome, i wish i could get concealed weapons permit in ca

Old 10-06-2007, 04:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

plus the mossberg has a long history of serving our nations finest, it is quite up to par.

I carry CCW every day a Kimber 1911 that has been worked over with all forged componants from cylinder & slide, all 30LPI work on the surfaces and 10rd power mags. I have it loaded with 185gr Hornady XTP's over 5gr of Bullseye powder, a slight roll crimp and that round moves at about 900fps,
i wish i could get concealed weapons permit in ca
or a magazine capacity higher than 10 rounds huh? (i think you go to jail for just thinking that in cali ^_^)

personally, for home defense i would go straight to a 12ga. some people like a carbine size rifle, some don't. my handgun would usually be my last choice, but i've got either the G23 w/ 15 rds of 165gr JHP, or the G26 w/33rd magazine of course (nobody wants to be hit with 33 skittles) 124grJHP

Old 10-06-2007, 06:33 PM

ORIGINAL: holycrapitshassell
or a magazine capacity higher than 10 rounds huh? (i think you go to jail for just thinking that in cali ^_^)

personally, for home defense i would go straight to a 12ga. some people like a carbine size rifle, some don't. my handgun would usually be my last choice, but i've got either the G23 w/ 15 rds of 165gr JHP, or the G26 w/33rd magazine of course (nobody wants to be hit with 33 skittles) 124grJHP
lol there are ways to get 16 round mags lol, you just gotta now how to do it. i have, well i dont "have" in the eyes of the law bcuz im 19, a sig w/ 16rd. mag bcuz thats the one it came with pre-ban. other ways are lil less than legal.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Friend and Hero ...

First I would like to apologize to shocktroop. You forewarned me before you posted, and it was only my prodding you that you did post So, I'm sorry for dragging you into this. First let me address the issue on the Mossberg M 590 and the issue of military contracts and how they are awarded I'm not going to lecture or flame Hatebreeder I'm going to PM you with a title of a book that explains in great detail how The US arsenal is appropriated through DOD contracts and the US General accounting office plus it's a great book on military weapons. So you can speak from strength and knowledge the M 590 outperformed the other shotguns submitted for selection . It was a hard transition have a lot of faith in the Remington. But after using the M 590 for awhile I purchased one for myself. It is not a hopped up 500, but a true production upgrade everything from its military spec finish to its 1+9 round capability in a 20 in barrel length now I'm going to include a photo or two. Just as a side note, I will be happy to include a link on the M 590 it goes into some detail about the testing that it was subject to. Also, a interesting thing about the serial numbers, the first letter of the serial number indicates which market it was to be released to. Serial numbers beginning with the letter M were released to the Military. Serial numbers beginning with the letter L were released to law enforcement.. Serial numbers beginning with the letter C were for commercial production for the general public. Also, if you just have to have more bang for the buck. I suggest you hunt down aITHACA MAG 10 ROADBLOCKER AUTOLOADERwas designed for law enforcement use but never caught on. It is a 10 ga magnum chambered for a 3 1/2 in round a decent gunsmith can convert its 4 round capability to a 6 round speed tube system, making it absolutely awesome

http://www.riflesnguns.com/shotgun/mossberg/590

Now if you did not noticed shocktroops said he was carrying a 1911 45
, which has a standard magazine capability of seven rounds, has had since 1911. Almost 100 yrs. Most individuals who have handled1911 45 are very much aware of this and sometimes take it for granted that everyone is aware of this. Now there are 45s manufacture with higher capability before somebody jumps on that wagon para ordinance makes a decent 45 with a 14 round mag and the original assault weapons ban. was a temporary ban and has since passed, be careful there is a sunset law still in effect and some states have passed their own legislation, just know the law. And if your just looking for a higher capability made USA MAG manufactures a 32 round magazine for several different handguns. The Ruger P89 I've got two of them for it.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:59 AM

HARDCORP: I'm not up on shotties, is 10 ga. magnum ammo widely available? I have enough trouble finding ammo for my M-N 91/30, but a shotgun in 10 ga has always seemed like the ultimate CQ weapon. I saw your post about 10 mm versions of the AR15, any word on civvie models becoming available?

Quick Reply: hey gun people