Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Concealed carry works

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 05:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 12-19-2008, 05:23 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Concealed carry works

I see that that works in this case and I know and understand and respect you guys opinions on your guns etc..

But how does that translate to the UK?? .. we have a lot of low lifes here especially in the inner cities, you know the type that hang around and act tough ..they dont have guns because they are illegal here ...now I know criminals will always have guns and that puts us unarmed citizens somewhat at risk

So, lets say over here in the UK we allow everyone to conceal and carry a gun ... every low life will be armed too and they are just looking for a reason ... would that be better for us?? I am only talking my country here where we have a blanket ban ... for the odd guy in the park who manages to save his *** whilst walking the dog would it not be a greater evil to equip every low life here with a gun??
Would we have more shootings and deaths??

Jules

Old 12-19-2008, 07:08 AM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jules I'm going to try to do this with a light touch, because you have been fully indoctrinated. Whether you would like to admit it or not. Just don't want to take the heat. So were going to avoid that at all cost statistically, what you're saying about gun legislation. Is it works. Statistically, you're wrong, let's use a third country as an example hello classic it'll take a little bit of time, but I can dig up a in partial study conducted by the UN on home invasions when up 10% after Australia followed the United Kingdom in adopting stricter gun legislation. And I'm talking about legislation passed in the 90s. The United Kingdom's statistics were also posted, but for the life of me I can't remember exactly what they were. But they had also went up, but I can't remember by how much. It was proven that criminals felt they had little to fear from homeowners. Now, let me plant some food for thought, what in God's name makes you think that if they're smuggling narcotics and knockoff merchandise into your country. They're not bringing in illegal firearms, is it because you have a gun law. Think about that one. Also psychological studies conducted by the US Justice Department in 2000 by some of the FBI's top profilers have concluded that the majority of your hardened criminals are not the alpha male you fear the most. The professional criminal those institutionalized are 9 times out of 10 less likely to confront an individual who may or may not be on equal footing or have the upper hand. Would you like to discuss the crime rate in Washington, DC or California, both for and after heavy gun legislation was passed fair and impartial studies will show you. It had absolutely no effect in several different studies crime rate actually climbed significantly so what you believe is as false as some religions
BTW
ever heard of Kennesaw Georgia. Back in the 80s, they pass legislation saying that every homeowner had to own a gun. The Crime rate dropped 60%. The ultimate woman's channel lifetime actually made a movie about it, but by the mid-90s with the land development boom in full swing, apartments and rental property had overtaken Kennesaw and crime has slowly crept back up

Old 12-19-2008, 07:20 AM

HC, I understand all you say here .. I know for your country it works but you are so so big compared to this wee island of ours .. now if all us homeowners had guns that would put off potential intruders, I get that, to a point .. but if you are an intruder with a gun and want to break in somewhere you are presumably taking the homeowner by surprise?? ..would they not have to "get their gun first" .. are we to assume all homeowners sit there watching tv with a gun by their side ready or under the pillow and sleep with one eye open?? ..so even if we had guns we can still be taken by the element of surprise yes?? ...

but all the above aside my worry is our low lifes here HC, what do you think about that one?? .. forget proper criminals because we all know they have guns anyway ..my whole worry for the UK is letting every low life and scum bag here have a gun legally and the right to carry/conceal ..they would not ordinarily own a gun because they are illegal here but they would if legal ..if a situation developed and they are looking for a reason then I just see a lot more people being shot or shot at ..

Jules

Old 12-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: Juliet

but all the above aside my worry is our low lifes here HC, what do you think about that one?? .. forget proper criminals because we all know they have guns anyway ..my whole worry for the UK is letting every low life and scum bag here have a gun legally and the right to carry/conceal ..they would not ordinarily own a gun because they are illegal here but they would if legal ..if a situation developed and they are looking for a reason then I just see a lot more people being shot or shot at ..

