Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Concealed carry works

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Concealed carry works

What I am not seeing in your logic is that killing is killing, regardless of ease, man has killed with every tool and in every fashion from the beginning of time, and sadly that will never change. I think what you are missing is the whole topic point of carrying concealed weapons by leagal citizens. We all know that criminals will do what they want, when they want, regardless of law, as they are criminals. So where does that leave you and I friend? At the mercy of such people? The whole killing with ease bit just bugs me and I can't put a finger on it, perhaps its a little out there for me to grasp, not that it is a bad thing, just something I don't understand from your point. I don't think man should give up his liberties fortemporary security. What we are really talking about is people, not their instruments of evil. We can look at the most horrific killers in history, and firearms play no part, again, its the person, not the method. While I agree with you that......wait a minute, I don't agree with you, and thats OK, but where I see your logic, is that crime would be curtailed if guns were not available, as in criminals would have to find another way to kill right? As a byproduct, instead of getting shot, citizens would be at the mercy of the bigger dog in the fight? Where does that leave all of us little people? At the mercy of a bigger hand? When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away, so I'd rather not my safety be dependant on who my taxes pay.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:30 PM

Classic. Forgive me for asking, but I don't think anyone has asked this yet. What do you think is the sollution? What do you think will end crime, make us all safe, what do you envission to be "the answer".

Old 12-20-2008, 09:32 PM

poke poke poke poke.....with a sharp stick....lol

Old 12-20-2008, 11:13 PM

i live in Rotterdam/Schenectady NY pretty heavily populated and i leave my car and my apartment unlocked to. when i lived out in the country i used to leave the keys in the car my self. i go out and walk around with out fear all hours of the day and night and like i said earlier i don't own any guns. lot of times i go for walks at 3am. i also don't leave the keys in my car becuase a) its against the law b) if the car gets stolen my insurance wont pay.

no offense but i think you have a lot of misconceptions about America. you make it seem that its unsafe to walk around in the states in a few areas yah that may be true i wouldn't go walking through Harlem at 2am my self but im sure there are places in OZ that are avoided to. like i said its not over populated but a good size population and i walk around at 3am all the time.

just to give you an idea its about 36 square miles and has a population of about 28,000 people

thought this was interesting http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...total-victims.

more good statistics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

there are strong correlations between population density and crime .while Australia has a population density of 2.8 per sq KM America has a population density of 31 per sq km.

like i said there is alot more involved in crime and homicides then just looking at one think. to say one country has a lower crime rate and homicide rate can be miss leading. if you have a lower population and a lower population density then is fairly safe to assume that of course your going to have lower crime as the poplulation has less interaction with each other and such. whats striking to me is that it is the opposite while you do have less homicide you have far greater crime over all per poplulation.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:12 AM

Fair enough.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:21 AM
RCR

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

ORIGINAL: TheX

Glad to see this thread back on top. The discussion seems to be more civil now.

Wait, is someone missing?
You had to say something didn't you X...
What do you call that comment if not provocative ??

No one is missing smart ***
I am just watching the kids from a distance to see what **** they have to say mate ...

Yer the discussion about killing with ease resumes in peace ..... ]

BTW...X , corps and anyone that wants .,...start something and no probs ....I am up for it ..

please continue with your games children...

See there you go thinking again. Its not always about you. Im sure he was refering to me. Right X

As for provoking^ look at your highlighted section. Sure its not directed at one person but EVERYBODY!!

Quick Reply: Concealed carry works