F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

salvaged title

Old 01-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default salvaged title

Hey everyone, just wanted some input real quick on my situation.

I currently own a 2001 CBR f4i. It has a salvaged title. The only reason its salvaged is because it was a recovered stolen and the insurance company had already paid out. It just needs to pass inspection to get the R-title. It is a hassle but i think its worth it. I have all the paper work detailing the theft and etc.

My question: ShouldI just sell it? or get the R-title first and do some mods to boost the price? I want to get an rr or another f4i. Also how much do you think I can get for it? I plan to sell in the summer to inflate the price.

The mods I was thinking were small things, such has tinted windscreen and possibly a slip-on?

Its bone stock, minus flush turn signals. Small rash on the right fairing. And its lowered (annoying from the first owner)

Thanks again in advance

Old 01-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Default RE: salvaged title

honestly if its salvaged i would put any money in it especially if you plan to sell it

Old 01-15-2009, 09:11 PM

Yeah, the fact that it's salvaged will cause people to be more timid to buy it which equals lower price. I'm in that same boat, i bought my bike from a salvage yard. My bike has very little damage, but it has a salvage title, that's why im going to keep it.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:36 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Why do you want to get a different F4i just because that one is a salvage title? As long as it works, you're golden. My bike is a salvage title and I've dumped lots of money and time into it. Owned it for three years and it's fun to ride every single day.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:08 AM

why get another f4i when you have a perfectly good one now? you know it hasn't been wrecked? unless your planning to get another style bike... i wouldn't be worried to much about having a salvage title bike...just ride bro!

Old 01-16-2009, 10:35 AM

Ive noticed that people buying bikes arent really willing to pay more money if the bike has the small time mods like you are talking about doing.Some of the time your might get the money back that you spent on the mods, but you will rarely make a profit on it becauseslip ons/flush mountsare rather easy to buy and install by the next owner.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:16 PM

I agree, just keep it! Sounds like a good bike. Do what you want to it and do not worry about it. You will get more enjoyment out of it than what it is worth!

Old 01-16-2009, 02:49 PM

If its theft recovery i wouldn't worry about. ride it for a little bit, then sell, its not like the value of the bike is going to drop that much anyways. Enjoy it a little first!

to be honest its a hassle to go through inspection and get a bike on the road again why not use it for a while before going through the aggrivation of selling and low balling buyers again?

Old 01-16-2009, 03:47 PM

thanks a lot for the input, especially from the other salvaged owners!! I guess I'm coming to the realization that your all right. Nothing is really wrong with a salvaged title if its been taken care of. I guess I was just worried? thanks again everyone!

Old 01-16-2009, 04:57 PM
July 2008 ROTM

You could always sell it to me for dirt cheap.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: salvaged title