Jules
If they're low life scum. They already have an illegal weapon, whether it was stolen from a legitimate owner are smuggled into your country, while not level the playing field and give yourself a better chance. And I understand how hard it is to wrap your mind around a right or freedom. You never enjoyed. It's hard to miss something you never participated in, that is the biggest problem with the anti-gun crowd in the United States. Most individuals who are on that side of the fencehaveNever handle a firearm or used one and don't understand what they're giving up.They Never took advantage of it in the first place, and you're still not looking at this objectively. You're convinced your facts are right, and unwilling to even weigh the evidence. Just being polite about it and so am I. for me it's a work tool. Hell, I'm allowed to carry in places where the law prohibits anyone except for law enforcement to carry under a wonderful DOS blanket of protection
BTW
if this is truly how you feel, should you stop using images of firearms in your posts
and
the founding father's of this country had already seen the failings in your country's judicial system for the most part, and took preventive measures to make sure we wouldn't have the same problems

Thomas Jefferson said, let the citizen go as well armed as the soldier in the field for you never know where the threat lies from within or abroad

There have been many interpretations of what he meant by this statement. I felt it was a broad spectrum of thought, looking towards the rogue criminal element as well as a siege on the government

Old 12-19-2008, 07:56 AM

HC, I am not truly anti gun ..I dont like them, theres a difference ..see?? ...I see that it works for some and that they are also tools of a trade ...I am being very specific about a problem here in my own country ..here is a typical UK gang you will find in Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool ..

they dont have guns because they are illegal, they are just what we call hoodies and yes, some have knives but mostly they are looking for trouble and to beat up on other young men passing by .. there area lot of street fights and pavement brawls in this country especially once they have got drunk and its pub closing time ..so I am saying is it a good idea to let these hoodies legally carry/conceal guns ..wont we have a worse problem here??

Jules

PS ..thank you for taking the time to repsond to me and I respect your opinions totally :-)

Old 12-19-2008, 08:00 AM

damn that's a gang in the UK ? You don't wanna come to the US lol they look like kids on the street, not scared..

FYI. it is easier and cheaper to get an illegal gun then legal if a lowlife wants one.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:18 AM
Friend and Hero ...

fuze have you pledge allegiance to any team yet I was just thinking a man with your martial arts skills could be quite useful. As one of Gabriel's enforcers we are just the guns for hire going to the highest bidder PM mebrother LOL

Sorry X for the momentary thread jacking

Jules have you ever been to Israel ever seen the little old lady in the grocery store packing her micro-Uzi you suppose they have a problem with the thug element and would you be willing to even contemplate your hoodlum problem is a manifestation of the lack of firearms available to law abiding citizen if these are true hoodlums. They have some kind of record and could not possess a firearm in this country, but it doesn't stop them from obtaining one illegally. Even in your country, whether you would like to believe that or not

Old 12-19-2008, 08:37 AM

HC, no I have never been off this island for one reason or another ..those thugs I showed you above are rife in our inner cities, yes they may not compare to your US badass gangs and maybe seen as kids ... they are mostly just trouble makers ..they are always looking for fights, stealing cars, getting drunk and setting fire to pets ..theyre not nice!! they are also mostly as thick as two short planks and probably wouldnt have the contacts or know how to get guns .. they are out of control in our inner cities at night ..I just really worry that if they could go and buy guns from a shop legally we would have a whole new problem here ...

I truly dont know the answer here, what works for one country may not work in another .. what may work here in the future may not work just now ... lets hypothetically lift our blanket ban then and then what ..will these thugs get guns will there be more shootings and chaos before it becomes established that we can all carry and everyone is fearful of having a gun pointed in their face ..also theres a lot of road rage here HC, often the road rage ends up in shouting and screaming and maybe the odd fisticuffs but that is usually all, if we are armed wont more and more people just end up with a gun in the face??

I understand your gun culture and the need over there, I see the tv and media even in my safe haven here but I just dont know about here, really I dont ... I am not anti gun at all, I just I dont like them .. and yes you can kill someone with a baseball bat too and a knife but it just seems too easy to point and fire a gun to end someones life without having to be that close to them

Jules

Old 12-19-2008, 08:53 AM
Friend and Hero ...

Last friendly word on the subject then why in the hell don't you outlaw, baseball bats knives and alcohol they seem to be the root of your problem and don't forget petrol so they can't set the pets on fire or should you just have to have a permit to purchase it with a criminal background check., and why don't you hire another hundred thousand police officers to patrol your streets unarmed and it's not an culture it's a constitutional right. Just upheld by this country's Supreme Court still unwilling to even look at the facts or even to see your country may have made a mistake. Nothing like pride in one's own homeland. I promise you. It may take a little more effort to murder a man with your bare hands. But it's been happening for thousands of years so I guess we need to pass legislation registering allindividuals in the country at birth as a potential instrument of death. Not as a citizen

Quick Reply: Concealed carry works