F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I just picked up a 2002 CBR F4I, i have some questions..

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just picked up a 2002 CBR F4I, i have some questions..

Hello everyone,

My name is Matt and I live in Portland Oregon.. I just picked up a buddy's bike from him that was wrecked. I am sure you get a million questions about parts and so on.. I just wanted to say hi and I will have some questions on the bike down the road. I picked up the bike for 1500 bucks which i thought was a steal, it needs new front forks and front rim, exhaust, and 65% of the plastics.. The bike went end over end in the grass.. This is my first bike, but i just wanted to know some thoughts on the bike.. My buddy is in college and just needs to get it off his hands. Thanks for the time and hopefully you drop on in and just say hi.. I would love to meet some new people with bikes.. Oh i know ebay is the place to be but you know if any one has any oem parts layen around, let me know.. [sm=badbadbad.gif] Thanks Matt

Old 11-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Default RE: I just picked up a 2002 CBR F4I, i have some questions..

For some reason, I have a feeling it'll cost more to replace all the parts and labor that it won't really be worth it in the end. Though you can justify that by knowing that you did this all on your own and have a vast amount of knowledge of your own bike afterwards. You are doing this on your own right?

Old 11-26-2005, 03:31 PM

I have a bud who works for ducati and says that he will help me through everything.. He hasnt seen the bike yet but i have looked in to the parts the past 2 days and it will cost about 2 grand.. In my opinion, me doing this will let me be able to upgrade the bike to what i like and will give me a great understanding for my bike.. Honeslty i understand that this will be a task to fix, but i have all winter to go rip it apart and see what we can do to it.. Hey bong thanks for the heads up, i can use all the info and thoughts... Thanks man.. Matt

Old 11-26-2005, 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Godzfireman

I have a bud who works for ducati and says that he will help me through everything.. He hasnt seen the bike yet but i have looked in to the parts the past 2 days and it will cost about 2 grand.. In my opinion, me doing this will let me be able to upgrade the bike to what i like and will give me a great understanding for my bike.. Honeslty i understand that this will be a task to fix, but i have all winter to go rip it apart and see what we can do to it.. Hey bong thanks for the heads up, i can use all the info and thoughts... Thanks man.. Matt
That's great that you have a friend who can work on it with you. And I agree with you on the positives of doing this. You'll know your bike inside and out. Good Luck man and keep us updated!

Old 11-27-2005, 11:18 AM

goodluck with it. and i guess ur doing ur buddy a favor by buying his wrecked bike. I personally won't have the patience n would of just bought a working bike for like $3500. Thats how much i bought mine for..but the fairings are mostly scrathced up. But i personally woulda told him $1000 for the bike. A tire is like $150...with a rim and rotors n caliper is like $325 at least. Just to let u know heads up.....for some reason, the dealership around me has cheaper prices if not the same as online. Or whatever i could find online at least...they're notl ike cars where there's sooo much aftermarket stuff for like half the price....Talk to ur buddy n ask him if he'll pay for like a tire or something....or a rim...cause a good tire with a good rim ain't cheap at all...but goodluck anyhow!!!

Old 11-27-2005, 01:06 PM

Yea, i see where you are coming from... But at the same time i have almost 5 months untill hell freezes over here so.. In the next 5 months, it worth my time to learn the bike and not be a noobie, that doesnt know a thing about his bike.. Thanks man for the suggestions.. Helps alot..
Matt

Old 11-28-2005, 01:00 PM

ebay is now your new best-friend.

I got all the parts for my '02 f4i off of ebay for around $800.

Upper, windscreen, both lowers, new gauges, upper fairing stay, headlight, mirrors, signals, levers and sliders.

Just be patient and you'll find some good deals.

The paint is what's expensive. [8D]

Old 11-28-2005, 06:36 PM

Yeah, i just bought a full set of forks and front end for 350 and i will have that on friday... Yeah, i like ebay now.. Hey where is the cheapest place to pick up a slip on micron exhaust red/black fade.. Would it be best to wait on ebay or to just to buy a brand new one.. Thanks ..
matt

Old 11-29-2005, 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Godzfireman

Yeah, i just bought a full set of forks and front end for 350 and i will have that on friday... Yeah, i like ebay now.. Hey where is the cheapest place to pick up a slip on micron exhaust red/black fade.. Would it be best to wait on ebay or to just to buy a brand new one.. Thanks ..
matt

I would say to keep your eye on the forsale sections of the forums. I got my new Jardine off of this forum for $150. Way cheaper than ebay. Check out the other sportbike forums - sportbike.net, cbrworld.net, etc.

Good luck.