F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

SALVAGED BIKE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SALVAGED BIKE!!!!!

when looking to buy ANY motorcycle regardless of title you should inspect the bike and check it over ! just because it has a clean title doesnt mean **** !! i am so tired of people who think salvaged title bikes are worthless ... the fact is insurance compnaies will salvage out a bike very easily.. if all the plastic, lights and gauges were stripped from a bike and it was perfect in everyother way they could still salvage it out jut because the cost to replace everythng that is missing is more then what the bike blue books for in your area .

my buddy has an 04 1krr and he flipped it 3 times in a ditch and its a clean title ... he just never reported it to insurance .. so somone could come along and buy his bike and its clean title but its was wrecked before.. or you can buy a salvaged title bike because it really was a theft recovery but it was just stripped... which one is a better deal ? this is why you cant let title alone influence your decesion when buying a bike !!

i have 2 bikes a 2000 honda cbr 929RR (salvaged) and a 2002 suzuki gsxr 600(salvaged) both with full coverage insurance through progressive ... and even if its salvaged title you can get it registered for the street no problem..

and the seller could've bought the bike back from the insurance company who wouldve issued a salavged title on it ... then he bought the replica plastics to replace the damaged ones and probably still had money left over depending on how much they gave him for the bike

Old 09-03-2007, 01:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SALVAGED BIKE!!!!!

Thanks guys. And yes Havoc I do agree with you about knowing and inspecting the bike before buying regardless of the title. The bike was actually repainted with the repsol replica paint BEFORE the fall and scratch of the frame. And the insurance company that salvaged it is sending them a new salvaged title through the mail. Sorry i didnt make it more clear. But yea this guy on a forum tried to sell me his r6 and said it was not wrecked or stunted so i did a little research myself and looked at his profile and looked at all his posts and come to find out this freaking duchebag crashed the bike twice in the last month alone that he posted about. New rider + r6 = lots of crashes.

About the f4i the seller seemed really nice. (its a girl actually) And she called me and talked my ears off for 30 mins all about the bike and what happened and when she got it. She wasnt short and fishy sounding. But then again im a guy and shes a chick and they know how to melt our butter when they need to. Wish me luck yall! I LOVE the 01 bodystyle of the f4i and ive ALWAYS wanted a repsol cbr. Its more than a dream come true if i actually get it. Ill be going to check it out tommorrow so ill be back to check this thread in the morning before i leave. I might or might not get it tommorrow depending if they have received the title from the insurance company. If not she said she is more than willing to hold it for me till the title comes. Thanks for all the help yall! And I hope to be a fellow cbr rider!