F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Tires - BT016 vs Pilot Road 2CT

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hangfire
For the price difference your friend can damn near afford two sets of bt-016's for one sec of pp2cts, and there is no performance difference. Both are multi-compound and sticky as all hell.
Based on the prices I just checked there's about a $58 difference between the sets. If you run enough that can add up. Have you run both tires before? I currently run the Pilots but I wouldn't be opposed to trying the Bridgestones.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Dunno what your friends doing to his, I ride mine decently hard, have a few thousand on them already and am seeing minimal wear. For the price difference your friend can damn near afford two sets of bt-016's for one sec of pp2cts, and there is no performance difference. Both are multi-compound and sticky as all hell. If your talking about pilot road 2ct's, well of course your's will last longer, its a cruiser tire, not sport.
I don't know either. I followed him on a run up to payson a month back and his tires were falling apart, my 2ct's had nothing. Hes only on a r6 too. Im running power 2ct's, not roads.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dunno what your friends doing to his, I ride mine decently hard, have a few thousand on them already and am seeing minimal wear. For the price difference your friend can damn near afford two sets of bt-016's for one sec of pp2cts, and there is no performance difference. Both are multi-compound and sticky as all hell. If your talking about pilot road 2ct's, well of course your's will last longer, its a cruiser tire, not sport.
wrong, the roads are a sport tire just a harder compound made more for commuting than railing the twisties. But they do just fine railing too, know several damn good riders than run em.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:26 PM

Well, I ordered me a set of Pilot Road 2CT's. No more squared-off rear tire for me, at least for a few thousand miles. I'll be thrilled if I get two seasons out of them - time will tell.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually I mispoke, by "cruiser tire" I meant it's a Sport Touring tire, not a Performance tire, hence they'll obviously get better mileage out of them than the performance oriented ones.

http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/in...ent=pilotroad2

Regardless, to the op, I'm sure you'll like the pr2's. You really couldn't go wrong with any tire listed so far and michelins are nice.
that i can agree with lol.

I got one season out of my PR's, now I got thru almost 2 sets of tires per season. But I can just about ride year round and avg 10k miles a year.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:49 PM

I've got BT016s on my 05 and they stick pretty well. Haven't had them out at the track yet (hopefully next month) but I've ridden them pretty hard on the local loop and the stick well. If you're really hard on the gas and you've got them aired up for commuting you can slip the back a bit, but it's pretty predictable, aired down and warm they stick real well. I run 34-36 for normal riding 30-30 for hard-twisties.

I HATED the set of BT020s I had a few years back on my old Katana ... would slip/spin with little to no warning and were just plain scary. Replaced those with Diablo Stradas and got amazing wear and a great trackday outta them. Towards the end of sessions they would start to get a bit greasy, but only if I was a bit greedy with the throttle. I'd imagine the pilot roads are pretty similar to the Diablo Stradas and if that's the case they make GREAT street tires. Mine had lots of life left when I sold the Kat and I had about 6k and a trackday on them.

Those tires made me a Pirelli fan for life, and these 016s will have to really impress me to not get replaced with the new Diablo Rossos. So far they're doing well.