Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

hey gun people

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hey gun people

.380 Auto is what I sport...

Old 10-03-2007, 11:59 AM

ak47 and a 92fs brig
still need to get a shotty...any suggestions?

ps...doesnt really matter what kind of gun u get if u dont know how to shoot it. take ur girl to the range and let her get used to the feel of it.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:04 PM

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

ak47 and a 92fs brig

ps...doesnt really matter what kind of gun u get if u dont know how to shoot it. take ur girl to the range and let her get used to the feel of it.

If your looking to get a shotty...I highlly suggest a Saiga-12. They are designed off the AK-47 much like you ^ WASR-10. Detachable magazine, semi auto, and it looks mean as hell. Otherwise just get a economical 12ga pump (870 Remington or 500 Mossy)

Old 10-03-2007, 12:06 PM

the fisrt handgun i will offically own (when i am 21, i kinda already own it) will be a sig p-226, my fav handgun i have shot, its in 9mm, your lady can deff. handle that, i would not suggest getting a 40 bcuz it has a very harsh "snappy" kick bcuz it the round is leaveing the gun so fast. people say a 45 is too much for a girl but i really think not, a full size 45 is so heavy that the gun barely kicks. they have a lot of stopping power and my lil hobbit hands can keep them on target no problem... i do think that a short barreled would be a diff story though... if you want a great gun and are willing to spend a lil more get a sig, you can even get it in 357 sig, but that will get expensive to shoot after a while. If you wanna save a lil money you can get a springfield XD...

MOST IMPORTANT thing, make sure it balences well in your hand. for example glocks are great guns but i would never buy one bcuz they dont fit in my hand right. 92f's are great guns too but i would never buy one bcuz they feel like they are leaning to the left when i hold them... go to the gun store and ask to hold a sig. you can get the p-229 in 45 or the 226 in 9mm 40mm or 357sig....

o and if you wanna get a handgun to blast away 1000 rds at the gun club, get a browning buckmark, awsome handgun well balenced 22lr you can shoot all day with your wallet still intact. (braggin time) i was varmit hunting and had one with me, shot a fast moving ground squierl 12-15 yds out, one hiter quiter!

Old 10-03-2007, 12:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

ak47 and a 92fs brig

If your looking to get a shotty...I highlly suggest a Saiga-12. They are designed off the AK-47 much like you ^ WASR-10. Detachable magazine, semi auto, and it looks mean as hell. Otherwise just get a economical 12ga pump (870 Remington or 500 Mossy)
do not get the mossberg 500, get the remington, much better gun. remington 870 is bar none. (unless you wanna spend a grand or more)

Old 10-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Home defense is not the same as being at war , OR IS IT ? Your personal space has just been invaded and your life is in jeopardy. I would call that being at war. Now, to me it makes absolutely no sense to put your faith in something that's less than reliable. I wouldn't leave anyone I love or cared for with a substandard caliber weapon. Even though the 22 falls right in behind the 38, for having racked up more kills in the United States then anything else. It's only because of the mass number of weapons chambered in 22 calibers. I could produce ballistics gel reports on the 22's ineffective ability to take down a combatant, from here to China. But for those who have already made up their mind, it would be pointless. As far as a offbrand named weapon or economically priced weapon. I put this question out there to you. Would you ride with an offbrand name helmet made of nothing more than cheap plastic and trust it just because it had a DOT sticker on it...... So what's you're head worth ? OK ...And would it make, a difference if you only used it One time a year, and it laid around until the D rings were rusted, probably Not... Now, what is your life worth?... I guess that's a decision you have to make for yourself ..... On the subject of a individual size and weight and the ability to handle and manage felt recoil, It is not an issue. Yes, I said it is not an issue. Anyone given adequate training and practice can handle most handguns chambered in large calibers . I will give you an example, swt poet is about 5 feet tall and weighs a 100 pounds. I own the Smith & Wesson model 1006 and 1076 also I have a Glock model 29. But I started her off with a very reliable piece a Ruger P89 the second day we moved up to the 1006. We used it for about two hours after that moved her to the 1076. And then over to the 29, which she now carries legally. I will be happy to post a pic of her target from the last trip to the range it is just a matter of learning proper technique and being familiar with what you're working with and having confidence . But these are only the ravings from a person who spends an average of 12 hrs a wk 52 wks a year running through a CQB course and standard range with a variety of weapons oh yes one more example. Check out REDD myspace , on her page under photo you will see her with a Desert Eagle I did leave her a few tips though LOL
Ranger, the answer to your question is. I haven't seen it fielded by anyone yet. the other question concerning Rock Island. Yes, we have some Rock Island frames. But , what was dumped on the civilian market., Were those whose manufacturing tolerance were less than adequate. the only thing the precise weapons shop uses is the frames, and they are worked over to the point where they're 100% and at that point. Some really high-end components go back into it,like Kimber, Wilson, and Colt. For us a sidearm is not a backup piece or a last resort. It is truly a second weapon.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

ak47 and a 92fs brig

do not get the mossberg 500, get the remington, much better gun. remington 870 is bar none. (unless you wanna spend a grand or more)
I love my Benelli Nova 12 ga.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:55 PM

I have a few guns, but the ones I typically regularly carry on me are in the calibers of .38+P or 9mm.

For self defense, just about any caliber can be useful if you can accurately place your shot. I like my 9mm because ammo is cheap for it, so I get more practice with it. My .38 is a little more expensive to shoot, but it just as fun. I plan on purchasing some add'l calibers someday when money gets better.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Brandon77

I love my Benelli Nova 12 ga.
i have heard nothing but good things about this gun as well. but i do not like it becasue of the two peice design its got going on. i went hunting with a guy who had one... he was a complete moron, but thats not the point. it seemed to work well. but i cant get over how that breaks down, doesnt make sense to me.... im a young guy, but i like the old school tried and proven 870. (i must have well over 2000 rds through it and only one minor incident with the shell extractor, whcih meant one and a half min.s tinkering, and it was my fault, should have taken that out and cleaned it and it would have never happend)

Old 10-03-2007, 05:02 PM

Get a RCP90!!!!!

Quick Reply: hey gun people