Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Concealed carry works

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Concealed carry works

I never wonder why you reply, ever. I expect it. You said it was over, not me. I come back as planned.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe because some people from the US have posted up facts showing that your argument/side of the debate holds no water. Guns don't kill people. Not to mention it is a constitutional right for us.

Name something that is a right for you in Aus. If you had someone telling you that right is bad, don't do it, you shouldn't have that, you might fight back too. Guns are not a hobby (for some they are) they are a right. Anyone with a clean record may own a firearm and with proper training in certain states carry concealed. Maybe compare it to being able to drive a car when your 16.

BTW we only get a low number because it doesn't happen that much.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:20 AM
Banned

What has the overall violence stats go to do with gun deaths only (from firearms)
Perhaps guns are a deterent. Maybe some people think twice before fighting or robbing if they think the other person may have a gun. I never got robbed because I am an amazing physical specimen, the mere sight of me make people run away in fear. Sometimes, especially women, can not even look at me because of my amazing body. It isn't easy being me.But not everyone is so lucky and they rely upon guns to scare people away.

It is not that guns are bad, but some people that have guns in this country are idiots that shouldn't own a spoon. The whole thought of CCW permitting is good. It allows resposible law abiding citizens to have the ability to safeguard the family and property.What is bad is that buying a gun in this country is EASY, they are cheap and there is virtually no laws with resect to buying one.There should be a written test in order to buy a gun, that at least would stop a few less from being soldand maybe a few less available on the street that were either stolen or bought cheap at a pawn shop.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that there should be a test, and there is for concealed carry. In Texas it's a minimum 10 hours of classes.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:36 AM

Washington was the greatest for carry. Open and concealed were legal. Walk into a police dept, get finger printed, answer some simple questions, pay 30.00 and walk out with your permit. 20 minutes tops. Texas was a few hoops to jump through, and some expensive classes, but pretty easy. I got my florida permit through the mail, and up here in CT its pretty simple, but expensive. What gets me here in CT is that you have to have a pistol permit to even be in possesion of a pistol, hunting, going to the range ect........crazy.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:53 AM

I just expect that if someone is going to use the "I use it for protection" argument then they are taking ALL necessary steps in life to protect their well being such as full insurance coverage for fire, theft, life, car, etc. They eat healthy, they wear their seatbelt, they drive carefully, never ride like a fool etc or they are simply being their own worst enemy. If not any of that then I can only assume there's something deeper to packing a .45 than the protection issue...something like feeling tough or something. Think about it, why would you spend the money on a conceal carry, buy a $800 gun and walk around with it all the time convinced that it's there for your protection then hop on your sportbike and hit the interstate at a buck 20? That's just ****ing hypocracy.

However, that's only my view of someone's character, don't try to sell me the "protection" thing regarding conceal-carry but be 90lbs overweight and a non-helmet wearing evil knieval on two wheels at the same time. I have nothing against Conceal and carry or the 2nd amendment, the government can be your worst nightmare...look at **** germany...they were helpless. Also, 1984, the giver, any oppressed totalitarian type fiction all have one thing in common...the people are completely and utterly helpless to rise up and that would be real if the **** hit the fan on the upper levels of . They're ****ed and the 2nd amendment is a great equalizer. At least our government knows that it's not going to be like shooting fish in a barrel...it's going to be a blood soaked battle with a lot of casualties.

Classic, I know the whole "I talk like this in real life" thing is awesome and cool and noble and **** but I know that I'm not the only one that really has to read your posts like 3 times to understand wtf you're trying to say. Notice ebonics is not common on messageboards...nor should the-guy-who-flew-that-helicopter-thing-in-the-road warrior jive be either. Don't take it as an insult, I'm just kindly putting it out there.

for the record I have a mossberg 12g I shoot for recreation, not so much for protection. I don't think I could warp my mind with the image of blowing someone's head to pieces over my TV or ps2 lol I doubt the likelihood of a home invasion/murder/rape...that's probably the only instance where it would be for protection...I wouldn't kill for "stuff" as G. Carlin would say.

Quick Reply: Concealed carry works