F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Michelin Pilot Road 2CT

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michelin Pilot Road 2CT

Ok - I'm about to order some new tires because it's a lot cheaper online then at the dealership.

I think these tires will be the best fit for me (Michelin Pilot Road 2CT).

I take the bike to 24hrs fitness everyday after work (3 miles one way) and like to go around town on the weekends.

I don't do twisty - well not yet. I plan on taking on some nice twisties in the future once my skill level is up to par. I'l sure I can do it but I like to take things slow and don't need to prove to anyone how cool I can be.

After reading all the reviews - these tires seem to be the best of both worlds. (I also do not do any track and probably never will - just not my thing for now).

The best price I found so far for the set is about $265 w/ free shipping.

http://www.compacc.com/p/Michelin-Pi...ckage-Specials

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=3175

Your thoughts on these tires and how does the price sound?

Old 04-08-2010, 12:00 AM

These are what I run on my 02 and I love them. I do play in the twisties and wheelie with them and I got 7000 miles out of my last rear tire.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Miche...Q5fAccessories

Old 04-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Default yo

yo man i got these tires a few weeks ago ive only put about 400 miles or so on them .. and i love them .. they grip well in turns well worth the money and my friend says the same

Old 04-08-2010, 12:02 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Tires are great. Price is reasonable.

Might not hurt to seek out any motorcycle shops in the area that install tires. You might be able to buy through them and save a bit on mounting / balancing.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:04 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Those Pilot Powers that fourxchevy posted would also work great for you, and save you some cash.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:15 AM
July 2010 ROTM

fourxchevy u got 7000 out a rear??!!??? what pressure you running? thats sweet, mine lasted like 1500, i think i got a bad one, but it gripped amazingly!

Old 04-08-2010, 12:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you're just riding around town, those will do just fine. Get you some hard compound, as the medium will melt away faster. Air in the tires are a huge thing too. Get your pressures right

Old 04-08-2010, 07:48 AM

I'm running 2CTs in the front and went with Powers for the rear....absolutely luv it!

Old 04-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by Aken
Tires are great. Price is reasonable.

Might not hurt to seek out any motorcycle shops in the area that install tires. You might be able to buy through them and save a bit on mounting / balancing.
Most places I called wanted an extra $25 if I bring in my own tires but their price on the set is over $50 more. So if I buy it from them, it will cost me $50 more + Tax but will only save me $25 in install.

Originally Posted by Aken
Those Pilot Powers that fourxchevy posted would also work great for you, and save you some cash.
The Pilot Power are about $50-$60 cheaper but I don't think they will last as long as the Polit Road 2CT. If the cost to install and balance wasn't so much - I would get the Pilot Power and change them more often.

Thanks for all the help - going to order them shortly. The Pilot Road 2CT that is

Last edited by lkngood; 04-08-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by lkngood
Most places I called wanted an extra $25 if I bring in my own tires but their price on the set is over $50 more.

The Pilot Power are about $50/$60 cheaper but I don't think they will last as long as the Polit Road 2CT. If the cost to install and balance wasn't so much - I would get the Pilot Power and change them more often.

Thanks for all the help - going to order them shortly. The Pilot Road 2CT that is
You are certainly confused on your tires. Michelin Pilot Powers and Michelin Pilot Powers 2CT for the rear are essentially the same compound in the middle and the 2CTs differ where they use a different compound on the outer walls whereas regular Powers are mono-compound.

In fact, Michelin recommends the 2CTs more for track use than they do the Powers. Most people find the 2CTs wear slightly faster than do the Powers, regardless of riding style. So if you're buying 2CTs because of slower tread wear and for longevity...you may want to do just a lil bit more reading. I was in your boat couple weeks ago and I eventually opted for 2CTs on the front and Powers on the bike, I had my tire installed 5 days ago...and I'm one happy camper.

Quick Reply: Michelin Pilot Road 2CT